Recent Study - Katrina crime wave - never happened

A huge crime wave blamed on thousands of Katrina evacuees in Houston and other Southwest cities never happened, say criminologists who warned public officials and the media to be careful in attributing crime to the former New Orleans residents.
Study: Katrina crime wave nonexistent in Houston | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Please refrain from refuting what Rush Limbaugh claims

It confuses the Rightwing Conservatives

:lol::lol::lol::lol:yes, of course not,, and the cadillac, and wal mart lootings were never shown on tv either.. city is underwater, perfect fucking time to steal me a cadillac. :lol::lol::lol:

• Banned
And the mass rapes and roving gangs never happened in the SuperDome....but don't tell the rumormongers that.

4 people died of natural causes. No one was murdered.

FOX News and the rest of the media just wanted people to have a good excuse for not caring about a bunch of black people.

• Banned
:lol::lol::lol::lol:yes, of course not,, and the cadillac, and wal mart lootings were never shown on tv either.. city is underwater, perfect fucking time to steal me a cadillac. :lol::lol::lol:

The looting of items not needed for survival was also a gross exaggeration.

Some notable journalistic exceptions, such as ABC’s World News Tonight (9/2/05), did accurately depict the actions of New Orleans residents as desperate attempts to procure food, water and clothing in the absence of federal and local aid. Most mainstream media accounts, however, exaggerated and mischaracterized “looting,” conflating a legally justifiable search for necessities with wanton violence, and giving their new creation of “looting and violence” a prominent role in reports on the dangers of the disaster.

Demonizing the Victims of Katrina

They just got in and drove away. Who was there to stop them?

car175.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3PaTfI8TB8[/ame]

I did it again. I ended another thread with facts. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have family just north of Houston and that Houston Chron bullshit is a white-wash and a lie.

The crime wave MOST CERTAINLY DID happen, and it especially spilled over into the middle schools and high schools of Houston.

What a bunch a bullshit. I can't believe (oh wait....yes I can, it's the Chron) they would try to pass that off as the "truth". :rolleyes:

Anyone remember the NOPD officers that were caught stealing cars from a NO dealership?

I do.

They don't have jobs anymore. Unless you count making license plates a job.

:rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

lmao....that is called a "study"

give me a minute and i'll produce a study that says the opposite

No, its a media report about a study. The actual study is in Volume 38 of "Journal of Criminal Justice"

shhhhh, they don't know what "study" means. They think it comes from the word, "stud".

Quoting studies sounds like elitism to me

The only facts we need are what FoxNews tells us about Katrina

I have family just north of Houston and that Houston Chron bullshit is a white-wash and a lie.

The crime wave MOST CERTAINLY DID happen, and it especially spilled over into the middle schools and high schools of Houston.

What a bunch a bullshit. I can't believe (oh wait....yes I can, it's the Chron) they would try to pass that off as the "truth". :rolleyes:

Well that proves it. Spilled over into the 7th grade.

looting.jpg

Well that proves it. Spilled over into the 7th grade.

looting.jpg

I see you live in CHICAGO. That settles it! You know more about this than my family IN HOUSTON!

I think I'll take their word and personal experiences over yours.

Dumbass! :rolleyes:

Yeah....all the looting we watched on tv never happened.....

Its amazing that you can tell the peckerheads they didn't see what they saw and they will just agree and sip the Koolade like they always do....their reality is whatever they are told.

New Topics

Forum List

Back