Recent Study - Katrina crime wave - never happened

Last edited:
Is a helicopter an aircraft?

How many aircraft were shot at?

According to the testimony of Captain Jones, USCG there were "aircraft shot at and arrests were made." Now you have shot down CurveBitch's statement that none were shot at.....and whether it was one or a thousand....the FACT remains that aircraft were shot at.

How many? Give me a number. Do you know what a number is? Certainly when an arrest is made, someone writes it down, right?

According to the testimony of Captain Jones, USCG there were "aircraft shot at and arrests were made." Now you have shot down CurveBitch's statement that none were shot at.....and whether it was one or a thousand....the FACT remains that aircraft were shot at.

How many? Give me a number. Do you know what a number is? Certainly when an arrest is made, someone writes it down, right?

You tell me what the number is....your making the claim the crime remained unchanged in Houston, that turns out to be not true in some cases, you made the claim no aircraft were shot at and then had to recant that after you were proved wrong then by your own admission you now say "well one was shot at." So...you tell us what's going on in the Big Easy there mr. white guilt liberal.

You tell me what the number is

I see evidence of one.

....your making the claim the crime remained unchanged in Houston, that turns out to be not true in some cases, you made the claim no aircraft were shot at and then had to recant that after you were proved wrong then by your own admission you now say "well one was shot at." So...you tell us what's going on in the Big Easy there mr. white guilt liberal.

I didn't make either of those claims. You're retarded.

Sorry ...I'll take the word of the U.S. Coast Guard over your hack website any day. A USCG pilot who flew missions over the city has more credibility than a rear echelon type...Reason Magazine has NO credibility....and notice they don't give the dates those Army and Air Force personnel made those statements.

You've been duped again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus...I knew you would use that website ... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha That's why I prefer facts as said by military websites.

You didn't provide any facts dumbass. The Captain repeated a rumor and you are claiming it is true based solely on the fallacy of appeal to authority. I posted the quote from the Major to show your hypocrisy. You will ignore what a higher ranking officer stated because his statement contradicts your agenda you racist fuck.

Prove the Captain repeated a rumor you ignorant bitch.

It's a rumor by virtue that not a single fact has been produced to support his claim. That's what a rumor is you dumbfuck.

Is a helicopter an aircraft?

I didn't claim no aircraft was shot at you crybaby. I simply played your game of citing a military official to once again reveal your intimate relationship with hypocrisy.

Your whiny use of the neg rep button deserves a response. You claim the Major's testimony is not valid because it doesn't have a date. Well, yes it does you dumbfuck.
Http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/29/national/nationalspecial/29crime.html?pagewanted=all

Why don't you produce facts showing people were arrested for shooting at aircraft? Have you figured out yet the hurricane didn't hit Houston? Lol......you're such a twirp.

According to the testimony of Captain Jones, USCG there were "aircraft shot at and arrests were made."

Sounds kind of vague. How many were shot at? How many arrests made? I stopped my math education at graduate level calculus, so help me out here - certainly an arrest is something that can be counted, right?

Ya...and now you're stupid loser ass sits in your trailer posting on a message board all day trying make a excuses for your liberal white guilt.
You and CurveLight must be from the same neighborhood....there's no way there could be 2 people as stupid as you 2 from different areas of the country. I actually feel sorry for you 2. Such a pathetic way to go through life...so full of pessimism, hatred and white guilt.

and graduate level calculus? What are you today....one time you were a nuclear physicist, the next day it was an astrologer, ...what fantasy is it today....enlighten us. Then get off your fat fucking 12 king cake eating ass and get a job.

Gunny was right...there should be a lame zone for twits like you and threads like this.

and graduate level calculus?
Yes. I took courses as a non-matriculating student in the 4 years between my B.S. and admission to grad school.

What are you today....one time you were a nuclear physicist, the next day it was an astrologer,
I've never claimed to be any of those things. Are you aware that astrology is not a science?
...what fantasy is it today....enlighten us. Then get off your fat fucking 12 king cake eating ass and get a job.
King cakes are only to be eaten after 12th night and before ash Wednesday. Sorry, but tradition is important here, I wouldn't want to buck it.

And I have a job. I get paid a small salary + free tuition to study astrophysics at Louisiana State University.

Gunny was right...there should be a lame zone for twits like you and threads like this.
And since you'd be posting in it responding to this thread, what would that make you?

