Rep. Scott Brown gaining in special election--Ted Kennedy's former seat.

Almost a million bucks to miss a slam dunk ...

Yet y'all "have a chance" at taking Ted Freakin' Kennedy's seat and all they can pony up is 50k.

Nobody ever said intelligence was a strong suit of theirs. :lol:

Last edited:
How much did they put into upstate the upstate New York special election to lose a seat they had control of for over a hundred years?

From what I heard that disaster was about 900K. Of course you're talking about the liberal female that stuck & R behind her name--& was picked as the nominee in the back room of a pizza parlor---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Almost a million bucks to miss a slam dunk ...

Yet y'all "have a chance" at taking Ted Freakin' Kennedy's seat and all they can pony up is 50k.

Who knows--who cares. I am an independent conservative--& could give a rats butt--if they have a D--R--or I behind their name as long as they're conservative.

And that's what the tea party movement is about.

Last edited:
From what I heard that disaster was about 900K. Of course you're talking about the liberal female that stuck & R behind her name--& was picked as the nominee in the back room of a pizza parlor---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Actually, the GOP of that city picked candidates after over a month long of interviews. Hoffman pledged his support to Dede despite his not getting it, but then soon said "screw you" and took up the "Conservative" party nomination.

Funny enough, Dede would be considered more Conservative than Hoffman if you don't include being ultra-religious as a Conservative ideal.

Nope--De De openly admitted she was for the 787 billion stimulus bill--which is a signed death warrant if you're conservative. That's where she blew it big time.

Last edited:
Psst! Dogbert... you may want to edit this, especially since you are referring to the intelligence of others.

Good catch. That's what I get for trusting the edit button to do it's job after I click it. :lol:

I don't know about you but pages have been freezing for me on and off as of late.

Not gonna happen, but that would be a laugh out loud riot if it did...:lol:

Miracles can happen--look what happens tomorrow--Criss Dodd is announcing his retirement---Miracle in the making---:lol::lol:

I don't expect much out of Mass though. This is a state that permanently seats democrat senators. If the republican had his last name starting with a K he would probably have a much better chance--:lol::lol:

And Dodd isn't alone, not by a long shot:

3 Democrats — 2 senators, 1 governor — to retire - Yahoo! News

3 Democrats — 2 senators, 1 governor — to retire

By LIZ SIDOTI, AP National Political Writer
37 mins ago

WASHINGTON — With the 2010 election year barely under way, two senators and one governor — all Democrats — ditched plans to run for re-election in the latest signs of trouble for President Barack Obama's party.

Taken together, the decisions by Sens. Chris Dodd of Connecticut and Byron Dorgan of North Dakota as well as Colorado Gov. Bill Ritter caused another bout of heartburn for Democrats as they struggle to defend themselves in a sour political environment for incumbents, particularly the party in charge.

As 2009 ended, Democrats watched a string of their House members announce retirements and one congressman defect to the GOP.

Now, with Dodd, Dorgan and Ritter out, Republicans have even more to crow about, if not better opportunities to pick up Democratic-held seats.

Democrats, who have a 60-40 Senate majority that includes two independents who vote with them, now will have to defend four open seats in the Senate. The others are Delaware and Illinois, where Sens. Ted Kaufman, who replaced Vice President Joe Biden, and Roland Burris, who replaced Obama, aren't running for full terms.

Among governors, Democrats are seeking to maintain their 26-24 majority in a year when those elected will oversee the redrawing of congressional and legislative districts for the next decade....

OMG!

He's within 10 percentage points in the polls???

WOW! That really means something. He can tell his grandkids that he was withing 10 percentage points on a poll from becoming a senator.

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican Senate candidate Scott Brown has pulled within a 10 percentage point lead in the special election in Massachusetts to replace the late pro-abortion Sen. Ted Kennedy. The race could have a dramatic effect if brown pulls out the upset because it could impact the health care debate.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state finds Coakley ahead of Brown 50% to 41%. One percent (1%) prefer some other candidate, and seven percent (7%) are undecided.

Both candidates get better than 70% of the vote from members of their respective parties, but Brown leads 65% to 21% among voters not affiliated with either of the major parties.

Special elections are typically decided by who shows up to vote and it is clear from the data that Brown’s supporters are more enthusiastic. In fact, among those who are absolutely certain they will vote, Brown pulls to within two points of Coakley.

"The special Senate election will be held on January 19 and special elections typically feature low turnout. That’s one reason the race appears to be a bit closer than might typically be expected for a Senate race in Massachusetts," the pollster said.

Senate Race Sees Scott Brown Pull Close in Massachusetts, Impacts Health Care

Can it be? The State of Mass. actually voting in a Republican pro-life senator to fill the seat of the late Ted Kennedy? As we all know this state has "permanently" seated democrats Ted Kennedy & John Kerry for many decades.

I love how that is phrased....I went "WTF" until I checked the news source....now it makes more sense.

"Perhaps Rasmussen’s most stunning finding was that the Wrentham state senator leads 65 percentto 21 percent among the unenrolled, the state’s biggest voting bloc."

Scott Brown trims Senate gap in poll - BostonHerald.com

even if rasmussen is off by 20 points, this is a pretty stunning lead among independents.

this ad created a lot of buzz for him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iddquwGpXM0[/ame]

there's not a lot of love for coakley here for a number of reasons; i wouldn't be so quick to scoff at brown's chances.

we'll see in 2 weeks.

The people of Mass-of-stupids will elect another Democrat. They don't know any better.

158609.gif

That "DANCEROO" is the best whatjagmajig I ever saw in my eventful life.

Thank you.

The EXPRESSIONS.....OMG......THE EXPRESSIONS......SIMPLY FANTASTIC !!!!

Last edited:
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican Senate candidate Scott Brown has pulled within a 10 percentage point lead in the special election in Massachusetts to replace the late pro-abortion Sen. Ted Kennedy. The race could have a dramatic effect if brown pulls out the upset because it could impact the health care debate.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state finds Coakley ahead of Brown 50% to 41%. One percent (1%) prefer some other candidate, and seven percent (7%) are undecided.

Both candidates get better than 70% of the vote from members of their respective parties, but Brown leads 65% to 21% among voters not affiliated with either of the major parties.

Special elections are typically decided by who shows up to vote and it is clear from the data that Brown’s supporters are more enthusiastic. In fact, among those who are absolutely certain they will vote, Brown pulls to within two points of Coakley.

"The special Senate election will be held on January 19 and special elections typically feature low turnout. That’s one reason the race appears to be a bit closer than might typically be expected for a Senate race in Massachusetts," the pollster said.

Senate Race Sees Scott Brown Pull Close in Massachusetts, Impacts Health Care

Can it be? The State of Mass. actually voting in a Republican pro-life senator to fill the seat of the late Ted Kennedy? As we all know this state has "permanently" seated democrats Ted Kennedy & John Kerry for many decades.

I love how that is phrased....I went "WTF" until I checked the news source....now it makes more sense.

I agree.

And, on top of all that......THE ZILLIONS of DOLLARS of the CORRUPT DEM STIMULUS MONEY going to the Wannabe Dem Chappaquidick Murderer.
:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

It would be a hoot if Brown took that seat. Probably not gonna happen though. We're talking about an area of the country whose people routinely re-elected a murderous drunkard for several decades. So I seriously doubt they're going to suddenly start doing the right thing and elect Scott Brown. I guess we'll see though. Go get em Mr. Brown.

Last edited:
He has a chance, if folks show up to vote. I live here, and I can assure you, the hack Democrat workers and the Boston college crowd carry the day here in Mass.

It would be awesome, he is the real deal.

Forum List

Back