Recent Study - Katrina crime wave - never happened

Sorry ...I'll take the word of the U.S. Coast Guard over your hack website any day. A USCG pilot who flew missions over the city has more credibility than a rear echelon type...Reason Magazine has NO credibility....and notice they don't give the dates those Army and Air Force personnel made those statements.

You've been duped again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus...I knew you would use that website ... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha That's why I prefer facts as said by military websites.

But he doesn't know either. He is repeating second hand information.

That's called "an urban legend".

Wrong. Read the link.

Oh, and saying that this information would be classified is absurd.

Who said that?

No one. But I was referring to this post by you:

I agree......thanks for that admission. In the mean time I will take the Captain at his word..which at this point is unimpeachable. Besides...he's NOT authorized to disclose information at the drop of a hat...all topics he discusses IN PUBLIC are cleared by his ISIC and PAO. If you knew about how the military worked you would have known this. He was authorized to say "there were aircraft shot at" and that's it. Whether that implies multiple aircraft or a single aircraft is left up to the reader.

I think it's a little absurd to hide behind the "PAO" excuse. Did they clear him to say "well, it didn't happen to me, but I heard that it happened to a guy I know."

You display the maturity of a 15 year old...certainly NOT a Doctoral candidate...if those bozo's accepted you into a Doctoral program with your level of intelligence and then don't realize your sitting at your desk fucking off on University time...then I see no need to further elaborate on my opinion...you made my case for me. Good luck with your bottom tier education and remember...the world needs stupid Doctors too. The left needs someone to blame stuff on.

This is my time right now. I set my own hours. The best work comes between 1 am and 5 am. And in spurts. Which is why sometimes you won't see me here for months.

LSU is a tier 1 institution dildohead
Louisiana State University--Baton Rouge - Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report

Louisiana State University's physics department is 77th in the nation. Hardly bottom tier.

Post a link to your peer reviewed master's thesis or shut the fuck up. You want to brag about being a doctoral candidate then back your allegations up.

Oh, and saying that this information would be classified is absurd.

Who said that?

I agree......thanks for that admission. In the mean time I will take the Captain at his word..which at this point is unimpeachable. Besides...he's NOT authorized to disclose information at the drop of a hat...all topics he discusses IN PUBLIC are cleared by his ISIC and PAO. If you knew about how the military worked you would have known this. He was authorized to say "there were aircraft shot at" and that's it. Whether that implies multiple aircraft or a single aircraft is left up to the reader.

I think it's a little absurd to hide behind the "PAO" excuse. Did they clear him to say "well, it didn't happen to me, but I heard that it happened to a guy I know."

and you claim to be an Army Officer? You know goddam good and well what your allowed to talk about and what your not.

You display the maturity of a 15 year old...certainly NOT a Doctoral candidate...if those bozo's accepted you into a Doctoral program with your level of intelligence and then don't realize your sitting at your desk fucking off on University time...then I see no need to further elaborate on my opinion...you made my case for me. Good luck with your bottom tier education and remember...the world needs stupid Doctors too. The left needs someone to blame stuff on.

This is my time right now. I set my own hours. The best work comes between 1 am and 5 am. And in spurts. Which is why sometimes you won't see me here for months.

Louisiana State University--Baton Rouge - Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report

Louisiana State University's physics department is 77th in the nation. Hardly bottom tier.

Post a link to your peer reviewed master's thesis or shut the fuck up. You want to brag about being a doctoral candidate then back your allegations up.

I didn't do a masters.

Who said that?

and you claim to be an Army Officer? You know goddam good and well what your allowed to talk about and what your not.

How many helicopters are known to have been shot at?

I didn't do a masters.

Well...aren't you special...and that does explain your level of immaturity. Glad to see you have so much time on your hands to bullshit everyone about all of your educational accomplishments yet can't produce a single thing to back up what you say. Thanks for playing.

I didn't do a masters.

Well...aren't you special...and that does explain your level of immaturity. Glad to see you have so much time on your hands to bullshit everyone about all of your educational accomplishments yet can't produce a single thing to back up what you say. Thanks for playing.

Would you like to see my general exam paper instead? It qualifies me for a masters, all I have to do is pay the graduation fee, which I would do if I failed to complete the PhD.

I'm sure in your statement of purpose you told the admissions folks how much you liked posting on USMB all day....

I make my own hours, for the most part. 20 hours one week 80 hours another. Sorry you hate me for it. I disappear for weeks or months at a time from USMB, but I guess you wouldn't notice because one often does not note lack of evidence of something.

I'm sure in your statement of purpose you told the admissions folks how much you liked posting on USMB all day....

What does any of this have to do with the fact you have not produced a single fact supporting your claim about helicopters? Give us a link showing at least 3 people were arrested for firing at aircraft or lube up another pineapple horse saddle and hit the happy trails. Again. Jamesrwright3.

Just a little story to add

One of my colleagues regularly has to make trips to Dallas and prefers to say in a Marriot resplendence facilities for her extended stays. She had done this for many years without any problems. After Katrina the place was flooded with "refugees" from NO.

Her room was robbed. All of her belongings were taken. Clothes, laptop, everything right down to her tooth brush. The very apologetic manager could only offer "I am sorry, but since we took in the Katrina evacuees all of our rooms have been robbed."

