Rate the presidents from FDR to Obama first . . .

I don't hate them. I just don't want them here. I am indifferent to them.
Chris my dear friend, examine your emotions.

If you were truly "indifferent" then you would not care either way.

If you do now want them here then it is hate.

Muzzies.

So I still cannot figure out what side everyone in this cat fight is on.

Something about polls.

Something about farm subsidies.

All this infighting while we were trying to rate presidents.

This thread is not about Trump, it's about rating presidents and Trump does not yet qualify. Let's get back on topic please.

Rating the presidents FDR to Obama.

Reagan
Ike
Kennedy
Truman
Nixon
Clinton
Carter
Ford
Obama
LBJ
FDR

The scary part is that FDR was only two presidents removed from the greatest president. Calvin Coolidge.
Where are your Bushes, in your yard?

Above Nixon/Clinton. They are all pretty much the same. The only thing making them better is they weren't so outwardly corrupt.

ChrisL, please comment on the rankings from FDR to Obama. What do you think?

This thread is not about Trump, it's about rating presidents and Trump does not yet qualify. Let's get back on topic please.
What I find truly amazing is that BHO himself in his interview with John Dickerson on CBS "Face The Nation" talked about this very subject himself.

BHO's favorites are:

- FDR
- LBJ
- Truman
- JFK

During the interview he also mentioned Washington and Lincoln as well of course.

1. Franklin Delano Roosevelt
  2. Lyndon Baines Johnson
  3. Harry S. Truman
  4. John F. Kennedy
  5. Dwight D. Eisenhower
  6. Barack Obama
  7. Richard Nixon
  8. Bill Clinton
  9. George H.W. Bush
  10. Jimmy Carter
  11. Ronald Reagan
  12. Gerald Ford
  13. George W. Bush
This is what I vaguely recall BHO's own list looks like, without mentioning himself of course. Nixon, Carter and Ford were not mentioned by him either.

He said he feels GHW does not get due credit.

Vietnam and the Great Society make LBJ among the lowest of the low by any objective standard.
Depending of course on your perspective on things.

Civil Rights and Medicare probably puts LBJ into 2nd or 3rd place overall, more likely.

LBJ and Nixon both botched Viet Nam. They should each have withdrawn from there more quickly.

The whole Tonkin incident was a fiction. Vu Nguyen Giap swore this to his dying day. The Tonkin incident was a fiction created by the US Navy. Whether is was a conspiracy or the Navy screwed up alone we do not know.

By escalating Viet Nam presence LBJ sucked the USA into a war that was unwinnable.

While this seriously detracts from his reputation, his accomplishments in civil rights and Medicare probably puts him at the top of many people's list in #1 or #2.

What I find truly amazing is that BHO himself in his interview with John Dickerson on CBS "Face The Nation" talked about this very subject himself.

BHO's favorites are:

- FDR
- LBJ
- Truman
- JFK

During the interview he also mentioned Washington and Lincoln as well of course.
When they asked Sarah Palin who her favorite founding father was she replied....all of them

Vietnam and the Great Society make LBJ among the lowest of the low by any objective standard.

Civil Rights and Medicare probably puts LBJ into 2nd or 3rd place overall, more likely.

LBJ and Nixon both botched Viet Nam. They should each have withdrawn from there more quickly.

The whole Tonkin incident was a fiction. Vu Nguyen Giap swore this to his dying day. The Tonkin incident was a fiction created by the US Navy. Whether is was a conspiracy or the Navy screwed up alone we do not know.

By escalating Viet Nam presence LBJ sucked the USA into a war that was unwinnable.

While this seriously detracts from his reputation, his accomplishments in civil rights and Medicare probably puts him at the top of many people's list in #1 or #2.
In the days of the red menace, neither LBJ nor Nixon wanted Vietnam to go communist while they were president. They let Ford take the rap

Last edited:

Vietnam and the Great Society are squarely of LBJ's shoulders. While he is the darling of the left, his legacy is what it is.

Vietnam was the result of American neo-imperialism. Eisenhower picked up the flag when the French failed, passed it on to JFK, who passed it on to LBJ, then to Nixon. No one was willing to walk away. They all, including Ford, had served in WWII. I don't think they could emotionally walk away.

Vietnam was the result of American neo-imperialism. Eisenhower picked up the flag when the French failed, passed it on to JFK, who passed it on to LBJ, then to Nixon. No one was willing to walk away. They all, including Ford, had served in WWII. I don't think they could emotionally walk away.
JFK did not pass it to LBJ dummy. He was murdered. Remember?

...and clearly he intended to pull the troops, once he was re-elected, but the powers that be couldn't let that happen.

JFK did not pass it to LBJ dummy. He was murdered. Remember?...and clearly he intended to pull the troops, once he was re-elected, but the powers that be couldn't let that happen.
The murder in no way relieves JFK from passing the burden on to LBJ. That's what the burden of the vice presidency entails when the burden of the previous president is passed on to the new president. JFK had increased the troop strength in Vietnam to 13,000. And in no way did he indicate JFK indicate he was going to scale down the commitment. That is your burden to carry, gipper.

JFK did not pass it to LBJ dummy. He was murdered. Remember?...and clearly he intended to pull the troops, once he was re-elected, but the powers that be couldn't let that happen.
The murder in no way relieves JFK from passing the burden on to LBJ. That's what the burden of the vice presidency entails when the burden of the previous president is passed on to the new president. JFK had increased the troop strength in Vietnam to 13,000. And in no way did he indicate JFK indicate he was going to scale down the commitment. That is your burden to carry, gipper.
Jake please...think for once.

JFK inherited Nam from Ike. He realized it was time to bug out and intended to do just that. Had he not been murdered in a coup, he would have done it and 50k+ American boys and untold number of Vietnamese would not have died unnecessarily.

He was murdered so he can't be held responsible dip shit.

There is a myth that JFK would not have escalated Vietnam

But JFK would have had the same intelligence, the same advice on how easy victory would be, the same Cold War Domino theory pressures not to let a country turn commie

I think he would have blundered just like LBJ and it would have destroyed his legacy in his second term

Forum List

Back