2019 NBA Finals.

Basketball is a joke, watch hockey
Hockey is for white boys who weren't good enough for basketball or football , and can't count past 5.
Projecting?? Lol
No then I would have said white boys who weren't good enough for basketball or football , and can't count past 5 and have small penises.
And you have a little dick lol poor guy haha
I'm white too but not as big as Steven Tyler.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first Finals without Lebron James in 9 years. (4 with the Cavs and 4 with the Heat before that...)

I'm going with the Warriors in 7, even though Kevin Durant is out and the Raptors won both regular season meetings.

Congratulations to both teams--Warriors with a big sweep over the Blazers and Toronto for the huge comeback from 0-2 to win 4 straight on Milwaukee. Starts tomorrow night on ABC.

NBA Finals 2019: Warriors vs. Raptors odds, picks, Game 1 predictions from proven model on 85-61 roll

Right before game 1 the announcers picked Toronto to win because they got enough bigs to counter how good dremont green is. So far so good. Toronto players got to step up. So far so good.

If K Leonard wins this year he’s going to take a huge step forward as far as being a great player. To win rings with two different teams is huge.

Not just winning but being the MVP of two different ring winning teams.

I really hope I am wrong and Toronto wins this series. Of course the fallout for that might be that GS realizes they need to add ANOTHER Superstar next season (mostly kidding).

Let’s worry about next year next year. Golden State might also start losing guys. And guys like Andre iguidala are getting old. Teams are getting better and Golden State is getting older.

Dreymont green is getting older too. He’s a big boy. He’s a great player you love to hav on your team but you hate him otherwise. We had him at Michigan state so I like him but I certainly root against his team. I hate dynasties. I love upsets. I love adversity in sports. Tea,s like Golden State who add a Durant I have to root against.

How many rings does Durant have? I think only 1

Two for Durant currently. He's the back to back finals MVP.

I agree they are getting older. And it is so tough to judge Draymond because you've seen him produce more when less was around him, but he still does so much that doesn't show up on the scoreboard. Same with Iggy a few years ago when he was first getting older in GS. Then of course he shows old Iggy in the finals when needed and wins MVP.

I'm with you. Not a dynasty fan for the most part. Also not completely against the best teaming up. I follow players in the NBA more than teams (Nuggets fan because I lived in Denver, but starting to follow the Twolves more now in Minny), so for me, I'm fine tuning in and seeing a game with 3-4 stars on the court. But yeah, come finals, if it's not the Spurs, I'll usually cheer for the underdog.

Speaking of Iggy. He made the game sealing shot

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first Finals without Lebron James in 9 years. (4 with the Cavs and 4 with the Heat before that...)

I'm going with the Warriors in 7, even though Kevin Durant is out and the Raptors won both regular season meetings.

Congratulations to both teams--Warriors with a big sweep over the Blazers and Toronto for the huge comeback from 0-2 to win 4 straight on Milwaukee. Starts tomorrow night on ABC.

NBA Finals 2019: Warriors vs. Raptors odds, picks, Game 1 predictions from proven model on 85-61 roll

Right before game 1 the announcers picked Toronto to win because they got enough bigs to counter how good dremont green is. So far so good. Toronto players got to step up. So far so good.

If K Leonard wins this year he’s going to take a huge step forward as far as being a great player. To win rings with two different teams is huge.

Not just winning but being the MVP of two different ring winning teams.

I really hope I am wrong and Toronto wins this series. Of course the fallout for that might be that GS realizes they need to add ANOTHER Superstar next season (mostly kidding).

Let’s worry about next year next year. Golden State might also start losing guys. And guys like Andre iguidala are getting old. Teams are getting better and Golden State is getting older.

Dreymont green is getting older too. He’s a big boy. He’s a great player you love to hav on your team but you hate him otherwise. We had him at Michigan state so I like him but I certainly root against his team. I hate dynasties. I love upsets. I love adversity in sports. Tea,s like Golden State who add a Durant I have to root against.

How many rings does Durant have? I think only 1

Two for Durant currently. He's the back to back finals MVP.

I agree they are getting older. And it is so tough to judge Draymond because you've seen him produce more when less was around him, but he still does so much that doesn't show up on the scoreboard. Same with Iggy a few years ago when he was first getting older in GS. Then of course he shows old Iggy in the finals when needed and wins MVP.