I have read your OP link. You miss understand the point of the article. What is being said is that there is no long term criminal problems due to the evacuees.

They are very up front that there was a crime problem attributed to the "evacuees" upon arrival to their new "temporary" homes. These are quotes from the OP link.

“What we found in Houston was there appears to be an increase in some categories of crime, in particular murder and robbery, during the Katrina time period when the evacuees came to Houston."

“We did have an initial spike, but then things did settle down when we got a handle on it,” said Andy Kahan, Houston's crime victims advocate."

"The study examined weekly crime reports in the three cities from January 2004 to September 2006, and found there were increases in certain categories of crime after the storm."

Could the leveling our of crime be that many of them have gone home or moved? Been arrested? Or that the local criminals took care of the problem themselves?

There is no denying that the crime rates in many places jumped due to the influx of Katrina "evacuees."

One of my colleagues regularly has to make trips to Dallas and prefers to say in a Marriot resplendence facilities for her extended stays. She had done this for many years without any problems. After Katrina the place was flooded with "refugees" from NO.

Her room was robbed. All of her belongings were taken. Clothes, laptop, everything right down to her tooth brush. The very apologetic manager could only offer "I am sorry, but since we took in the Katrina evacuees all of our rooms have been robbed."

I have read your OP link. You miss understand the point of the article. What is being said is that there is no long term criminal problems due to the evacuees.

They are very up front that there was a crime problem attributed to the "evacuees" upon arrival to their new "temporary" homes. These are quotes from the OP link.

“What we found in Houston was there appears to be an increase in some categories of crime, in particular murder and robbery, during the Katrina time period when the evacuees came to Houston."

“We did have an initial spike, but then things did settle down when we got a handle on it,” said Andy Kahan, Houston's crime victims advocate."

"The study examined weekly crime reports in the three cities from January 2004 to September 2006, and found there were increases in certain categories of crime after the storm."

Could the leveling our of crime be that many of them have gone home or moved? Been arrested? Or that the local criminals took care of the problem themselves?

There is no denying that the crime rates in many places jumped due to the influx of Katrina "evacuees."

They gave the Katrina evacuees keys to all the rooms in the hotel? I'm sure it couldn't have been a staff member taking advantage of the chaos, not possible, surely the evacuees stole the master key. Your anecdote is certainly groundbreaking.

This is a quote from the actual study, not the article on the study:

Taken together, the “mixed findings” presented here suggested
that Katrina did have some effect on serious crime at least in two of
the three cities examined, but those effects were neither widespread
(across all crime categories), nor pervasive (across the three cities)
This suggested that local circumstances, coupled by the volume of
displaced persons being absorbed by any particular city play a role in
increasing crime,
and that disaster planning and relief efforts should
be cognizant of issues of “over-saturation” in the capacity of receiving
communities to adequately adjust to such disasters.

ST pretty much handled this so I don't have much to add except for I hope this is a wrong first impression. Frankly, it looks like you're a racist sock puppet fresh out of stale rhetoric so you hoped to spice it up by using a different account.

You miss the point of the OP article you racist fuckstick. It clearly is saying the claims of "widespread" crime as a result of refugees was overblown. Btw, your use of ["refugees"] is a fuxxing neon sign of serious problems with intellectual honesty.

Just a little story to add......
Sock-puppetry at it's finest.

That you Jeny Gump?

BTW this:

Would be newsworthy.

So Pony-up, Masked Man.

Last edited:
Anyone who believes the crime indicators went down after Katrina is brain dead.

"The White campaign's numbers, which were generated by the Houston Police Department for the years 1980 through 2008, show that the city ’s 2008 total crime rate -- 6,080 offenses per 100,000 residents -- was the lowest of any of those years. In fact, 2006, 2007 and 2008 had the three lowest total crime rates in the 29 years of data offered by the campaign."
Http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...says-crime-hit-25-year-low-during-his-tenure/

You just accused the Houston PD of being brain dead. Genius.

Well......:eusa_whistle:

Not at all. I am saying the crimes committed had a higher incident rate from NO evacuees than residents. Anyone who doubts that is brain dead.

You want answers...go interview him yourself...I presented an article that shot your story full of holes.

Doesn't say. I guess he's not a good counter or didn't have an official report of the numbers.

I've only seen evidence so far that one actual particular helicopter was shot at. If you've got any hard evidence of any others, I'm all ears. If its OK with you, I'd prefer not the spread rumors in the meantime.

If he is not authorized to discuss, then his comments are questionable. All you have is one helicopter shot at. Do you have more. Yes or no. Any answer other than 'yes' is going to be 'no', obviously.

"The White campaign's numbers, which were generated by the Houston Police Department for the years 1980 through 2008, show that the city ’s 2008 total crime rate -- 6,080 offenses per 100,000 residents -- was the lowest of any of those years. In fact, 2006, 2007 and 2008 had the three lowest total crime rates in the 29 years of data offered by the campaign."
Http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...says-crime-hit-25-year-low-during-his-tenure/

You just accused the Houston PD of being brain dead. Genius.

Well......:eusa_whistle:

Not at all. I am saying the crimes committed had a higher incident rate from NO evacuees than residents. Anyone who doubts that is brain dead.

Houston PD produced the total crime rates for the immediate years of KatGees and they were at historic lows for almost a three decade period. Aside from a half-song semantic dance, you're left without a chair.

Forum List

Back