Reasons why LeBron James is greater than Michael Jordan. Do you agree?

Why you bringing race into it? Sorry if young men speak out about how cops murder young men too much.
More whites are killed we don’t take a knee. Act like a thug get treated like one

So as long as i Believe the best boxer ever was tyson that means I’m not a racist?

And just because you hang out with Ben Carson doesn’t mean you’re not a racist too. He is too.
Wait, Ben Carson is a racist? Wanna explain that?

Uncle Tom

Just like Bruce Jenner.
Isn’t a Uncle Tom some one who thinks they are free but they aren’t, and are attacked if they try to leave?
and don’t democrats attack black republicans? Opps

Isn’t a Uncle Tom some one who thinks they are free but they aren’t, and are attacked if they try to leave?
and don’t democrats attack black republicans? Opps
I thought it was a black who benefits from white society more so than the average black person so they begin to ignore the racism that comes from the Republican Party and instead focuses on the positive talking points like lower taxes, family values, freedom,

ESPN in 6 minutes is doing a special on the high school team who beat james for the state championship. He’s just not a winner. He doesn’t inspire his mates like Jordan did.

Physically, lebron was made in a lab. Mentally, Jordan is The goat.

There are quarterbacks more athletic than Brady too. He’s still the goat as far as qBs

I heard someone put it this way: James wanted to wear number 23 as an Ode to Michael Jordan.
If Jordan were coming up today, he wouldn't wear number 6 as an ode to LeBron James.

It isn't a matter of not thinking James is a great player...its a matter of Michael Jordan not wanting to be the "next" anyone but to be the "first" himself.

I thought it was a black who benefits from white society more so than the average black person so they begin to ignore the racism that comes from the Republican Party and instead focuses on the positive talking points like lower taxes, family values, freedom,
No it was a black that lived in a democrat slave owners house, and he was allowed In the house because he agreed with everything the democrat said abs did. So the kids called him Uncle Tom. Example would be Ayana Presley, Barack Obama.. etc

Uncle Tom

Just like Bruce Jenner.
So if a black guy doesnt agree with the views they are supposed to they are a racist. Yeah that’s not a racist take at all. Ascribing a world view opinion or behavior to someone based on their skin color. BTW what makes him an Uncle Tom? Just him being a conservative? Can you not see how horribly racist that is? Seriously.

I heard someone put it this way: James wanted to wear number 23 as an Ode to Michael Jordan.
If Jordan were coming up today, he wouldn't wear number 6 as an ode to LeBron James.

It isn't a matter of not thinking James is a great player...its a matter of Michael Jordan not wanting to be the "next" anyone but to be the "first" himself.
Thats a weird criteria for assigning GOAT status to someone.

The GOAT status comes from the championships, the era, the intimidation, the attitude, the record, etc... It sums up why Jordan is piloting the GOAT plane and LeBron is a passenger.

LeBron has almost as many chips as Jordon, the era wasnt any better than now, and arguably there are more good/great teams/players now than when Jordon was playing, the intimidation and attitude are bullshit, what record? Im not saying Jordon isnt the GOAT, but if he is LeBron is at worst the copilot of that plane.

That killer attitude. Lebron just doesn't have it. He has the ability but not the attitude. He can take over games. He just doesn't make the people around him better.

We saw with that Bulls documentary Jordan INSISTED on better from his teammates. Jordan would have beat the shit out of Russell Westbrook.

1647264678796.png

1647264691901.png

1647264702240.png

That killer attitude. Lebron just doesn't have it. He has the ability but not the attitude. He can take over games. He just doesn't make the people around him better.

We saw with that Bulls documentary Jordan INSISTED on better from his teammates. Jordan would have beat the shit out of Russell Westbrook.

View attachment 615479
View attachment 615481
View attachment 615482
This is all just mythological subjective bullshit. It's hype. I love MJ. I think he probably is the GOAT. But the narrative that LeBron just doesnt know how to win or he doesn't make his teammates better etc is BULLSHIT. Look at the first team he took to the finals. They were scrubs. He pushed them to the finals on sheer will power. How many scrub teams did Jordan take to the finals? How many first round exits did Jordan have? You don't go to the finals 10 times 8 times in a row and not make your teammates better, or have a will to win.

