Rep. Ilhan Omar Pushes Anti-Israel Resolution

Should Ilhan Omar's Anti-Israel Resolution come to pass in Congress?

• Yes, because the Democrats are in command in Congress and should make their anti-Antisemitism known.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No, because boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union nearly led to genocide of the Jewish race.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
US Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Omar’s resolution seeks to push back against US laws banning the boycott of Israel and affirms the right of Americans to organize boycotts of foreign countries if they wish.

While the resolution doesn’t explicitly name Israel or the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, she told media outlets that the resolution concerns the Jewish state.“We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our First Amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar (D-Minn.) “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/18/ilhan-omar-proposes-resolution-supporting-boycott-of-israel/

The other side to the history of the struggle to make anti-Semitism illegal is discussed here (and I spent half an hour coming to the conclusion that so far, no one can come to the conclusion to change Free Speech as it now is to limit or leave alone Free Speech (Bill of Rights #1) The startling thing about this decades-long debate is that the largest smiters of killing off anti-Semitic speech are Jewish lawyers for reasons that will confuse or bewilder you until you read it here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against Hate Speech

I'm not expecting a lucid answer from you, but why is the right obsessed with loving Israel? They have universal health care, not only is abortion legal, the government often pays for it, they have social security and welfare, the government subsidizes higher education.

You haven't read of Haym Salomon, have you. *yawn* Okay, young man your reading assignment for today is: Haym Salomon - Wikipedia You need to know who your lightweight creepsister's targets (the Jews) helped establish in this nation. When you understand the kind of people who were huge outta-the-park investors of General Washington's military needs who gave and gave and gave till he was totally bankrupt to the cause of the Revolutionary War. But it didn't stop when his money was all gone. General Washington petitioned him for his last round that won America its Independence from King George III, Haym went on a roundup of all his Jewish friends and came up with the amount General Washington needed to purchase necessities of war to free his country for once and for all. Haym died a pauper's death, as he was never reimbursed for his loan.

When Ill Hand speaks, America smells poop. She's pooping on American Jews, who gave away all they had to make America the first self-governing republic in the world, which over the years just got better due to early Congressional watchdogs who ensured the Constitution would be of by and for the people of the United States. Her arrogance and betrayal of American brothers and sisters who happen to be Jewish will be her evil legacy and a shame against the Democrat Political Party which will decline as a consequence, while President Trump continues his quest to make America the best place that it can be.

I don't understand people who think they are patriots putting up with such nasty people as Ill Hand Omar and the supporters of her snubbery, lies, and downright hatefilled diatribe against not only Jewish Americans, but President Trump who knows in spades what the Holocaust Jews who fled to America went through. I hope this treachery gets shown for what it is and receives the humiliation and a public kick from Congress of the evil weevils and anti-American activists that the 4 creepsisters show that is increasing prescriptions and over-the-counter antacids of better Americans they do not deserve the honor of serving, considering who they're trying to poop on, but are ending up with all the stench they've built with one false narrative after another against the American Patriots the Jewish Community has always been. I'm glad our President defends them so well. He's just the best, imho.

If you have a problem with Jews, you have a problem with me. Those people know who they are.
Why are you speaking in vague cryptologies?

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

I don't take bait and I don't get dragged into pointless call-outs.

If you just let an anti-Semite talk they will eventually call themselves out.

Funny. After all these claims of racism, it turns out that the only real racist here is Omar herself! :auiqs.jpg:

uh-huh. these rallies were filmed b4 trump's installation... since then, his basket dwellers have gotten emboldened with their hatred & racism.

so when you can cough up a valid retort - then your silly post will be reCONsidered.

How pathetic that you take a few idiots at a rally and use that to blanket smear 66 million supporters. I'm much more concerned about the hundreds of racists and haters running my House of Representatives and their thousands of followers in places like California than I am 2 or 3 fanatics spurred on by and filmed at some rally somewhere because of a tee shirt they wore. Those idiots pale in comparison to the hundreds and thousands of violent loons spurred on to looting, burning and destroying entire cities in places like Baltimore by the likes of Obumma and his little sidekick, Eric Holder.

If you have a problem with Jews, you have a problem with me. Those people know who they are.

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

Funny. After all these claims of racism, it turns out that the only real racist here is Omar herself! :auiqs.jpg:
Got nothing to do with RAAAAYYYYCISM... it's got everything to do with religion.

Omar is a muslim. Muslims hate jews.

Why is there any more conversation needed about this?

Ahhhhh, sorry, but the Israelis aren't a religion. The Jews are a race. Muslims might hate Jews because of their own religious bias but the Jewish race they hate they don't hate because of their religion, it is because they hate THEM.

oh ----so good of you to clear that up------so its ok then. Why do muslims hate Hindus and Christians?

US Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Omar’s resolution seeks to push back against US laws banning the boycott of Israel and affirms the right of Americans to organize boycotts of foreign countries if they wish.

