Remembering 9/11...

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I watched a documentary on it again last night. I do this every year to remind myself of the terrible tragedy that could have been deterred if we had stricter border control. The lives that were lost. The men and women who were innocents and first responders that lost their lives.

After the tragedy this country was so united. There was no talk of black or white, we all had a common enemy and common grief. The shock was almost too hard to bear. How the families did it is truly amazing.

I saw those jump from the highest floors and prayed that they were unconscious shortly after leaping.

We will never know if we have stopped another terror attack of this level with our Immigration laws, Homeland Security and CIA. Let's pray we never have to fear that kind evil again.

Considering how buddy buddy we’ve bcome with the Saudi’s, holding them dearer now than even our oldest allies, it should be easier than ever for them to get whoever they want into our country.

That was the point of it. To make us attack Iraq and Afghanistan and begin the War on Terror full blast.

Considering how buddy buddy we’ve bcome with the Saudi’s, holding them dearer now than even our oldest allies, it should be easier than ever for them to get whoever they want into our country.
Could that work the opposite...that it woud be less likely endorsed by the government so the threat would be lessened? I don't know. But the Saudis HAVE to follow our laws permitting them from coming in our country without vetting.

Could that work the opposite...that it woud be less likely endorsed by the government so the threat would be lessened? I don't know. But the Saudis HAVE to follow our laws permitting them from coming in our country without vetting.
Saudi’s seem to be leading the charge in embracing secularism in the Middle East, so that should weaken terrorists and the religious nuts who create them.

That was the point of it. To make us attack Iraq and Afghanistan and begin the War on Terror full blast.
I don't believe that. We later discovered that Saudis were involved but never brought them into a war. I was all for obliterating Afghanistan at the time. Iraq should not have been a target at all.

They are not even on the no fly list. Wouldn't you think they would be if they were at fault, as we know they were involved.

-- and to get them out before anybody else can travel as well.

They are not even on the no fly list. Wouldn't you think they would be if they were at fault, as we know they were involved.
But are we sure that they are not on the no fly list? Some have to be!

I think we should be very happy ISIS doesn't pose the threat it did the last year.

MVC-003S.JPG

MVC-015S.JPG

MVC-018S.JPG

MVC-030S.JPG

Next year those born after 9/11 will be turning 18 years old and will be able to vote. Time flies.

The only winner in the almost two decade "war on terror" has been Israel.

Israel has gained both politically and financially; and succeeded in getting the U.S. military to put the entire Middle East into turmoil.

While the U.S. gained absolutely nothing. ... :cuckoo:

The only winner in the almost two decade "war on terror" has been Israel.

Israel has gained both politically and financially; and succeeded in getting the U.S. military to put the entire Middle East into turmoil.

While the U.S. gained absolutely nothing. ... :cuckoo:
I'd that is due in part to Israels method of dealing with the terrorists, which almost always revolves around killing them.

I watched a documentary on it again last night. I do this every year to remind myself of the terrible tragedy that could have been deterred if we had stricter border control. The lives that were lost. The men and women who were innocents and first responders that lost their lives.

After the tragedy this country was so united. There was no talk of black or white, we all had a common enemy and common grief. The shock was almost too hard to bear. How the families did it is truly amazing.

I saw those jump from the highest floors and prayed that they were unconscious shortly after leaping.

We will never know if we have stopped another terror attack of this level with our Immigration laws, Homeland Security and CIA. Let's pray we never have to fear that kind evil again.

Neither stricter border security nor a wall would have stopped the 9/11 hijackers. Why? Because they came here LEGALLY on a visa, and it hadn't expired yet.

Neither stricter border security nor a wall would have stopped the 9/11 hijackers. Why? Because they came here LEGALLY on a visa, and it hadn't expired yet.
Well then lets just bend over and let them have at us! No borders, no laws, criminals and terrorists everywhere. Will you be happy then?

Well then lets just bend over and let them have at us! No borders, no laws, criminals and terrorists everywhere. Will you be happy then?

Not what I said at all. The 9/11 terrorists came here legally and on a visa that was still good when they did the attack. A wall wouldn't have stopped them.

However.................a much better solution would be better vetting of those we let in on visas. The Muslim shooters in San Bernadino had one who was born here, and the other was his wife, who came here on a marriage visa. If better vetting had been done for the people with visas, maybe we would have avoided some of this crap.

Forum List

Back