This is all just mythological subjective bullshit. It's hype. I love MJ. I think he probably is the GOAT. But the narrative that LeBron just doesnt know how to win or he doesn't make his teammates better etc is BULLSHIT. Look at the first team he took to the finals. They were scrubs. He pushed them to the finals on sheer will power. How many scrub teams did Jordan take to the finals? How many first round exits did Jordan have? You don't go to the finals 10 times 8 times in a row and not make your teammates better, or have a will to win.
I'm sure I'm being too hard on him but then again the more I think about it, fuck that. He went to Miami and should have won more titles. He went to the Lakers and should have won more. He got lucky in Cleveland. If Green wasn't kicked out of games 5 & 6 Golden State would have won.

Jordan also didn't pick which teams he would go play for based on if they had enough talent to win. Remember at the end he went to the Wizards? He didn't go to another great team like Lebron would have. If Jordan was Lebron he would have went to the Lakers in 2001 not the Wizards. I knock Shaq down a couple notches because he left Orlando to go win somewhere else. And I'll slam Lebron for doing the same. Him, Bosch and Wade should have won more. And Lebron should be winning with Westbrook, Dwight & Carmello.

Actually, I think Carmello and Dwight are bad luck and not winners. So I should not fault Lebron for this years failure. I could have told him that having those two guys on his team would mean bad luck. And who would have thought Westbrook would turn out to be so bad? God it's been fun watching this team implode. LOL.

Do you really think Jordan's first team was all that great? I don't. He made all these guys much better than they actually were. Except Pippen. He's a great of course.

Armstrong
Cartwright
Horace Grant
Hodges
Dennis Hopson
John Paxson
Will Perdue
Scottie Pippen
Scott Williams

Despite being light on help and needing to drain his knees multiple times that season, Jordan still managed to flash the drive and skill that had made him one of the most captivating athletes in sports history. He notably poured in 51 points against the Hornets on Dec. 29, 2001, becoming the oldest player to score 50-plus points in an NBA game.

Jordan played in all 82 games in 2002-03, his final NBA season, and averaged 20.0 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.5 steals. He took fewer shots than the previous season, but he hit them at a much better rate (44.5 percent from the field). He was second to only Jerry Stackhouse (21.5 points per game) in scoring and minutes, and Stackhouse was in his prime as a 28-year-old coming off back-to-back All-Star appearances with the Pistons before he was traded to the Wizards. Jordan was a 40-year-old with a body that was slowly breaking down.

As a member of the Wizards, Jordan had eight games with 40 or more points while shooting at least 50 percent from the field. To put that in perspective, Kawhi Leonard has five 40-plus point games in his career.

Those 37-win seasons look a lot better when you remember that the Wizards went 19-63 before Jordan picked up a jersey and 25-57 after he left

This is not to say that the Jordan era was perfect. Kwame Brown didn't enjoy his time as Jordan's teammate, to put it mildly. Stackhouse once told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that he wishes that he had never played in Washington. There were probably plenty of instances in which Jordan's incredible competitive streak and self-belief actually hurt his teammates rather than elevated them as he originally intended.

View attachment 615479
View attachment 615481
View attachment 615482

The guy that comes to mind for me is Stephon Marbury. If you remember this dude...passed on Duke and NC because he was worried he wouldn't be "the" man on the team....went to Georgia Tech. That should have told us something...sort of like players not wanting to play for the 49ers during the Montana years...WTF?

Anyway, the parable about the jerseys is probably the best description of why, again, Jordan is the GOAT and James is not. Don't get me wrong, James is a world class player in a class with very few others...

Not important. Popular. You’re sad it’s so popular. Probably because not enough whites right?

Blacks think its sad you think golf is so important
The NBA is entertainment, not important. If the NBA today was gone tomorrow, it would not change my life and save me 30 seconds a day looking at the scores. If I lost a family member, it would change my life. I don't watch golf or play, so it is a moot point.

The guy that comes to mind for me is Stephon Marbury. If you remember this dude...passed on Duke and NC because he was worried he wouldn't be "the" man on the team....went to Georgia Tech. That should have told us something...sort of like players not wanting to play for the 49ers during the Montana years...WTF?

Anyway, the parable about the jerseys is probably the best description of why, again, Jordan is the GOAT and James is not. Don't get me wrong, James is a world class player in a class with very few others...

Oh come on you're judging Lebron because he looked up to Jordan, who came before him? You don't think Jordan looked up to anyone?

When Michael Jordan was younger, before his college days and throughout his time at the University of North Carolina, he looked up to Walter Davis. Jordan loved Davis' game. Davis was a 6-foot-6 shooting guard/small forward and was one of the purest shooters in the game.

