2019 NBA Finals.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first Finals without Lebron James in 9 years. (4 with the Cavs and 4 with the Heat before that...)

I'm going with the Warriors in 7, even though Kevin Durant is out and the Raptors won both regular season meetings.

Congratulations to both teams--Warriors with a big sweep over the Blazers and Toronto for the huge comeback from 0-2 to win 4 straight on Milwaukee. Starts tomorrow night on ABC.

NBA Finals 2019: Warriors vs. Raptors odds, picks, Game 1 predictions from proven model on 85-61 roll

Last edited:
I'll go warriors in 5. Yeah I like Lowry a LOT and would rather Toronto win it. And I get that they have good perimeter defenders. But I don't see them outscoring the Warriors, and GS can guard the perimeter too (See Lilliard, McCollum, Hood, other Curry).

I'll go warriors in 5. Yeah I like Lowry a LOT and would rather Toronto win it. And I get that they have good perimeter defenders. But I don't see them outscoring the Warriors, and GS can guard the perimeter too (See Lilliard, McCollum, Hood, other Curry).

Golden State is a great defensive team, but nobody can stop Kawhi from getting to his spots and shooting his jumper. I don’t think he was healthy the Milwaukee series, and he still outplayed Giannis. In the Philadelphia series Kawhi was unstoppable. No that he’s had five days to rest, it’s going to be interesting to see what kind of performance he puts together against the warriors.

Boring game. I hope game 2 is better. Golden State did a great job on Kawhi but the other guys beat them. Warriors are now 31 and 2 when curry plays and KD is out.

Here's my question. If this goes 7 games which I believe it will, won't the players be worn out from jet-lag from having to fly 4000 miles back and forth 5 times in less than 2 weeks ? They should go 2-3-2 like baseball and alternate East/West every year.

Game 1:
Toronto 118, Golden State 109
Game 2: Sun, June 2, Golden State at Toronto | 8 ET (ABC)
Game 3: Wed, June 5, Toronto at Golden State | 9 ET (ABC)
Game 4: Fri, June 7, Toronto at Golden State | 9 ET (ABC)
*Game 5: Mon, June 10, Golden State at Toronto | 9 ET (ABC)
*Game 6: Thur, June 13, Toronto at Golden State | 9 ET (ABC)
*Game 7: Sun, June 16, Golden State at Toronto | 8 ET (ABC)

Here's my question. If this goes 7 games which I believe it will, won't the players be worn out from jet-lag from having to fly 4000 miles back and forth 5 times in less than 2 weeks ? They should go 2-3-2 like baseball and alternate East/West every year.

Game 1:
Toronto 118, Golden State 109
Game 2: Sun, June 2, Golden State at Toronto | 8 ET (ABC)
Game 3: Wed, June 5, Toronto at Golden State | 9 ET (ABC)
Game 4: Fri, June 7, Toronto at Golden State | 9 ET (ABC)
*Game 5: Mon, June 10, Golden State at Toronto | 9 ET (ABC)
*Game 6: Thur, June 13, Toronto at Golden State | 9 ET (ABC)
*Game 7: Sun, June 16, Golden State at Toronto | 8 ET (ABC)

The problem with 2-3-2 is it favors the road team (getting 3 of the first 5 at home).

They get 2 days off between every game but between games 3-4 where it's a one game break (no travel that day though). MLB goes every day with 1 rest day for travel.

And honestly, less than 5 hours here to get a 24 hour travel day doesn't seem like the worst.

20150112-plane-advancedscouting.jpg

In the end From May 12 through June 14th, the Warriors (who had 1 extra flight because they start on the road) will have 5 flights in just over a month. Vs. 11 in the month of February looking at their schedule.

Maybe in the days of flying commercial, or the old old days of buses, you really had that issue. But I think it's minimized enough for today, where if you are pointing to that as a reason you weren't at your best, you are reaching.

I'm still trying to get My head around the fact that Oakland's beater team is this good.

I grew up in the east bay area and the Warriors home court was just that glass building next to the Oakland Coliseum.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first Finals without Lebron James in 9 years. (4 with the Cavs and 4 with the Heat before that...)

I'm going with the Warriors in 7, even though Kevin Durant is out and the Raptors won both regular season meetings.

Congratulations to both teams--Warriors with a big sweep over the Blazers and Toronto for the huge comeback from 0-2 to win 4 straight on Milwaukee. Starts tomorrow night on ABC.

