Reconciliation...

Just do it!
The Republican Party's leadership has shown complete disdain for the will of the people for change, and continues to thwart efforts by the Democrats in Congress to provide universal healthcare to all Americans.
Hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent to wage war on terror, a freaking noun, without a peep from the chicken hawks as to its cost in blood and treasure.
Yet today the same fiscal neophytes on the right claim Obama&Co are breaking the bank by working towards the reform of how we pay for healhcare.
Worse, the Palin/Gingrich fringe run around doing the Henny Penny Polka, stirring up anger with divisive rhetoric and laying the blame on Democrats who were elected to fix the myriad of problems our nation faces today.

Except, of course, the WILL of the PEOPLE is clear. We don't WANT the bullshit which President Obama and Speaker Pelousy and "Leader" Reid are trying to peddle. See, for example: Health Care Reform - Rasmussen Reports

Accordingly, putting Fly Catcher's deliberate lie to the side, the reality is that it is the liberal Democratics who are the ones who are busy demonstrating complete
disdain for the will of the people!

"We"? Don't speak for me, or the majority of voters who elected Democrats in 2006 and 2008 to majority status. Simply because the Henny Penny Polka works on the willfully ignorant and stupid; those refered to by Lincoln as "Some of the people fooled all of the time". The same hate and fear rhetoric works everytime on fools such as you.

Clueless, as usual.

:lol:

Bullshit, Krunchy...

Although he exaggerates, the Democratics will not gain popularity with anyone other than their already 100% committed hack base (like you, hack)..

Ponder that, KluelessKrunchyFrog....

I've pondered it a lot, Boones Farm. I see the possibity of this legislation as not being near as unpopular with the public as Repubs want to make it out to be and whatever damage they might take from it in November not being near as much as if it failed entirely.
That's exactly what a party firster would believe... Kudos...

I also see a lot of fear on the part of the minority of this finally getting passed and signed, which further indicates that getting this thing through isn't the political loser for the Dems it's being made out to be not just by the GOP, but in our so-called Liberal Media™, too.
Your problem is the "why" the minority fears the legislation... Your hackism won't allow you to grasp that a.) we can't afford your Cadillac plan on a Hundai budget, and b.) the political repercussions of passage of such a widely unpopular bill via reconciliation (which anyone with >2 brain cells can comprehend)... Have you noticed that it's only the democrat party faithful clamoring for passage of the bill? No, of course you wouldn't...

I do indeed have a clue, and I like what it's telling me.
No, you remain clueless and blinded by your leftist stupidity, Krunchy...

It's fascinating how the right has suddenly decided that sticking your finger in the wind and doing whatever the polls say is a good thing.

What were all those attacks on Clinton about, for allegedly doing exactly that?

Other than the obvious answer, i.e., just more phoney bullshit from conservatives.

With clowns like Eric Cantor and Lamar Alexander on the Sunday shows claiming how suicidal this would be for the Democrats, it shouldn't be hard to figure out that reconciliation is a good idea.

It's fascinating how the right has suddenly decided that sticking your finger in the wind and doing whatever the polls say is a good thing.

What were all those attacks on Clinton about, for allegedly doing exactly that?

Other than the obvious answer, i.e., just more phoney bullshit from conservatives.

Curious....when was the last time polls were ignored by the right as it pertained to an initiative that would affect 17% of our economy?

Jeez...wake up and stop the partisan crap.....17% of the economy and a streong majority of Americans are against the current proposal.

SO you are OK with just pushing it through anyway?

Why? DO you ALSO believe that the American people are too naive to realize how good the plan is?

With clowns like Eric Cantor and Lamar Alexander on the Sunday shows claiming how suicidal this would be for the Democrats, it shouldn't be hard to figure out that reconciliation is a good idea.

Seems you left out one other fool who said...and I paraphrase...

"democrats should vote for this plan even if it means they are voted out"

And yes...it was Pelosi who said it...

So even SHE knows the consituants dont want it......so what is the problem with starting over?

I strongly suggest the Democratics go nuke...

Watching them explain the reasons why passing such an unpopular bill paid for with money we don't have in November will be priceless...:lol:

Just Do It!

Unlike some conservatives here, i personally hope they don't pass this using reconciliation. I don't think there's any doubt that if they do, it'll end up being a complete and total victory for republicans in 2010, but the bill will be passed, which is the real damage. I personally don't want to be additionally taxed for 4 years without anything to show for it. Lest we forget that the republicans' resume basically consists of not being quite as left as the current congress.

The mere threat or idea of using reconciliation is enough to resonate with Americans in 2010. Ideally, we'll see no passage of the bill and a major republican victory in 2010, once again, if only to get some slightly less left-leaning reps in there.

