Rep. Ilhan Omar Pushes Anti-Israel Resolution

Should Ilhan Omar's Anti-Israel Resolution come to pass in Congress?

• Yes, because the Democrats are in command in Congress and should make their anti-Antisemitism known.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No, because boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union nearly led to genocide of the Jewish race.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

beautress

Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 28, 2018
Walker County, TX
US Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Omar’s resolution seeks to push back against US laws banning the boycott of Israel and affirms the right of Americans to organize boycotts of foreign countries if they wish.

While the resolution doesn’t explicitly name Israel or the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, she told media outlets that the resolution concerns the Jewish state.“We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our First Amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar (D-Minn.) “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/18/ilhan-omar-proposes-resolution-supporting-boycott-of-israel/

The other side to the history of the struggle to make anti-Semitism illegal is discussed here (and I spent half an hour coming to the conclusion that so far, no one can come to the conclusion to change Free Speech as it now is to limit or leave alone Free Speech (Bill of Rights #1) The startling thing about this decades-long debate is that the largest smiters of killing off anti-Semitic speech are Jewish lawyers for reasons that will confuse or bewilder you until you read it here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against Hate Speech

At least they're making their intentions known. I like my enemies better when they're not pretending to be my friend.

At least they're making their intentions known. I like my enemies better when they're not pretending to be my friend.
Wait, conservatives are objecting to a resolution that wants to deregulate speech and give us the ability to freely protest against countries we disagree with?! Did I read that right?

Wait, conservatives are objecting to a resolution that wants to deregulate speech and give us the ability to freely protest against countries we disagree with?! Did I read that right?

Not me. I want anti-Semites to speak, and speak loudly... I want to know precisely where they are.

US Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Omar’s resolution seeks to push back against US laws banning the boycott of Israel and affirms the right of Americans to organize boycotts of foreign countries if they wish.

While the resolution doesn’t explicitly name Israel or the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, she told media outlets that the resolution concerns the Jewish state.“We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our First Amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar (D-Minn.) “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/18/ilhan-omar-proposes-resolution-supporting-boycott-of-israel/

The other side to the history of the struggle to make anti-Semitism illegal is discussed here (and I spent half an hour coming to the conclusion that so far, no one can come to the conclusion to change Free Speech as it now is to limit or leave alone Free Speech (Bill of Rights #1) The startling thing about this decades-long debate is that the largest smiters of killing off anti-Semitic speech are Jewish lawyers for reasons that will confuse or bewilder you until you read it here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against Hate Speech
Explain how any of this is anti-Israel?

BTW, what does "anti-Israel" even mean?

If you have a problem with Jews, you have a problem with me. Those people know who they are.
Why are you speaking in vague cryptologies?

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

I don't take bait and I don't get dragged into pointless call-outs.

If you just let an anti-Semite talk they will eventually call themselves out.

How can a law that limits our right to protest be constitutional?

Why do we even have a law prohibiting the boycott of Israel and Israelis? Who's idea was that?

I don't take bait and I don't get dragged into pointless call-outs.

If you just let an anti-Semite talk they will eventually call themselves out.
Is that anything at all like letting a racist talk?

If that serves your needs, absolutely.
My needs have nothing to do w/it.

I ask again, is that anything at all like letting a racist talk? Will they too eventually call themselves out?

The other side to the history of the struggle to make anti-Semitism illegal is discussed here (and I spent half an hour coming to the conclusion that so far, no one can come to the conclusion to change Free Speech as it now is to limit or leave alone Free Speech (Bill of Rights #1) The startling thing about this decades-long debate is that the largest smiters of killing off anti-Semitic speech are Jewish lawyers for reasons that will confuse or bewilder you until you read it here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against
Who are you claiming are your enemies here, and why?

Hate Speech
Explain how any of this is anti-Israel?

BTW, what does "anti-Israel" even mean?

Have you heard of the BDS Movement? Democrats have acknowledged that BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions specifically of Israel) indicates Antisemitism and in the past have discouraged BDS to avoid being compared to the highly antisemitic Nazis of Germany, and the Bolsheviks of Russia. Congresswoman Omar mentioned two other Congressmen who have joined her movement who are Congressman John Lewis and Congresswoman Rashida Talib.

A professor guest on the video this is discrimination. 27 States have also condemned such BDS movements in the past. Some of these states are conflicted now, because they have supported the gang of 4 up to this point.

And I know this will not please some of USMB people who support the gang of 4, but the President is less than thrilled with the way these congressmen are manipulating the Democrats further and further into the far left realm:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Well, there is that old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer." That way, you know what they are up to. Of course, that tactic didn't work out so well for the various Roman Emperors.
I do believe that such vitriol from someone who came here from abroad, should negate their right to remain and in this case get the person shipped back to Somalia. Omar should be considered an "enemy of the state."
No doubt she is among the Muslims coming here performing a hijra (the migration to infidel lands to change them from within) and she'll use "taqiyya" (deception) if confronted about it. Make no mistake, she is our enemy.

Forum List

Back