Rep. Scott Brown gaining in special election--Ted Kennedy's former seat.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican Senate candidate Scott Brown has pulled within a 10 percentage point lead in the special election in Massachusetts to replace the late pro-abortion Sen. Ted Kennedy. The race could have a dramatic effect if brown pulls out the upset because it could impact the health care debate.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state finds Coakley ahead of Brown 50% to 41%. One percent (1%) prefer some other candidate, and seven percent (7%) are undecided.

Both candidates get better than 70% of the vote from members of their respective parties, but Brown leads 65% to 21% among voters not affiliated with either of the major parties.

Special elections are typically decided by who shows up to vote and it is clear from the data that Brown’s supporters are more enthusiastic. In fact, among those who are absolutely certain they will vote, Brown pulls to within two points of Coakley.

"The special Senate election will be held on January 19 and special elections typically feature low turnout. That’s one reason the race appears to be a bit closer than might typically be expected for a Senate race in Massachusetts," the pollster said.

Senate Race Sees Scott Brown Pull Close in Massachusetts, Impacts Health Care

Can it be? The State of Mass. actually voting in a Republican pro-life senator to fill the seat of the late Ted Kennedy? As we all know this state has "permanently" seated democrats Ted Kennedy & John Kerry for many decades.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. Look at the crosstabs.
39 percent liberal, 34 percent conservative, and 27 percent moderate

Compare that to the makeup of the electorate in 2008.
31 percent liberal, 19 percent conservative, and 49 percent moderate

The electorate will be more conservative in an off-year race. That being said, almost double? That doesn't even remotely pass the smell test.

Not gonna happen, but that would be a laugh out loud riot if it did...:lol:

Miracles can happen--look what happens tomorrow--Criss Dodd is announcing his retirement---Miracle in the making---:lol::lol:

I don't expect much out of Mass though. This is a state that permanently seats democrat senators. If the republican had his last name starting with a K he would probably have a much better chance--:lol::lol:

Last edited:
That being said, I would pump money into the race if I was the GOP. If you happen to make it close, it wins you a few news cycles and drives the narrative.

So the source is a site devoted to purely advocating the pro-life movement? :eusa_eh:

I have to agree with Polk by the way, those numbers are fishy.

Brown's not going to win by the way.

Miracles can happen--look what happens tomorrow--Criss Dodd is announcing his retirement---Miracle in the making---:lol::lol:

Miracle in the making? It makes it more likely the Democrats will retain the seat.

I don't expect much out of Mass though. This is a state the permanently seats senators. If the republican had his last name starting with a K he would probably have a much better chance--:lol::lol:

As a side note, the Libertarian candidate in the race is a Kennedy (though no relation to the Kennedys).

The people of Mass-of-stupids will elect another Democrat. They don't know any better.

158609.gif

Not gonna happen, but that would be a laugh out loud riot if it did...:lol:

I don't expect much out of Mass though. This is a state that permanently seats democrat senators. If the republican had his last name starting with a K he would probably have a much better chance--:lol::lol:

Dodd announcing his retirement when it been obvious since 2008 that he would lose if he ran is a miracle?

Dodd RUNNING would have been a miracle for you.

How much did they put into upstate the upstate New York special election to lose a seat they had control of for over a hundred years?

That being said, I would pump money into the race if I was the GOP. If you happen to make it close, it wins you a few news cycles and drives the narrative.

:lol::lol::lol: Throwing good money after bad is never a good idea. You should know this by now. $787 billion didn't work so--why go for stim bll junior--:lol::lol:

How much did they put into upstate the upstate New York special election to lose a seat they had control of for over a hundred years?

From what I heard that disaster was about 900K. Of course you're talking about the liberal female that stuck & R behind her name--& was picked as the nominee in the back room of a pizza parlor---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

From what I heard that disaster was about 900K. Of course you're talking about the liberal female that stuck & R behind her name--& was picked as the nominee in the back room of a pizza parlor---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Almost a million bucks to miss a slam dunk ...

Yet y'all "have a chance" at taking Ted Freakin' Kennedy's seat and all they can pony up is 50k.

Actually, the GOP of that city picked candidates after over a month long of interviews. Hoffman pledged his support to Dede despite his not getting it, but then soon said "screw you" and took up the "Conservative" party nomination.

Funny enough, Dede would be considered more Conservative than Hoffman if you don't include being ultra-religious as a Conservative ideal.

Forum List

Back