Recent Study - Katrina crime wave - never happened

37662410.jpg

ya the water here is pretty deep.
Your picture has no context so it is useless.

...but....but... but... they were black!

We all know black people only live to steal and rob and kill. I thought more blacks = more crime, right? Hasn't that been like, scientifically proven by now? I see it all the time on the news, c'mon, it must be true.

This study must just be some biased liberal elite B.S. trying to argue that blacks aren't subhuman and deserved federal aid and help when their city was struck by a natural disaster.

Last edited:

We all know black people only live to steal and rob and kill. I thought more blacks = more crime, right? Hasn't that been like, scientifically proven by now? I see it all the time on the news, c'mon, it must be true.

This study must just be some biased liberal elite B.S. trying to argue that blacks aren't subhuman and deserved federal aid and help when their city was struck by a natural disaster.

Must be.

37662410.jpg

Here's the context: this is the Wal Mart on Tchoupitoulas Street. Immediately behind the back of the people and at the end of the parking lot is the River. This is high ground and it never flooded.

I have my doubts that the people leaving with TVs and footballs are going to eat them.

They looted the store.

It's not a big secret that this occurred. It's not a big secret that a forklift was commandeered to break into the Right Aide on St. Charles Street. While there was some food in there, there were also a lot of drugs.

That doesn't mean the majority of people stuck in NOLA were doing the wrong thing, but these people certainly were.

I mean, I am a liberal and you can't really deny what is going on here.

I am just glad Wal Mart didn't say "fuck it" and decided to come back in the wake of Katrina. This is a part of town that needed the revitalization.

Last edited:
37662410.jpg

Here's the context: this is the Wal Mart on Tchoupitoulas Street. Immediately behind the back of the people and at the end of the parking lot is the River. This is high ground and it never flooded.

I have my doubts that the people leaving with TVs and footballs are going to eat them.

They looted the store.

It's not a big secret that this occurred. It's not a big secret that a forklift was commandeered to break into the Right Aide on St. Charles Street. While there was some food in there, there were also a lot of drugs.

That doesn't mean the majority of people stuck in NOLA were doing the wrong thing, but these people certainly were.

I am just glad Wal Mart didn't say "fuck it" and decided to come back in the wake of Katrina. This is a part of town that needed the revitalization.

The problem is a lack of balance and simple intellectual honesty. It's absurd to say there was no crime just as it is ridiculous to ignore the Houston PD's report on crime stats showed overall crime was the lowest from 06-08 out of a 29 year period. If the horrible refugees were as bad as many have tried to make them out to be there is no way in jenyeliza the overall crime rates could have remained at historic lows during and for two years after the hurricane.

Prolly...did you see that Michael Steele was crying that Obama's SCOTUS nomination was against slavery...wtf?

37662410.jpg

They looted the store.

Yep...just like the fact that a bunch of white people looted in South Florida after Andrew doesn't mean that all white people are looters.

If this is the only example of widespread looting the rightwingloons can come up with then I think they need to examine their souls.

They looted the store.

The problem is a lack of balance and simple intellectual honesty. It's absurd to say there was no crime just as it is ridiculous to ignore the Houston PD's report on crime stats showed overall crime was the lowest from 06-08 out of a 29 year period. If the horrible refugees were as bad as many have tried to make them out to be there is no way in jenyeliza the overall crime rates could have remained at historic lows during and for two years after the hurricane.

Oh really....it's kinda difficult to rob, steal and sell drugs when the city is under water...knida puts a dent in the customer base....and it's also quite difficult for the crime rate to go up after the hurricane when all the residents were bused a thousand miles away. Blacks and whites were looting...blacks and whites were shooting people and at the helicopters....there is no denying facts.

They looted the store.

Oh really....it's kinda difficult to rob, steal and sell drugs when the city is under water...knida puts a dent in the customer base....and it's also quite difficult for the crime rate to go up after the hurricane when all the residents were bused a thousand miles away. Blacks and whites were looting...blacks and whites were shooting people and at the helicopters....there is no denying facts.

How many helicopters got shot at?

How many helicopters got shot at?

