WOODWARD: Trump plan to eliminate federal debt, "print money"! COHN was stunned

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by centerleftFL, Sep 11, 2018.

1. centerleftFL

centerleftFL VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,545
    I was a fucking PSYCH major even I KNOW this leads to INFLATION! Did I think TRUMP was full of shit when he made the claim about how well and cleverly he used DEBT? Oh hell yes. I LAUGHED. Unless, of course, going bankrupt x 3 or 4 is 'managing debt' well. (Call me crazy, but when I think about managing debt it includes PAYING IT OFF too).

Imagine Cohn's surprise when TRUMP said this.

Trump's plan to help eliminate the federal debt was to print money: Woodward book

BY ARIS FOLLEY - 09/11/18 01:56 PM EDT 139

Trump's plan to help eliminate the federal debt was to print money: Woodward book

President Trump allegedly suggested to his chief economic adviser last year that the government should print more money to help eliminate federal debt, according to an excerpt from Bob Woodward’s new book.

The veteran Watergate journalist wrote in his new book — “Fear: Trump in the White House” — that Gary Cohn, the now-former top economic adviser, told Trump that the Federal Reserve was likely to increase rates during his first term in office, in an excerpt first reported by Business Insider.

“We should just go borrow a lot of money, hold it, and then sell it to make money,” Trump reportedly said in response.

Cohn was “astounded” by the president’s response, which he reportedly said illustrated a “lack of basic understanding” about how federal debt works.

Trump, who was the president-elect at the time and had promised to wipe out U.S. debt in eight years, reportedly offered a solution: “Just run the presses — print money.”

Woodward wrote that Cohn then went on to explain how printing more money is thought to lead to inflation and could be catastrophic for the fiscal health of the U.S....

• Informative x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Thank You! x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,131
    LMAO why would anyone be stunned?....that's what the government has been doing for generations....printing money.....this whole book is BS liberal drivel....

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,131
    If you want to get pissed about printing money look into the Obama years...get educated....LMFAO....freaks will buy Woodward's book...but people with a thinking brain will not.....

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,131
    Every president since Reagan has called Woodward a liar and fabricator...but now he is some kind of super reporter?.... right.......LMAO

5. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,131
    I think it was Obama that tripled the national debt......now Trump is charged with fixing it and that is what he is doing despite BS books like Woodward's...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,301
    Are you still believing what's in the Woodward book? Stop. It will drive you funny.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. SassyIrishLass

SassyIrishLass Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95,001
    President Trump allegedly suggested....

My understanding Woodward's book is full of that. Full of allegations, anonymous sources and allegedly.

For some veteran reporter and icon it seems shoddy

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. AzogtheDefiler

AzogtheDefiler Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,949
    I keep saying this. Until BOTH parties address entitlements, we will never have a surplus.

9. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,131
    The left is living off of speculation and lies...how sad for them....unnamed source......is a bullshit source.....

10. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,131
    With low unemployment and massive investment we will raise the kind of capital necessary to wipe out the deficit...it will not happen over night but it will happen as long as we keep the dems out of power.....