NBA Finals 2019: Warriors vs. Raptors odds, picks, Game 1 predictions from proven model on 85-61 roll

Right before game 1 the announcers picked Toronto to win because they got enough bigs to counter how good dremont green is. So far so good. Toronto players got to step up. So far so good.

If K Leonard wins this year he’s going to take a huge step forward as far as being a great player. To win rings with two different teams is huge.

I like that pick gasol put on Andre iguidala. Golden State will bull you say you got to bully the bully.

Right before game 1 the announcers picked Toronto to win because they got enough bigs to counter how good dremont green is. So far so good. Toronto players got to step up. So far so good.

If K Leonard wins this year he’s going to take a huge step forward as far as being a great player. To win rings with two different teams is huge.

Not just winning but being the MVP of two different ring winning teams.

I really hope I am wrong and Toronto wins this series. Of course the fallout for that might be that GS realizes they need to add ANOTHER Superstar next season (mostly kidding).

I really hope I am wrong and Toronto wins this series. Of course the fallout for that might be that GS realizes they need to add ANOTHER Superstar next season (mostly kidding).

They miss KD tonight at both ends for sure. But only down by 5 @ half....could be a close one.

Obama's in the house ?

Let’s worry about next year next year. Golden State might also start losing guys. And guys like Andre iguidala are getting old. Teams are getting better and Golden State is getting older.

Dreymont green is getting older too. He’s a big boy. He’s a great player you love to hav on your team but you hate him otherwise. We had him at Michigan state so I like him but I certainly root against his team. I hate dynasties. I love upsets. I love adversity in sports. Tea,s like Golden State who add a Durant I have to root against.

How many rings does Durant have? I think only 1

Let’s worry about next year next year. Golden State might also start losing guys. And guys like Andre iguidala are getting old. Teams are getting better and Golden State is getting older.

Dreymont green is getting older too. He’s a big boy. He’s a great player you love to hav on your team but you hate him otherwise. We had him at Michigan state so I like him but I certainly root against his team. I hate dynasties. I love upsets. I love adversity in sports. Tea,s like Golden State who add a Durant I have to root against.

How many rings does Durant have? I think only 1

Two for Durant currently. He's the back to back finals MVP.

I agree they are getting older. And it is so tough to judge Draymond because you've seen him produce more when less was around him, but he still does so much that doesn't show up on the scoreboard. Same with Iggy a few years ago when he was first getting older in GS. Then of course he shows old Iggy in the finals when needed and wins MVP.

I'm with you. Not a dynasty fan for the most part. Also not completely against the best teaming up. I follow players in the NBA more than teams (Nuggets fan because I lived in Denver, but starting to follow the Twolves more now in Minny), so for me, I'm fine tuning in and seeing a game with 3-4 stars on the court. But yeah, come finals, if it's not the Spurs, I'll usually cheer for the underdog.

Basketball is a joke, watch hockey
Hockey is for white boys who weren't good enough for basketball or football , and can't count past 5.

You just gave me a great idea for a new sport. It would be huge. I almost don’t want to say it because one of you will steal it. Hockey MMA. We all love a good hockey fight right? And they don’t fight in hockey anymore.

I can’t stand to watch hockey. It actually bothers me. I get anxious for someone to score a goal. Who wants to feel that frustrated for three periods?

Hockey is for white boys who weren't good enough for basketball or football , and can't count past 5.

You just gave me a great idea for a new sport. It would be huge. I almost don’t want to say it because one of you will steal it. Hockey MMA. We all love a good hockey fight right? And they don’t fight in hockey anymore.

I can’t stand to watch hockey. It actually bothers me. I get anxious for someone to score a goal. Who wants to feel that frustrated for three periods?
It's better than soccer--at least it's air conditioned.

Somebody already stole it. Called minor leagues. For me, best way to watch hockey is in person. So I usually go see a lot of teams in the minors (my Colorado Eagles were on ESPN the other day for not returning the league Cup after leaving the league for a different league lol).

Anyways, minors, everyone still has hope of getting called up to the big show. And 90% of those players I think realize they won't be there based on their natural talent. But the 4th line is always there. The checking/enforcers.

Maybe it's just to rouse entertainment, but that's my theory. Scott Parker never had the skill to play in the NHL. But he could scrap. And got paid millions by the NHL for it.

Forum List

Back