You tell me....
Captain Jones:..... We did hear the reports throughout the week of gunfire, which we never were able to find out if they were true or not. Now seven weeks after the fact we know that some of those reports were true. There were shots fired at aircraft although we don’t know if any were fired at Coast Guard aircraft. We do know there had been arrests made for firing at aircraft but we don’t know who did the firing or why....
Katrina Oral History: Captain Bruce Jones, USCG

I present you with a factual interview given by an officer in the USCG and that's all you can come up with?

You're a fucking douche bag liberal full of white guilt. Why don't you just run along now...go play in the middle of the street like a good little bitch.

and when did Katrina happen...in your feebled mind.

Last edited:
But the basic premise of the article that introduced the New Orleans helicopter sniper to a global audience was dead wrong, just like so many other widely disseminated Katrina nightmares. No 7-year-old rape victim with a slit throat was ever found, even though the atrocity was reported in scores of newspapers. The Convention Center freezer was not stacked with 30 or 40 dead bodies, nor was the Superdome a live-in morgue. (An estimated 10 people died inside the two buildings combined, and only one was slain, according to the best data from National Guard officials at press time.)

They Shoot Helicopters, Don't They? - Reason Magazine

I present you with a factual interview given by an officer in the USCG and that's all you can come up with?

You're a fucking douche bag liberal full of white guilt. Why don't you just run along now...go play in the middle of the street like a good little bitch.

More important, there has been no official confirmation that a single military helicopter over New Orleans--let alone a National Guard Chinook in the pre-dawn hours of September 1--was fired upon. "I was at the Superdome for eight days, and I don't remember hearing anything about a helicopter getting shot at," says Maj. Ed Bush, public affairs officer for the Louisiana Air National Guard. With hundreds of Guard troops always on duty inside and outside the Superdome before, during, and after Hurricane Katrina, if there had been gunfire, "we would have heard it," Bush maintains. "The instant reaction over the radio would have been overwhelming."

The Air Force, to which the Air National Guard reports, also has zero record of helicopter sniping. "We investigated one incident and it turned out to have been shooting on the ground, not at the helicopter," Air Force Maj. Mike Young told The New York Times on September 29.

Aside from the local National Guard, the other government agency with scores of helicopters over New Orleans was the U.S. Coast Guard, which rescued more than 33,000 people. "Coast Guard helicopters," says spokeswoman Jolie Shifflet, "were not fired on during Hurricane Katrina rescue operations."

How about the Civil Air Patrol (CAP), the all-volunteer, Air Force�assisting network of around 58,000 private Cessna pilots, 68 of whom flew a total of 833 aid missions after the hurricane? "To my knowledge," says CAP Public Affairs Manager Jim Tynan, "none of our pilots on any Katrina-related mission were taking ground fire."

They Shoot Helicopters, Don't They? - Reason Magazine

Sorry ...I'll take the word of the U.S. Coast Guard over your hack website any day. A USCG pilot who flew missions over the city has more credibility than a rear echelon type...Reason Magazine has NO credibility....and notice they don't give the dates those Army and Air Force personnel made those statements.

You've been duped again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus...I knew you would use that website ... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha That's why I prefer facts as said by military websites.

Last edited:
Sorry ...I'll take the word of the U.S. Coast Guard over your hack website any day. A USCG pilot who flew missions over the city has more credibility than a rear echelon type...Reason Magazine has NO credibility....and notice they don't give the dates those Army and Air Force personnel made those statements.

You've been duped again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus...I knew you would use that website ... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha That's why I prefer facts as said by military websites.

So then please, tell me, how many helicopters got shot at? Why doesn't your Coast Guard Captain know the answer to this? Is it 1? Is it 100? Is it 2? Certainly he knows numbers, right?

Last edited:
You want answers...go interview him yourself...I presented an article that shot your story full of holes.

Doesn't say. I guess he's not a good counter or didn't have an official report of the numbers.

I've only seen evidence so far that one actual particular helicopter was shot at. If you've got any hard evidence of any others, I'm all ears. If its OK with you, I'd prefer not the spread rumors in the meantime.

Forum List

Back