Recent Study - Katrina crime wave - never happened

You want answers...go interview him yourself...I presented an article that shot your story full of holes.

Doesn't say. I guess he's not a good counter or didn't have an official report of the numbers.

I've only seen evidence so far that one actual particular helicopter was shot at. If you've got any hard evidence of any others, I'm all ears. If its OK with you, I'd prefer not the spread rumors in the meantime.

I agree......thanks for that admission. In the mean time I will take the Captain at his word..which at this point is unimpeachable. Besides...he's NOT authorized to disclose information at the drop of a hat...all topics he discusses IN PUBLIC are cleared by his ISIC and PAO. If you knew about how the military worked you would have known this. He was authorized to say "there were aircraft shot at" and that's it. Whether that implies multiple aircraft or a single aircraft is left up to the reader.

You want answers...go interview him yourself...I presented an article that shot your story full of holes.

Doesn't say. I guess he's not a good counter or didn't have an official report of the numbers.

I've only seen evidence so far that one actual particular helicopter was shot at. If you've got any hard evidence of any others, I'm all ears. If its OK with you, I'd prefer not the spread rumors in the meantime.

I agree......thanks for that admission. In the mean time I will take the Captain at his word..which at this point is unimpeachable. Besides...he's NOT authorized to disclose information at the drop of a hat...all topics he discusses IN PUBLIC are cleared by his ISIC and PAO. If you knew about how the military worked you would have known this. He was authorized to say "there were aircraft shot at" and that's it. Whether that implies multiple aircraft or a single aircraft is left up to the reader.

So how many helicopters were shot at?

Oh really....it's kinda difficult to rob, steal and sell drugs when the city is under water...knida puts a dent in the customer base....and it's also quite difficult for the crime rate to go up after the hurricane when all the residents were bused a thousand miles away. Blacks and whites were looting...blacks and whites were shooting people and at the helicopters....there is no denying facts.

How many helicopters got shot at?

You tell me....
Captain Jones:..... We did hear the reports throughout the week of gunfire, which we never were able to find out if they were true or not. Now seven weeks after the fact we know that some of those reports were true. There were shots fired at aircraft although we don’t know if any were fired at Coast Guard aircraft. We do know there had been arrests made for firing at aircraft but we don’t know who did the firing or why....
Katrina Oral History: Captain Bruce Jones, USCG

I'll see the Captain and raise a Major....

"For military officials, who flew rescue missions around the city, the reports that people were shooting at helicopters turned out to be mistaken. "We investigated one incident and it turned out to have been shooting on the ground, not at the helicopter," said Maj. Mike Young of the Air Force..."
Http://www.katrinacoverage.com/2005...oting-crime-nopd-shots-at-rescue-workers.html

You're a stickshit because you will ignore it.

Here's the context: this is the Wal Mart on Tchoupitoulas Street. Immediately behind the back of the people and at the end of the parking lot is the River. This is high ground and it never flooded.

I have my doubts that the people leaving with TVs and footballs are going to eat them.

They looted the store.

It's not a big secret that this occurred. It's not a big secret that a forklift was commandeered to break into the Right Aide on St. Charles Street. While there was some food in there, there were also a lot of drugs.

That doesn't mean the majority of people stuck in NOLA were doing the wrong thing, but these people certainly were.

I mean, I am a liberal and you can't really deny what is going on here.

I am just glad Wal Mart didn't say "fuck it" and decided to come back in the wake of Katrina. This is a part of town that needed the revitalization.

The problem is a lack of balance and simple intellectual honesty. It's absurd to say there was no crime just as it is ridiculous to ignore the Houston PD's report on crime stats showed overall crime was the lowest from 06-08 out of a 29 year period. If the horrible refugees were as bad as many have tried to make them out to be there is no way in jenyeliza the overall crime rates could have remained at historic lows during and for two years after the hurricane.