I'm with you. Not a dynasty fan for the most part. Also not completely against the best teaming up. I follow players in the NBA more than teams (Nuggets fan because I lived in Denver, but starting to follow the Twolves more now in Minny), so for me, I'm fine tuning in and seeing a game with 3-4 stars on the court. But yeah, come finals, if it's not the Spurs, I'll usually cheer for the underdog.

Speaking of Iggy. He made the game sealing shot

Nice! Kinda watching but working on some stuff for work tomorrow mostly. Saw that and some of the end. Looks like Green really stepped up as well, and outside of Kawhi the first 3 quarters not much help for Toronto. 34-17 favored GS in assists.

That's the other problem, while I want to see GS lose I love watching their play. It's great basketball. Same went for San Antonio for years.

The Raps deserved to lose, but I have to say this - Scott Foster and Tony Bothers have no business reffing games in the finals. They are the worst refs in the entire league. 4 out 6 of those fouls on Lowry were phantom calls.

Raptors were great during the playoffs. They deserve to be champs despite what the critics will say. Bravo

Congratulations to Toronto.:beer:

Yeah, they deserve it. But I'm hoping GS makes it back to play them again next year. I think they will.
The big free agency trades could
make a big difference next year. We'll see.

Well, I'm hoping Durant resigns and I think he will. But even if not, I like their chances. They will probably have a couple of the older guys step down and I'm sure theyll get an upgrade on their bench next year. It was pretty thin this year and they still could have won the damn thing if not for their injuries. That, and knowing the Warriors, this loss will give them the motivation they were missing all year.

Raptors were great during the playoffs. They deserve to be champs despite what the critics will say. Bravo

Yes they were. They came up big in every series, and comming from behind. They did what they had to do. Even though GS had a lot of injuries the Raptors still made the big shots.... nobody gave them that.

Yes they were. They came up big in every series, and comming from behind. They did what they had to do. Even though GS had a lot of injuries the Raptors still made the big shots.... nobody gave them that.
It should be mentioned, they weren't disappointed that their annual stumbling block, LBJ, moved to the West.

Well done for the Raptors. Can't wait to see the overnight police reports from Toronto.
But with the Warriors number one player missing for all but eleven minutes, and Klay Thompson with two serious injuries that limited him I have to believe the win for Toronto was tainted and most basketball fans will remember that. And Steph Curry's stock has dropped.
He was nearly invisible last night though with Klay out he was double teamed and his absence was understandable.

Another side note - Curry was 3-11 on three-point shots.
That was the difference right there. 5-11 and we'd be going to game 7.

Well a lot of things went into it. If Curry goes 5-11 and Klay/Iggy go 5-12 instead of 7-12 the Warriors still lose.

I think in the end injuries were the thing I'd point to. Durant, Klay, and Cousins. The three of them healthy obviously we'd be looking at a different series.

Now it's on to the off-season and finding out more if this really was the end of a dynasty or not. Never realize when it went until it passes you by.

Cap issues will be huge. For example Curry, Durant, and Klay/Green alone should push the Warriors just over their cap (barring them taking a lot less than max), and any other contracts well above with potentially a tax bill alone larger than the salary cap. Then it comes to the bench, where they might like Cook or Bell, but that's another 20 mil on the tax bill as well each... with a thinner bench.

You'd think Iggy going as an expiring contract for a 2nd rounder is a possibility to free up some cash, but then you are losing Iggy and replacing him with a lower cost guy.

As it sits now, it's 175 million MORE than this past season (65 mil over the cap) to keep the current big 4, a Midlevel exemption to replace Livingston (who's a MLE type player), with Looney, Evans, Iggy, Damian Jones, and next years draft pick. Add in 2 more min guys. That's a LOT of loss of depth.

And if you trade Iggy as an expiring contract, you are saving a LOT of money, but losing Iggy and not putting yourself under the cap to replace him with anything more than a league minimum guy. Maybe you find a team with a decent 3-8 mil guy who's under the cap by enough to swing the deal?

It'll be interesting to see what magic they can work.

Another side note - Curry was 3-11 on three-point shots.
That was the difference right there. 5-11 and we'd be going to game 7.

Well a lot of things went into it. If Curry goes 5-11 and Klay/Iggy go 5-12 instead of 7-12 the Warriors still lose.

I appreciate the math lesson but, keeping it simple, the Warriors had
the inbound down by only 1 with 9 seconds left.
This could have gone either way .

Forum List

Back