Last edited:
And I have a job. I get paid a small salary + free tuition to study astrophysics at Louisiana State University

Ahhhh...astro-physics today....must be a really good feeling for you knowing you were accepted into a Master's program ranked near the bottom for academics of all universities in the country. 76% acceptance rate...now that's a real accomplishment!!!!!:lol:

Last edited:
And I have a job. I get paid a small salary + free tuition to study astrophysics at Louisiana State University

Ahhhh...astro-physics today....must be a really good feeling for you knowing you were accepted into a Master's program ranked near the bottom for academics of all universities in the country. 76% acceptance rate...now that's a real accomplishment!!!!!:lol:

Its been astrophysics for about 4 years now, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

And I'm not in the master's program, I'm in the PhD program. I was one of 50 applicants accepted from a pool of 500 for physics - and LSU is in the Top 100 colleges and universities for physics. Its #77 http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...e-schools/top-physics-schools/rankings/page+4 That's not near the bottom.

Don't let facts get in your way, though!

Last edited:

Its been astrophysics for about 4 years now, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

And I'm not in the master's program, I'm in the PhD program. I was one of 50 applicants accepted from a pool of 500 for physics.

Wow...that makes it even worse!!!!

And I'm not in the master's program, I'm in the PhD program. I was one of 50 applicants accepted from a pool of 500 for physics.

Wow...that makes it even worse!!!!

confused. How does it make it worse to have a smaller acceptance rate?

You display the maturity of a 15 year old...certainly NOT a Doctoral candidate...if those bozo's accepted you into a Doctoral program with your level of intelligence and then don't realize your sitting at your desk fucking off on University time...then I see no need to further elaborate on my opinion...you made my case for me. Good luck with your bottom tier education and remember...the world needs stupid Doctors too. The left needs someone to blame stuff on.

You display the maturity of a 15 year old...certainly NOT a Doctoral candidate...if those bozo's accepted you into a Doctoral program with your level of intelligence and then don't realize your sitting at your desk fucking off on University time...then I see no need to further elaborate on my opinion...you made my case for me. Good luck with your bottom tier education and remember...the world needs stupid Doctors too. The left needs someone to blame stuff on.

This is my time right now. I set my own hours. The best work comes between 1 am and 5 am. And in spurts. Which is why sometimes you won't see me here for months.

LSU is a tier 1 institution dildohead
Louisiana State University--Baton Rouge - Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report

Louisiana State University's physics department is 77th in the nation. Hardly bottom tier.

You're quite the dumb juju fruit. Houston is where the refugees went. It's not where the hurricane hit. People claimed refugees caused Houston's crime rate to skyrocket. The Houston PD's own numbers contradict that claim.

Hoiuston's crime rate did in fact go up. The damn article spider idiot provided states that there was a moderate murder increase in Houston.

“What we found in Houston was there appears to be an increase in some categories of crime, in particular murder and robbery, during the Katrina time period when the evacuees came to Houston. There was no significant change in rape, aggravated assault, burglary or auto theft,“

So an increase in some catagories but no significant change in others means there was no crime increase? You and whoever done this study are fucking idiots. Even the title of the article, doesn't say with certainty that there was no increase in crime.

• December 29: A gun battle at a run-down motel ended with one young New Orleans evacuee dead, with a bullet in the head.
  • December 19: A New Orleans evacuee was found shot to death in an apartment.
  • December 5: A New Orleans evacuee was shot to death near his car.
  • November 20: A New Orleans evacuee shot a fellow evacuee to death at a pool hall.
  • November 1: A New Orleans evacuee was stabbed to death by a Texan who, police have determined, was defending himself from an attempted carjacking at the hands of the evacuee.

Houston had 336 homicides in 2005. The last two, which bloodied the earliest hours of New Year’s Eve, weren’t interesting, except for two facts: Both gunshot victims—Keith Hayes, 19, and Calvin Clay, 23—were former New Orleans residents, evacuees of Hurricane Katrina. And both men allegedly died at the hands of a third Big Easy evacuee, who remains at large.

This city of nearly 2 million has experienced a marked uptick in its homicide rate since more than 100,000 of New Orleans’s displaced residents flocked into town in late August and early September. While Houston’s murder rate is up 23 percent for all of 2005, it spiked 70 percent in November and December compared to last year’s levels. At least 35 percent of Houston’s December increase in homicides—five of 14 over last year’s level—directly stemmed from the presence of Katrina evacuees.

It looks like you are completely clueless on what "crime rates" mean. The link I posted even explained how crime rates are calculated. What's even funnier? Has your dumbass ever investigated who was arrested for murder? Do you think all the murders were committed strictly by non-Houstonians? Your idiocy is boring.