While the resolution doesn’t explicitly name Israel or the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, she told media outlets that the resolution concerns the Jewish state.“We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our First Amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar (D-Minn.) “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/18/ilhan-omar-proposes-resolution-supporting-boycott-of-israel/

The other side to the history of the struggle to make anti-Semitism illegal is discussed here (and I spent half an hour coming to the conclusion that so far, no one can come to the conclusion to change Free Speech as it now is to limit or leave alone Free Speech (Bill of Rights #1) The startling thing about this decades-long debate is that the largest smiters of killing off anti-Semitic speech are Jewish lawyers for reasons that will confuse or bewilder you until you read it here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against Hate Speech

Does this article by Fox article by Mikelionis say that there IS already a law against boycotting Israel? The first paragraph is the opinion of an Omar hater, so that can be discarded, but the rest of the screed indicates to me there are laws I am unaware of that imply it is illegal to boycott certain countries. Are there also laws making boycott within our borders unlawful?

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

Got nothing to do with RAAAAYYYYCISM... it's got everything to do with religion.

Ahhhhh, sorry, but the Israelis aren't a religion. The Jews are a race. Muslims might hate Jews because of their own religious bias but the Jewish race they hate they don't hate because of their religion, it is because they hate THEM.
What kind of twisted cockamamie BS is that?

Why Middle East Muslims are taught to hate Jews

And exactly what is this "religious bias" you accuse Jews of having?

Does this article by Fox article by Mikelionis say that there IS already a law against boycotting Israel? The first paragraph is the opinion of an Omar hater, so that can be discarded, but the rest of the screed indicates to me there are laws I am unaware of that imply it is illegal to boycott certain countries. Are there also laws making boycott within our borders unlawful?

there have been laws against organized boycotts in this country since I was a tiny
little girl ----LONG LONG ago. There were people who got together and published LISTS of businesses GOOD WITH WHICH TO DO BUSINESS----often
based on the RELIGIOUS BELIEFS or POLITICAL BELIEFS of the owners. This kind of crap was actually outlawed where I lived. It was determined that it was ILLEGAL to encourage boycott of businesses based on ideology of owners in publically disseminated literature which at that time meant seedy little pamphlets
left here and there.
BDS is an islamo Nazi thing-------and is nothing new-------in fact it was in existence when I was born-------and openly advertised----in seedy little pamphlets-----interestingly some of the justifications were written by very special people living in
Egypt or Syria--------escapees from the Nuremburg Trials. I was so young when I came upon them that I thought------Syria, which seemed entirely Christian to me based on the SYRIANS I knew at that time-----had become NAZI

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

Derp, LEARN TO FREEKING READ. I accused the Jews of nothing. Muslims hate anyone who isn't a muslim, period and have been at war with the rest of the world for thousands of years.

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

Are you against Isreal right to live peacefully without being attacked by Muslim nations?

Do you feel Hitler and Stalin failure is a stain on the World because Jewish people still exist?

When you see someone that look Jewish do you cross to the other side of the street while making sure you have all of your pennies?

Do you hate Jewish people?

If so then you are thy enemy...

Derp, LEARN TO FREEKING READ. I accused the Jews of nothing. Muslims hate anyone who isn't a muslim, period and have been at war with the rest of the world for thousands of years.
Get your head back in joint and quit whining ya little baby. You tried to play around and twist the story into something else that was BS.

Yes, muslims hate anyone that isn't a muslim, and that has EVERYTHING to do with RELIGION. What part about that don't you get, bubble head?

Of course. What do you expect from someone who said she gets a "calming feeling" when she thinks about the Holocaust? She's also repeatedly questioned the patriotism of American Jews and has blamed Israel for every misfortune in the Middle East.

There was one articles fromThe Atlantis and one from the NY Post. I only put the Fox visual up for those who might feel left out if they didn't see it on tv. So if you want a pacifier, fine, but if you want to know the depth of the debate, I challenge you to read the last link, which is where the debate is shown to get a little tricky. Know why? Please try and get through it. I know that it's a long and winding read, and I'd like your opinion on it. Thanks.

Have you heard of the BDS Movement? Democrats have acknowledged that BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions specifically of Israel) indicates Antisemitism and in the past have discouraged BDS to avoid being compared to the highly antisemitic Nazis of Germany, and the Bolsheviks of Russia. Congresswoman Omar mentioned two other Congressmen who have joined her movement who are Congressman John Lewis and Congresswoman Rashida Talib.

A professor guest on the video this is discrimination. 27 States have also condemned such BDS movements in the past. Some of these states are conflicted now, because they have supported the gang of 4 up to this point.

And I know this will not please some of USMB people who support the gang of 4, but the President is less than thrilled with the way these congressmen are manipulating the Democrats further and further into the far left realm:

Now I realize this is how your handlers have trained & instructed you to respond.

But can YOU, you know know, in your own words explain how "BDS" is anti-semetic?

Thanks.

Of course. What do you expect from someone who said she gets a "calming feeling" when she thinks about the Holocaust? She's also repeatedly questioned the patriotism of American Jews and has blamed Israel for every misfortune in the Middle East.
Another, well-debunked LIE from the pits of hell.

