Rep. Ilhan Omar Pushes Anti-Israel Resolution

Should Ilhan Omar's Anti-Israel Resolution come to pass in Congress?

• Yes, because the Democrats are in command in Congress and should make their anti-Antisemitism known.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No, because boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union nearly led to genocide of the Jewish race.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Are you against Isreal right to live peacefully without being attacked by Muslim nations?

Do you feel Hitler and Stalin failure is a stain on the World because Jewish people still exist?
What you are saying is akin to saying if you correct your children you must hate them. Do you know it is illegal in Israel for Jews to marry Christians? Of course we should defend strongly Israel's right to exist in peace. But that does not mean we have to support the country's excesses, like building communities in questionable sites as a thumb-your-nose gesture to removed occupants.

At least they're making their intentions known. I like my enemies better when they're not pretending to be my friend.
Who are you claiming are your enemies here, and why?

If you have a problem with Jews, you have a problem with me. Those people know who they are.

I have absolutely no problems with Jews. 30 years of working in corporate/commerical and real estate law - half the lawyers I worked with were Jewish, as was my business partner.

But I have a lot of problems with the Israeli government and their treatment of the Palestinians. One of my long-time friends worked in Washington, lobbying on behalf of a large Isreali charity. The job required her to travel to Israel for annual meetings, strategy sessions, etc., several times a year. My friend is Jewish and she is now married an Isreali man. She moved to Isreal full time after their marriage. She has told me that what the ultra-right wing Isreali government is doing to the Palestinians in Gaza, is hardly any better than the Jew were treated by the Nazis.

Even the Jews are disgusted by the Israeli government's actions. Why shouldn't the rest of the world be allowed to agree with them?

I fought South African apartheid. I see the same brutal policies in Israel | Ronnie Kasrils

Readers React: It isn't anti-Semitic to speak out against Israel's treatment of the Palestinians

Israel and Occupied Palestinian Territories 2018

easy----if a person travels to mecca and farts DEATH TO------as he walks around the black turd in the sand------he is ANTI----what ever he is farting "death to...."
In fact even if he takes part in that ACT OF HOLY FAITH----it is logical to conclude
WHERE HIS HEART IS

also----listen to what the children say JUMP A ROPE
Did Omar do any of that?

easy----if a person travels to mecca and farts DEATH TO------as he walks around the black turd in the sand------he is ANTI----what ever he is farting "death to...."
In fact even if he takes part in that ACT OF HOLY FAITH----it is logical to conclude
WHERE HIS HEART IS

Did Omar do any of that?

probably----if not in mecca then during some Khutbah jumaat feces fling. What do
you imagine she would do ----RAISE AN OBJECTION. You should visit some
mosques. No matter how disgusting is the rhetoric---NO ONE OBJECTS

When are people going to realize that the United States has Israel on a very short leash?

Israel will feel and be alone in a world that hates them and that is very dangerous.

When are people going to realize that the United States has Israel on a very short leash?

Israel will feel and be alone in a world that hates them and that is very dangerous.

to get that far in understanding----you must have a brain that actually matured unimpeded-----like that of a healthy 25-30 year old

Israel has always been a favored target of several Muslim neighbors. Other Muslim neighbors do not tolerate aggression against any of their neighbors. All we can do is hold up our end of the bargain. They've been true friends to us, and I like their leadership. Israel never looks for trouble to my knowledge. But they have zero tolerance for serial bombers who harass them because of centuries-long grudges that should have been let go long time ago. I do not care to see unsolicited trouble going Israel's way by Muslims in our country who learned from Maxine Watters to harass anyone they don't care for. It's a shame that should not be being perpetrated on these American shores, and it needs to be stopped in its tracks if it isn't stopped voluntarily.

WHERE HIS HEART IS

Did Omar do any of that?
Dunno, because she was awfully busy with all of this:

Last edited:

I don't think it's like that, Mr. Scotsman. I think our relationship to allies is more on the order of mutual respect for what each other brings to the table of peace and prosperity.

Of course. What do you expect from someone who said she gets a "calming feeling" when she thinks about the Holocaust? She's also repeatedly questioned the patriotism of American Jews and has blamed Israel for every misfortune in the Middle East.
The Holocaust gives Ilhan Omar a "calming feeling?" I don't see her giving her opposites any kind of a "calming feeling."
That assigns them the job of working around a person who is calmed by the misery of others.
And here's one:
Shapiro: Omar has a history of not taking terrorism seriously

US Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Omar’s resolution seeks to push back against US laws banning the boycott of Israel and affirms the right of Americans to organize boycotts of foreign countries if they wish.

While the resolution doesn’t explicitly name Israel or the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, she told media outlets that the resolution concerns the Jewish state.“We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our First Amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar (D-Minn.) “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/18/ilhan-omar-proposes-resolution-supporting-boycott-of-israel/

The other side to the history of the struggle to make anti-Semitism illegal is discussed here (and I spent half an hour coming to the conclusion that so far, no one can come to the conclusion to change Free Speech as it now is to limit or leave alone Free Speech (Bill of Rights #1) The startling thing about this decades-long debate is that the largest smiters of killing off anti-Semitic speech are Jewish lawyers for reasons that will confuse or bewilder you until you read it here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against Hate Speech

The thread premise is a lie - Omar is not advocating for an ‘anti-Israel’ resolution.

Somehow, I missed this little digfest of Mrs. Omar, who now is making things up about President Trump that is not at all true: Ilhan Omar: ‘Racist’ Trump ‘Wants Every Black/Brown Person Deported And Muslims Banned’

Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar tweeted that President Donald Trump is a “racist” who wants all minorities “deported and Muslims banned.”
“You all should end this charade and accept that this racist president wants every black/brown person deported and Muslims banned,” Omar tweeted Saturday night, responding to a Vice News post criticizing the president for his contention that those who do not love America should leave.

Trump’s ongoing feud with the so-called “Squad,” which includes Reps. Omar Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib, intensified after the President tweeted that the congresswomen should “go back” and fix their countries of origin before coming back and offering solutions for the United States. Then, a North Carolina crowd chanted “Send her back!” when Trump brought up comments Omar made in 2013 about Al Qaeda.
Trump repudiated the race card that Ilhan played, and her DNC comrades support.

Forum List

Back