"What we found in Houston was there appears to be an increase in some categories of crime, in particular murder and robbery, during the Katrina time period when the evacuees came to Houston"

The study examined weekly crime reports in the three cities from January 2004 to September 2006, and found there were increases in certain categories of crime after the storm.

Your picture has no context so it is useless.

Here's the context: this is the Wal Mart on Tchoupitoulas Street. Immediately behind the back of the people and at the end of the parking lot is the River. This is high ground and it never flooded.

I have my doubts that the people leaving with TVs and footballs are going to eat them.

They looted the store.

It's not a big secret that this occurred. It's not a big secret that a forklift was commandeered to break into the Right Aide on St. Charles Street. While there was some food in there, there were also a lot of drugs.

That doesn't mean the majority of people stuck in NOLA were doing the wrong thing, but these people certainly were.

I mean, I am a liberal and you can't really deny what is going on here.

I am just glad Wal Mart didn't say "fuck it" and decided to come back in the wake of Katrina. This is a part of town that needed the revitalization.

The problem is a lack of balance and simple intellectual honesty. It's absurd to say there was no crime just as it is ridiculous to ignore the Houston PD's report on crime stats showed overall crime was the lowest from 06-08 out of a 29 year period. If the horrible refugees were as bad as many have tried to make them out to be there is no way in jenyeliza the overall crime rates could have remained at historic lows during and for two years after the hurricane.

I agree with that. It's tragic that some people are shitheads that are going to convert on a catastrophy to do the wrong thing, that doesn't mean the majority of people were doing the wrong thing. The people who were begging for water outside the dome and convention center probably weren't making looting runs in between of camera appearances.

The truth is, a lot of the Bush Bots hate New Orleans and New Orleanians because they (for some bizarre reason) blame NOLA for Bush's complete incompetence over handling Katrina. If only we (and I say "we" because I lived there before and after the storm, evacuated) would have sat there and behaved and not made the W. and Brownie look like the incompetent fucking buffoons they were, then we'd be a-okay.

But we didn't. We embarrassed the President and in the minds of a lot of people, the score will never be settled until the city is a landfill.

Last edited:
Hoiuston's crime rate did in fact go up. The damn article spider idiot provided states that there was a moderate murder increase in Houston.

“What we found in Houston was there appears to be an increase in some categories of crime, in particular murder and robbery, during the Katrina time period when the evacuees came to Houston. There was no significant change in rape, aggravated assault, burglary or auto theft,“

So an increase in some catagories but no significant change in others means there was no crime increase? You and whoever done this study are fucking idiots. Even the title of the article, doesn't say with certainty that there was no increase in crime.

• December 29: A gun battle at a run-down motel ended with one young New Orleans evacuee dead, with a bullet in the head.
  • December 19: A New Orleans evacuee was found shot to death in an apartment.
  • December 5: A New Orleans evacuee was shot to death near his car.
  • November 20: A New Orleans evacuee shot a fellow evacuee to death at a pool hall.
  • November 1: A New Orleans evacuee was stabbed to death by a Texan who, police have determined, was defending himself from an attempted carjacking at the hands of the evacuee.

Houston had 336 homicides in 2005. The last two, which bloodied the earliest hours of New Year’s Eve, weren’t interesting, except for two facts: Both gunshot victims—Keith Hayes, 19, and Calvin Clay, 23—were former New Orleans residents, evacuees of Hurricane Katrina. And both men allegedly died at the hands of a third Big Easy evacuee, who remains at large.

This city of nearly 2 million has experienced a marked uptick in its homicide rate since more than 100,000 of New Orleans’s displaced residents flocked into town in late August and early September. While Houston’s murder rate is up 23 percent for all of 2005, it spiked 70 percent in November and December compared to last year’s levels. At least 35 percent of Houston’s December increase in homicides—five of 14 over last year’s level—directly stemmed from the presence of Katrina evacuees.

It looks like you are completely clueless on what "crime rates" mean. The link I posted even explained how crime rates are calculated. What's even funnier? Has your dumbass ever investigated who was arrested for murder? Do you think all the murders were committed strictly by non-Houstonians? Your idiocy is boring.

"What we found in Houston was there appears to be an increase in some categories of crime, in particular murder and robbery, during the Katrina time period when the evacuees came to Houston"

The study examined weekly crime reports in the three cities from January 2004 to September 2006, and found there were increases in certain categories of crime after the storm.

Your idiocy is still boring. None of that addresses nor negates the fact that the Houston PD has recorded historic crime rate lows between 06-09.

Forum List

Back