This poster is clearly not an honest broker.

How can a law that limits our right to protest be constitutional?

Why do we even have a law prohibiting the boycott of Israel and Israelis? Who's idea was that?

Crepitus asked: "How can a law that limits our right to protest be constitutional?"​

What law would that be? Please identify by Congressional number such a law as it relates to this discussion. Thx.

Crepitus asked: "Why do we even have a law prohibiting the boycott of Israel and Israelis?"
Again, I'm not acquainted with one. Please indicate by its Congressional number the law to which you are referring.

Crepitus asked: "<sic>Who's idea was that? Please reread my recommended thread above and here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against Hate Speech
What's your take on this?

First of all, this is a new subject to me so I had to do a little reading. It appears there is currently no federal law against boycotting Israel. This is not for lack of trying though. See "combatting BDS act" and "anti Israeli boycott act" for two of the recent ones.

Anyhow, due to their failure to get anything federal passed they have pushed state laws with the same language and actually managed to get some passed. So far they haven't stood up well in court though. The Kansas one was struck down just this spring. Seems it's a violation of the first amendment.

So, why are we (mostly republicans) trying to pass laws that violate the Constitution to protect Israel?

And why is it a problem for you if someone introduces a bill that would stop them from introducing said unconstitutional legislation at a state level?

Have you heard of the BDS Movement? Democrats have acknowledged that BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions specifically of Israel) indicates Antisemitism and in the past have discouraged BDS to avoid being compared to the highly antisemitic Nazis of Germany, and the Bolsheviks of Russia. Congresswoman Omar mentioned two other Congressmen who have joined her movement who are Congressman John Lewis and Congresswoman Rashida Talib.

A professor guest on the video this is discrimination. 27 States have also condemned such BDS movements in the past. Some of these states are conflicted now, because they have supported the gang of 4 up to this point.

And I know this will not please some of USMB people who support the gang of 4, but the President is less than thrilled with the way these congressmen are manipulating the Democrats further and further into the far left realm:

Now I realize this is how your handlers have trained & instructed you to respond.

But can YOU, you know know, in your own words explain how "BDS" is anti-semetic?

Thanks.

Sure, Marc. Ms. Ilhan said she was against BDS back when. But when it became so convenient to take a jab at President Trump, she merely changed her position and went after Israel with BDS just to make her point that her bodily mouth, her choice, killing two birds with one stone.
Ain't that somethin'. :D

Have you noticed, the same people show up whenever there are discussions concerning Jews and Israel?
Something tells me that if I look into it, I'll discover that you are foremost among them.

I'm not expecting a lucid answer from you, but why is the right obsessed with loving Israel? They have universal health care, not only is abortion legal, the government often pays for it, they have social security and welfare, the government subsidizes higher education.

You haven't read of Haym Salomon, have you. *yawn* Okay, young man your reading assignment for today is: Haym Salomon - Wikipedia You need to know who your lightweight creepsister's targets (the Jews) helped establish in this nation. When you understand the kind of people who were huge outta-the-park investors of General Washington's military needs who gave and gave and gave till he was totally bankrupt to the cause of the Revolutionary War. But it didn't stop when his money was all gone. General Washington petitioned him for his last round that won America its Independence from King George III, Haym went on a roundup of all his Jewish friends and came up with the amount General Washington needed to purchase necessities of war to free his country for once and for all. Haym died a pauper's death, as he was never reimbursed for his loan.

When Ill Hand speaks, America smells poop. She's pooping on American Jews, who gave away all they had to make America the first self-governing republic in the world, which over the years just got better due to early Congressional watchdogs who ensured the Constitution would be of by and for the people of the United States. Her arrogance and betrayal of American brothers and sisters who happen to be Jewish will be her evil legacy and a shame against the Democrat Political Party which will decline as a consequence, while President Trump continues his quest to make America the best place that it can be.

I don't understand people who think they are patriots putting up with such nasty people as Ill Hand Omar and the supporters of her snubbery, lies, and downright hatefilled diatribe against not only Jewish Americans, but President Trump who knows in spades what the Holocaust Jews who fled to America went through. I hope this treachery gets shown for what it is and receives the humiliation and a public kick from Congress of the evil weevils and anti-American activists that the 4 creepsisters show that is increasing prescriptions and over-the-counter antacids of better Americans they do not deserve the honor of serving, considering who they're trying to poop on, but are ending up with all the stench they've built with one false narrative after another against the American Patriots the Jewish Community has always been. I'm glad our President defends them so well. He's just the best, imho.

He was from Poland -- so why don't you love Poland?

Sure, Marc. Ms. Ilhan said she was against BDS back when. But when it became so convenient to take a jab at President Trump, she merely changed her position and went after Israel with BDS just to make her point that her bodily mouth, her choice, killing two birds with one stone.
Ain't that somethin'. :D
How is that anti-semtic?

Sounds like, by your own words, you're suggesting she's simply anti-Trump.

Forum List

Back