Rural America Reels From Violent Crime.....Wall Of Text Warning

Crime has come to Rural & Ultra Rural Areas big time ( You have to have trail cameras and someone armed on premises if you go to town or to a Bronco Game )

I don't see it in my AO either but I do see the increase in property crime in the area.

I was considering a move to N.W. Ohio as the home/land prices were very attractive. Then I checked the property crime stats and they were through the roof. I watched the on-line papers from the area and there was a lot more crime in general than in my AO in areas with less than 1/3 the population.

You say shit like that does not happen in WV....Well it's the only place I've ever heard of where a guy woke up one morning and his house was all cold and could not figure why because he had stoked his outside wood furnace.....The meth-heads had stole it during the night. So in WV they will even steal a hot stove.

A friend bought a place near Romney, WV to take his camper, had him a pad poured and installed a electric hook-up, a leech-type septic tank, and a well.....It looked really nice.

The next time he went there the meth-heads had stole the well pump/wiring, his panel box and wiring, Some treated lumber, and even stole the 12" X 12" pavers he had put down. Fuck WV.
Horrible stories but you're not facing up to the cause of the problem either. There's a reason why so many people turn to drugs and then to crime to support their habit. Trump was going to do something about that so maybe he still will?

Horrible stories but you're not facing up to the cause of the problem either. There's a reason why so many people turn to drugs and then to crime to support their habit. Trump was going to do something about that so maybe he still will?
Build back better Prisons

Crime here has increased substantially over the last decade... mostly drug related. Quite a bit more shoplifting. You don't leave the riding mower or ladders or wheelbarrows unsecured anymore.

But... the drivers side lock on the pickup hasn't worked in a decade and there has been change in the console every night that has never been touched.

Had our first homicide in years this year. Drugs they think.

Fentanyl and heroin and oxycodone and the old standby... methamphetamines...are at the root of our problems I believe. Folks get so messed up they can't work...but still need drugs... so they steal to get a fix.

The date of the reports was the year 2020. This was the beginning of a massive increase in rural area murders.

Massive increase?

From the article:

"Homicide rates in rural America rose 25% in 2020, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It was the largest rural increase since the agency began tracking such data in 1999. The CDC considers counties rural if they are located outside metropolitan areas defined by the federal government.
The rise came close to the 30% spike in homicide rates in metropolitan areas in 2020. . . . "​

If a rural county had 4 murders in 2019 and experienced a 25% increase, what is the number of murders for 2020?

If a city had 400 murders in 2019 and experienced a 30% increase, what's the number of murders for 2020?

Last edited:
Why is CDC tracking the murder rate? That's FBI's job.

CDC has more precise murder stats than the FBI.

CDC takes their info from death certificates which every agency that records in every jurisdiction is mandated to file with the CDC.

The FBI uses a voluntary reporting system that is not at all accurate; it is really only useful for tracking trends over time.

CDC has more precise murder stats than the FBI.

CDC takes their info from death certificates which every agency that records in every jurisdiction is mandated to file with the CDC.

The FBI uses a voluntary reporting system that is not at all accurate; it is really only useful for tracking trends over time.
And just as dishonest.

Stop lying.

The literal first post. The wall of text. It outlines the crime increases that were happening in 2020. Now. I know as an avid Trump supporter that anything you don’t like is fake news. But the truth is literally the first post here.

The literal first post. The wall of text. It outlines the crime increases that were happening in 2020. Now. I know as an avid Trump supporter that anything you don’t like is fake news. But the truth is literally the first post here.
You have never told the truth.

You have never told the truth.
Here is a quick screen shot of the first post on this thread. Prove me wrong.

D443E2B2-71A6-484C-BD5F-424C4BD145A1.jpeg

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it isn’t true.

I keep telling you commies but you don't listen. You don't accept proof.

Telling? Ok. The earth is flat. I’ve told you. So does that make it true? No. It is still false.

The thread is covering an increase in rural crime during the year 2020. You want to blame Biden. Which is a neat trick since he wasn’t elected until November.

Instead of doing something smart. No. Never mind. I don’t know why I went down that path. You are incapable.

Telling? Ok. The earth is flat. I’ve told you. So does that make it true? No. It is still false.

The thread is covering an increase in rural crime during the year 2020. You want to blame Biden. Which is a neat trick since he wasn’t elected until November.

Instead of doing something smart. No. Never mind. I don’t know why I went down that path. You are incapable.
Commie Nevers what anyone is talking about he says. Just like all left liars.

Forum List

Back