Reinstate negative ratings

I think it was the "R-Derp Mercy Rule"! The more the poor little guy posted the lower his rep got. He had like 15, 000 posts and a 35 rep. Pretty funny stuff actually...

I think you should be able to neg a neg. Thus rendering a positive.

Might generate a spark though.

It's more difficult to acquire positive ratings; any stupid, old kunt can hand out a negative and they don't even have to understand what you have written.

Positive and negative ratings don't mean much. Perhaps they have entertainment value. Positive ratings are given for the darnest things, usually cute one liners. A neg some members is a badge of honor.

Since the forum has become primarily a subsidiary of The Democrat National Committee it hath come to pass that nobody's feelies may be hurt. Accordingly, only accolades or things that can be imagined to be such, are permitted.

Remember, offended, butt-hurt posters tend to tuck tail and hie themselves off to more friendly forums.

Say, where in Hell IS Jammie-Jake this fine evening?

Why are negative ratings disabled? Would it be too much to ask if negative ratings could be restored for all posts forum wide? Please?

It was a software issue - when we got the new software, the rating system didn't play nice with it.

Why are negative ratings disabled? Would it be too much to ask if negative ratings could be restored for all posts forum wide? Please?

It was a software issue - when we got the new software, the rating system didn't play nice with it.

Oh I see.

I don't know if there are new systems that would work with it or not...but if we brought it back, I'd want to make one major change - at the end of the year, it all zeros out...that way newbies don't end up crapped on by rep-heavy despots :)

Oh I see.

I don't know if there are new systems that would work with it or not...but if we brought it back, I'd want to make one major change - at the end of the year, it all zeros out...that way newbies don't end up crapped on by rep-heavy despots :)
Makes sense.

Oh I see.

That negates the whole entertainment value of the neg.

I think it was the "R-Derp Mercy Rule"! The more the poor little guy posted the lower his rep got. He had like 15, 000 posts and a 35 rep. Pretty funny stuff actually...

The rep. wars were fun and I do recall when I started posting on the USMB it took me at least 6 months just to get back to zero.

The problem with the rep system was that rep. groups developed (groups that reped each other daily) and bullied other members with an opposing point of view. Many great members and potential great members simply moved on from the unfairness. Also, It was just too much work for the mods. is my I guess.

Last edited:
Perhaps a self-flagellation button could be offered for those who miss receiving negative accolades.

Forum List

Back