Oh really....it's kinda difficult to rob, steal and sell drugs when the city is under water...knida puts a dent in the customer base....and it's also quite difficult for the crime rate to go up after the hurricane when all the residents were bused a thousand miles away. Blacks and whites were looting...blacks and whites were shooting people and at the helicopters....there is no denying facts.

You're quite the dumb juju fruit. Houston is where the refugees went. It's not where the hurricane hit. People claimed refugees caused Houston's crime rate to skyrocket. The Houston PD's own numbers contradict that claim.

Sorry ...I'll take the word of the U.S. Coast Guard over your hack website any day. A USCG pilot who flew missions over the city has more credibility than a rear echelon type...Reason Magazine has NO credibility....and notice they don't give the dates those Army and Air Force personnel made those statements.

You've been duped again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus...I knew you would use that website ... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha That's why I prefer facts as said by military websites.

You didn't provide any facts dumbass. The Captain repeated a rumor and you are claiming it is true based solely on the fallacy of appeal to authority. I posted the quote from the Major to show your hypocrisy. You will ignore what a higher ranking officer stated because his statement contradicts your agenda you racist fuck.

The problem is a lack of balance and simple intellectual honesty. It's absurd to say there was no crime just as it is ridiculous to ignore the Houston PD's report on crime stats showed overall crime was the lowest from 06-08 out of a 29 year period. If the horrible refugees were as bad as many have tried to make them out to be there is no way in jenyeliza the overall crime rates could have remained at historic lows during and for two years after the hurricane.

You're quite the dumb juju fruit. Houston is where the refugees went. It's not where the hurricane hit. People claimed refugees caused Houston's crime rate to skyrocket. The Houston PD's own numbers contradict that claim.

Hoiuston's crime rate did in fact go up. The damn article spider idiot provided states that there was a moderate murder increase in Houston.

“What we found in Houston was there appears to be an increase in some categories of crime, in particular murder and robbery, during the Katrina time period when the evacuees came to Houston. There was no significant change in rape, aggravated assault, burglary or auto theft,“

So an increase in some catagories but no significant change in others means there was no crime increase? You and whoever done this study are fucking idiots. Even the title of the article, doesn't say with certainty that there was no increase in crime.

• December 29: A gun battle at a run-down motel ended with one young New Orleans evacuee dead, with a bullet in the head.
  • December 19: A New Orleans evacuee was found shot to death in an apartment.
  • December 5: A New Orleans evacuee was shot to death near his car.
  • November 20: A New Orleans evacuee shot a fellow evacuee to death at a pool hall.
  • November 1: A New Orleans evacuee was stabbed to death by a Texan who, police have determined, was defending himself from an attempted carjacking at the hands of the evacuee.

Houston had 336 homicides in 2005. The last two, which bloodied the earliest hours of New Year’s Eve, weren’t interesting, except for two facts: Both gunshot victims—Keith Hayes, 19, and Calvin Clay, 23—were former New Orleans residents, evacuees of Hurricane Katrina. And both men allegedly died at the hands of a third Big Easy evacuee, who remains at large.

This city of nearly 2 million has experienced a marked uptick in its homicide rate since more than 100,000 of New Orleans’s displaced residents flocked into town in late August and early September. While Houston’s murder rate is up 23 percent for all of 2005, it spiked 70 percent in November and December compared to last year’s levels. At least 35 percent of Houston’s December increase in homicides—five of 14 over last year’s level—directly stemmed from the presence of Katrina evacuees.

Hoiuston's crime rate did in fact go up. The damn article spider idiot provided states that there was a moderate murder increase in Houston.

“What we found in Houston was there appears to be an increase in some categories of crime, in particular murder and robbery, during the Katrina time period when the evacuees came to Houston. There was no significant change in rape, aggravated assault, burglary or auto theft,“

So an increase in some catagories but no significant change in others means there was no crime increase? You and whoever done this study are fucking idiots. Even the title of the article, doesn't say with certainty that there was no increase in crime.