Just do it!
The Republican Party's leadership has shown complete disdain for the will of the people for change, and continues to thwart efforts by the Democrats in Congress to provide universal healthcare to all Americans.
Hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent to wage war on terror, a freaking noun, without a peep from the chicken hawks as to its cost in blood and treasure.
Yet today the same fiscal neophytes on the right claim Obama&Co are breaking the bank by working towards the reform of how we pay for healhcare.
Worse, the Palin/Gingrich fringe run around doing the Henny Penny Polka, stirring up anger with divisive rhetoric and laying the blame on Democrats who were elected to fix the myriad of problems our nation faces today.

Except, of course, the WILL of the PEOPLE is clear. We don't WANT the bullshit which President Obama and Speaker Pelousy and "Leader" Reid are trying to peddle. See, for example: Health Care Reform - Rasmussen Reports

Accordingly, putting Fly Catcher's deliberate lie to the side, the reality is that it is the liberal Democratics who are the ones who are busy demonstrating complete
disdain for the will of the people!

"We"? Don't speak for me, or the majority of voters who elected Democrats in 2006 and 2008 to majority status. Simply because the Henny Penny Polka works on the willfully ignorant and stupid; those refered to by Lincoln as "Some of the people fooled all of the time". The same hate and fear rhetoric works everytime on fools such as you.

I was speaking of the MAJORITY of US, you bombastic retard.

I wouldn't speak for you. I don't speak shit.

Too bad you are too fucking retarded to grasp simple concepts.

You do realize that it was, and always will be, the independents that decided the election. Don't think that everyone that voted for Obama is a progressive. If they were, then Obama's approval numbers and every poll about health care and the like wouldn't have moved one bit.

Last edited:
Simply a misuse of the reconciliation process. For the most part it is used to take two relatively similiar bills and save time by making slight modifications to one bill. This hardly qualifies as a small modification. Further, Pelosi acts like she is doing this for our benefit.

Personally, I don't think they can muster enough votes in the House. Our asshole President just spent a day in political theater (he said it wasn't, liar), so he could claim reconciliation was the only way to do this. The public will see it for what it is, a power play with us as the losers.

Is there some rulebook somewhere for how the reconciliation process is supposed to be used?

And of course it was political theater, because it's pretty fuckin' obvious (and it's been for some time) that the opposition is gonna oppose no matter what happens because they don't want HC reform to succeed at all, especially not under this POTUS.

This is why reconciliation is indeed necessary.

P.S. I'm back from vacation. so I'm extra pissed at the liberals.

<giving you the "smallest violin" gesture>

You do realize that it was, and always will be, the independents that decided the election. Don't think that everyone that voted for Obama is a progressive. If they were, then Obama's approval numbers and every poll about health care and the like wouldn't have moved one bit.

Careful....people on this board get very agitated when logic and facts are presented during a debate.

Yes, Obama was talking about the nuclear option, not reconciliation...no matter how much California Girl spins and calls people traitors.

The nuclear option is the reconciliation vote. If you try to vote in HC with only 51 votes and bypass a legitimate filibuster, we will nuke you in November. The filibuster is a check against the tyrannical majority.

Your problem is the "why" the minority fears the legislation...

Because they know if it passes it'll upset their applecart even more in the long run, no matter how much political hay they make out of it in the short run.

Your hackism won't allow you to grasp that a.) we can't afford your Cadillac plan on a Hundai budget, and b.) the political repercussions of passage of such a widely unpopular bill via reconciliation (which anyone with >2 brain cells can comprehend)... Have you noticed that it's only the democrat party faithful clamoring for passage of the bill? No, of course you wouldn't...

<snip>
No, you remain clueless and blinded by your leftist stupidity, Krunchy...

The nastier you get, the more I know it's getting under your skin.

I'm gonna take the chance that this is a worthwhile longterm investment and keep rooting for it, thank you.

:D

Just as the Contract with America made the Congressional elections in 1994 a national referendum on the Democrats, so shall the Repeal It! campaign of 2010. The only sad thing is that Newt won't be the Speaker of the House when the Republicans replace Comrade Pelosi.

Name one major social program that was passed by reconciliation.

Change like this should have the support of the public and both houses.

Bush's tax cuts; welfare for the rich.

That is a big fail on your end, wry. That was a budget move, not a legislative move.
Those tax cuts were no more than chump change compared to the legislative amount that may be passed.

Just a side note, Bush's tax cuts benefited you, and me....and I know you wouldn't consider yourself rich, as I don't consider myself rich either.

Forum List

Back