Ocasio-Cortez joins other squad members in boycotting Modi speech

Indian Hindu businesses generally only hire other Hindu people and most won't hire Indian Muslims.
They look down on Indian Muslims and avoid associating with them.
Indian hindu businesses generally hire people of their EXTENSIVE FAMILIES. As to "LOOKING
DOWN" ------I will be gentle----the feeling ---beween hindus and muslims of south east
Asia is TO SAY THE LEAST (I am bending over backward now) ----at the very least,
MUTUAL DISGUST over which Hindus tend to giggle and muslims mention something about
uhm......'drinking their blood' ----all in good fun, of course

particularly for individuals whom WHO our own State Department has concluded are engaged in systematic human rights abuses of religious minorities and caste-oppressed communities,” Ocasio-Cortez added.

Her statement comes a day after Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), the two Muslim women in Congress, said they would not be attending the Indian leader’s speech.

Tlaib added Tuesday on Twitter that Modi’s “long history of human rights abuses, anti-democratic actions, targeting Muslims and religious minorities, and censoring journalists is unacceptable.”
The Churchill of South Asia

Patriotic Modi, unlike our entire appeasing ruling class, recognizes the danger Nazislamis poses to any country that allows them to practice their human-sacrifice religion.

Looks like the squad is doing what they do. This time they are boycotting Modi.
I have been to many Indian restaurants and never have I seen any of the things they are claiming.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is joining other progressives in boycotting Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s joint address to Congress.

In a tweet, the New York Democrat urged her colleagues who stand for “pluralism, tolerance and freedom of speech” to join her boycott.

Ocasio-Cortez highlighted Modi’s previous ban from entering the U.S. and reports from the State Department on India’s record on religious freedoms, as well as the country’s current ranking in the Press Freedom Index.

“A joint address is among the most prestigious invitations and honors the United States Congress can extend. We should not do so for individuals with deeply troubling human rights records – particularly for individuals whom our own State Department has concluded are engaged in systematic human rights abuses of religious minorities and caste-oppressed communities,” Ocasio-Cortez added.

Her statement comes a day after Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), the two Muslim women in Congress, said they would not be attending the Indian leader’s speech.

Tlaib added Tuesday on Twitter that Modi’s “long history of human rights abuses, anti-democratic actions, targeting Muslims and religious minorities, and censoring journalists is unacceptable.”

Modi Is a huge piece of shit.

India is s powerful ally against China

That’s a problem

Modi is not an autocrat. He is vilified by muslims of Southeast Asia (and the rest of the
"UMMA") because he has a tiny touch of hindu nationalism in juxtaposition to his
shariah shithole sorrounding
Let me guess...you're a Hindu who hates Muslims

Looks like the squad is doing what they do. This time they are boycotting Modi.
I have been to many Indian restaurants and never have I seen any of the things they are claiming.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is joining other progressives in boycotting Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s joint address to Congress.

In a tweet, the New York Democrat urged her colleagues who stand for “pluralism, tolerance and freedom of speech” to join her boycott.

Ocasio-Cortez highlighted Modi’s previous ban from entering the U.S. and reports from the State Department on India’s record on religious freedoms, as well as the country’s current ranking in the Press Freedom Index.

“A joint address is among the most prestigious invitations and honors the United States Congress can extend. We should not do so for individuals with deeply troubling human rights records – particularly for individuals whom our own State Department has concluded are engaged in systematic human rights abuses of religious minorities and caste-oppressed communities,” Ocasio-Cortez added.

Kind of ironic that a group who does not believe in free speech except for leftists, would react so much to someone who they claim is against free speech.

Painting Ghandi as evil ................

This India government is changing history facts in their schools and science is no longer allowed ........... this sounds
like DeSantis, GW Bush, Sam Brownback, Newt Gingrich, ALEC, MAGA, Dick Cheney, right wing fundamentalists and they are attacking women as well.

These radical extremists want to keep women barefoot and in the kitchen aka subservient to men.

Nope. Let me guess----you are kinda non aligned but imagine yourself
"liberal progressive"
I don’t “imagine myself” anything.

I just take issue with autocrats and bigotry

Because the Indian restaurant didn't hire Muslims?
A traditional indian rstaurant is generally owned and run by Bangladeshis. They are muslim.
Thats why there is no pork curry of any sort..
Modi should not have been given that honour. He is a horrible shit of a man. AOC is 100% correct.

A traditional indian rstaurant is generally owned and run by Bangladeshis. They are muslim.
Thats why there is no pork curry of any sort..
Modi should not have been given that honour. He is a horrible shit of a man. AOC is 100% correct.
Try again----SOME indian restaurants are run by Bangladeshis who are
mostly muslims. Ever meet Bangladeshis? You have something against
Modi? Bangladesh is the erstwhile EAST BENGAL---thence East Pakistan---
thence Bangladesh. West Bengal is part of India----and includes the infamous
Calcutta. For fun talk to some Bangladeshis and some people from West Bengal
India-------about......things related to BENGALIS

Hindus consider the cow a very holy animal while Indian Muslims don’t. Basically, as a Hindu, you don’t want to hire someone at your restaurant that thinks your holy cow is a food source that can be listed on a menu. Most Hindu Muslims, in India especially, eat lamb instead of beef out of respect for the Hindus, and because the Hindus are the overwhelming majority in India.

Forum List

Back