When Jordan hit his game-winning jumper in the 1982 title game against Georgetown, that was a shot Davis had been working on with him, telling him those mid-range jumpers would always be key.

“I worked with him on the jab-step and the pump fake, which were some of my favorite moves,” Davis once said, according to Basketball Network. “The mid-range shot was something I emphasized, I remember telling him that it was important to make that shot. When he helped us win the 82 national championships, that was a midrange shot. Michael had a lot of natural ability with that shot.”

Walter Davis played his college ball at the University of North Carolina before spending 15 years in the NBA. The Phoenix Suns made him the fifth overall pick in the 1977 NBA draft. He became a six-time NBA All-Star and averaged 18.9 points per game for his career.
Michael Jordan was always a big fan of Davis and he used to work out with his idol.

Although Michael Jordan and Walter Davis had a great relationship, Davis did reject Jordan at one point. It wasn’t for an autograph or a picture, however. Jordan once tried to recruit Davis to play with him on the Chicago Bulls.
According to The Chicago Tribune, Jordan idolized Davis and thought Davis would be a great piece in helping the Bulls in their quest for an NBA title. Jordan made several personal calls to Davis, who didn’t appear to be swayed by the Bulls’ star.
The aging Davis wound up signing with the Denver Nuggets instead. Davis, who battled drug problems late in his career with the Phoenix Suns, played his final year with the Nuggets during the 1991-92 season.

Oh come on you're judging Lebron because he looked up to Jordan, who came before him? You don't think Jordan looked up to anyone?

When Michael Jordan was younger, before his college days and throughout his time at the University of North Carolina, he looked up to Walter Davis. Jordan loved Davis' game. Davis was a 6-foot-6 shooting guard/small forward and was one of the purest shooters in the game.

When Jordan hit his game-winning jumper in the 1982 title game against Georgetown, that was a shot Davis had been working on with him, telling him those mid-range jumpers would always be key.

“I worked with him on the jab-step and the pump fake, which were some of my favorite moves,” Davis once said, according to Basketball Network. “The mid-range shot was something I emphasized, I remember telling him that it was important to make that shot. When he helped us win the 82 national championships, that was a midrange shot. Michael had a lot of natural ability with that shot.”

Walter Davis played his college ball at the University of North Carolina before spending 15 years in the NBA. The Phoenix Suns made him the fifth overall pick in the 1977 NBA draft. He became a six-time NBA All-Star and averaged 18.9 points per game for his career.
Michael Jordan was always a big fan of Davis and he used to work out with his idol.

Although Michael Jordan and Walter Davis had a great relationship, Davis did reject Jordan at one point. It wasn’t for an autograph or a picture, however. Jordan once tried to recruit Davis to play with him on the Chicago Bulls.
According to The Chicago Tribune, Jordan idolized Davis and thought Davis would be a great piece in helping the Bulls in their quest for an NBA title. Jordan made several personal calls to Davis, who didn’t appear to be swayed by the Bulls’ star.
The aging Davis wound up signing with the Denver Nuggets instead. Davis, who battled drug problems late in his career with the Phoenix Suns, played his final year with the Nuggets during the 1991-92 season.
The Greyhound was his nickname, right?

Marbury won a championship

He was an NBA All-Star with the Nets in 2001 and with the Suns in 2003, and was voted All-NBA Third Team in 2000 and 2003. Marbury then played in the Chinese Basketball Association(CBA) from 2010 to 2018, winning three CBA championships with the Beijing Ducks in 2012, 2014 and 2015.

13 years in the NBA. 8 years in China. 21 years playing basketball and now he's a coach?

he head coach of the Beijing Royal Fighters of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA).

I bet he's got a lot of money

Marbury won a championship
Robert Horry won 7. So?
He was an NBA All-Star with the Nets in 2001 and with the Suns in 2003, and was voted All-NBA Third Team in 2000 and 2003. Marbury then played in the Chinese Basketball Association(CBA) from 2010 to 2018, winning three CBA championships with the Beijing Ducks in 2012, 2014 and 2015.

13 years in the NBA. 8 years in China. 21 years playing basketball and now he's a coach?

he head coach of the Beijing Royal Fighters of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA).

I bet he's got a lot of money
I’m sure he does.

He had the talent to be a transcendent player. Instead of coaching in China.

Forum List

Back