• December 29: A gun battle at a run-down motel ended with one young New Orleans evacuee dead, with a bullet in the head.
  • November 20: A New Orleans evacuee shot a fellow evacuee to death at a pool hall.
  • November 1: A New Orleans evacuee was stabbed to death by a Texan who, police have determined, was defending himself from an attempted carjacking at the hands of the evacuee.

Houston had 336 homicides in 2005. The last two, which bloodied the earliest hours of New Year’s Eve, weren’t interesting, except for two facts: Both gunshot victims—Keith Hayes, 19, and Calvin Clay, 23—were former New Orleans residents, evacuees of Hurricane Katrina. And both men allegedly died at the hands of a third Big Easy evacuee, who remains at large.

This city of nearly 2 million has experienced a marked uptick in its homicide rate since more than 100,000 of New Orleans’s displaced residents flocked into town in late August and early September. While Houston’s murder rate is up 23 percent for all of 2005, it spiked 70 percent in November and December compared to last year’s levels. At least 35 percent of Houston’s December increase in homicides—five of 14 over last year’s level—directly stemmed from the presence of Katrina evacuees.

It looks like you are completely clueless on what "crime rates" mean. The link I posted even explained how crime rates are calculated. What's even funnier? Has your dumbass ever investigated who was arrested for murder? Do you think all the murders were committed strictly by non-Houstonians? Your idiocy is boring.

How many helicopters got shot at?

You tell me....
Captain Jones:..... We did hear the reports throughout the week of gunfire, which we never were able to find out if they were true or not. Now seven weeks after the fact we know that some of those reports were true. There were shots fired at aircraft although we don’t know if any were fired at Coast Guard aircraft. We do know there had been arrests made for firing at aircraft but we don’t know who did the firing or why....
Katrina Oral History: Captain Bruce Jones, USCG

"For military officials, who flew rescue missions around the city, the reports that people were shooting at helicopters turned out to be mistaken. "We investigated one incident and it turned out to have been shooting on the ground, not at the helicopter," said Maj. Mike Young of the Air Force..."
Http://www.katrinacoverage.com/2005...oting-crime-nopd-shots-at-rescue-workers.html

FYI .... a coast guard captain outranks an air force major....

lmao....that is called a "study"

give me a minute and i'll produce a study that says the opposite

My family has a study to give you....it's called REAL EXPERIENCE. Anyone interested?

Anecdotal testimony is not proof. Give me some stats. People get afraid of overblown fears all the time why should I believe you are any different?

I was living in Baton Rouge at the time Katrina hit. I can remember the mayor closed down the city government because of fears of mass gangs of looters and rioters roving the city. I supposed he was just being cautious, nothing wrong with that, but by the time it was over, there was a single carjacking downtown by the centroplex shelter, and that's it.

Sorry ...I'll take the word of the U.S. Coast Guard over your hack website any day. A USCG pilot who flew missions over the city has more credibility than a rear echelon type...Reason Magazine has NO credibility....and notice they don't give the dates those Army and Air Force personnel made those statements.

Plus...I knew you would use that website ... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha That's why I prefer facts as said by military websites.

You didn't provide any facts dumbass. The Captain repeated a rumor and you are claiming it is true based solely on the fallacy of appeal to authority. I posted the quote from the Major to show your hypocrisy. You will ignore what a higher ranking officer stated because his statement contradicts your agenda you racist fuck.

Prove the Captain repeated a rumor you ignorant bitch.

FYI the Coastie said in his interview that several weeks later it was learned that aircraft were shot at and arrested for it.

How many helicopters were shot at?

FYI the Coastie said in his interview that several weeks later it was learned that aircraft were shot at and arrested for it.

Why would they arrest the aircraft? Doesn't seem practical or fair!

You should put "an" in front of "aircraft", to indicate the singular, since it was only one incident. And use "was" instead of "were"

Last edited:

How many helicopters were shot at?

Is a helicopter an aircraft?

It looks like you are completely clueless on what "crime rates" mean.

Murder and robbery are not crimes now right ignorant bitch? You stupidity is entertaining.

Forum List

Back