Rand Paul’s message to Republican convention: Fuck the Pentagon

Well, Rand Paul didn't quite exactly say "Fuck", that's my emphasis but he may as well as of used that word because of how the the right-wing caters to and dangerously kisses ass when it comes to the military. Look for Paul to get roundly booed by the Republican "Military Industrial Complex" crowd at the convention if he gets to speak that is.

Fiscal-responsibility does not apply to our armed-forces according to the Republicans.

Rand Paul

"Because we've talked about audit the Fed so much, we're now talking about audit the Pentagon," Paul told the crowd. "Now, because of Hurricane Isaac, it's not sure whether my message will get to the Republican National Convention, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able speak. And one of the messages that I will give to them is that Republicans need to acknowledge that not every dollar is well spent or sacred in the military and we have to look for ways to make every department accountable."

Talk about 'biting the hand that feeds you'.
What? Just who do you think is working for who here? Or are you saying that Rand shouldn't have said what he did about fiscal responsibility to republicans?

Sure it does, But the Left seems to think we can only Cut defense and nothing else. Defense is not what we spend the most money on, and Defense is not anywhere near the Long Term Debt Problem that MC and SS represent.

Not to mention that a Huge % of Defense spending is actually on Goods from US companies in the Defense industry that employ millions. Or direct paychecks to our Men and Woman in Uniform. So Cutting it does not come with out Economic Costs.

Who was it the other day that posted that we spend more than the rest of the world Combined on Defense? It may have been true in the past, But today we spend more than the next 21 Nations combined.

we need to balance things, make cuts everywhere, But Ron Paul, and Obama's way, of simply Gutting defense is not the Answer, and is extremely short sited.

IMO

They had two years of being completely in control did they not?

Why didn't any of the democrats move on it? Honest question. And frankly we can ask this about so many issues.

They had it all. Why is anyone whining now because they had it all?

What? If you are talking about fiscal responsibility concerning our military Obama did indeed downsize by streamlining and ridding of old and outdated military items including ships and such. Downsizing to a more smarter and better size military.

I knew I'd get you in a squeeze play. Why are you bitching then?

If Obama has successfully deballed the military, why are you on a board bitching that he hasn't?

he did call the repubs out and the delegates were fired up, the opposite of a Romney crowd ;) He said the repub establishment "allowed" him to speak for an entire hour.

It's a big tent we're in.

Yep republicans have a lot more dissadent voices than the lockstep, top down commiecrats.

And if you even try to gage this board, there are maybe 1 or 2 liberals who dare to speak their mind, the rest do whatever the democrats tell them to do. Bash rich people, check, ignore wealthy democrats, check.

Last edited:
Look for Paul to get roundly booed by the Republican "Military Industrial Complex" crowd at the convention if he gets to speak that is.

True, the neo cons will never accept fiscal responsibility for the most wasteful component of the Federal government: the DOD.

Movement Conservatism depends deeply on national enemies. Unlike the Dems who appeal to the poor with equality and social justice, the GOP uses the Bible and Flag. Having an enemy is absolutely essential to the Right. A Republican president has never governed without a Big National Enemy. There entire politics flows from having an enemy. They need this to attack the Left as anti-war and anti-American.

Also, the Pentagon is what makes the developing world safe for the investments of the wealthy. Go into any Walmart or department store and read where the products are made. You will see on the labels the names of freedom-hating nations that need to be stabilized so American capital has access to cheap labor and resources. The Pentagon is absolutely essential to the defense of global supply chains - it protects the investment capital of the wealthy.(As they sell the American worker down river in order to get labor from freedom-hating nations. John Galt is the most anti-patriotic, America hating human on earth. He now gets the bulk of his manufacturing done in Communist China)

Did anyone notice how none of the supposed anti-government crowd questioned Bush about Iraq? The Right believed the Big Government Narrative about WMDs and Al Qaeda links. Granted, we know the Left will always believe what government says, but we depend on the Right to question our incompetent bureaucrats. Problem is: the Right trusts their big government leaders more than anyone. Rather than questioning Washington about dubious Iraq intelligence, the Right stood in total obedience to dear leader. [The student Left turned on LBJ and denied him a second term. The Right would NEVER do this to a sitting president. They are too obedient to Washington]

Point is. Republicans never question their Big Government leaders. They trust government more than any single group on the planet. If a Washington bureaucrat says we need to go to war, the Tea Party falls in line. They don't oppose or question big government's power; rather, they lap it up.

Of course, we all knew that the GOP has always been the party of Big Government. Indeed, Reagan used the Cold War to grow Washington's concentrated global power more than anything ever imagined by FDR and the Left. Watch what Romney does. He will find a big enemy in his first term, and it he will use that enemy to increase the power and scope of big government surveillance. Like Bush, he will destroy individual freedom and privacy on behalf of the illusion of safety. Problem is: the world is a dangerous, imperfect place filled with risk. But only Republican voters think Big Government can make us safe - so they give Washington bureaucrats loads of unchecked power to protect us from something that has a lower probability than getting struck by lightening. Point is: we all would like a safe world without evil doers, but only Republican voters trust Big Government enough to deliver this impossible fantasy The rest of us understand of the law of unintended consequences - we see a more powerful Washington as the real danger. We think that giving Washington too much surveillance power and decreasing the civil rights of citizens will likely lead to abuses of power. We don't like leaving large levers of concentrated power in the hands of bureaucrats, especially when it comes to freedom and privacy. Unfortunately, the Republican voter isn't as cautious about giving Big Government more power. Watch what happens when Romney finds a new (or old) terrorist enemy. Watch how obediently the Tea Party falls in line behind Big Government.

God help us.

Last edited:
They 'waste' a lot of people too. See Iraq!

Do you know Obama's had more deaths in Afghanistan in his paltry years of service as compared to Bush?

And it seems you are the official cheerleader of that tale.

No tale. Truth. Where are those Code Pinkos screaming their little bitchy asses off? Where are those douche bags? Oh out raising money for their President who loves killing kids. Whoopsies, its a D President killing kids in Afghanistan.

That's allowed you see because Liberals are just so disgustingly hypocritical.

Many times I am in full agreement with Rand Paul. Then others, I find it hard to believe I agree with him on anything. The two things I do agree with him on are the need to cut military spending and quit trying to police the entire damn world, and secondly, that the best fix to SS and Medicare is to raise the retirement age.

I do agree with cutting the military and not policing the world, not convinced on the retirement age.

Movement Conservatism depends deeply on national enemies. Unlike the Dems who appeal to the poor with equality and social justice, the GOP uses the Bible and Flag. Having an enemy is absolutely essential to the Right. A Republican president has never governed without a Big National Enemy. There entire politics flows from having an enemy. They need this to attack the Left as anti-war and anti-American.

Also, the Pentagon is what makes the developing world safe for the investments of the wealthy. Go into any Walmart or department store and read where the products are made. You will see on the labels the names of freedom-hating nations that need to be stabilized so American capital has access to cheap labor and resources. The Pentagon is absolutely essential to the defense of global supply chains - it protects the investment capital of the wealthy. It allows them to sell the American worker down river and get their labor from freedom-hating nations.

Did anyone notice how nobody questioned Bush about Iraq. They all believed the Big Government Narrative about WMD and Al Qaeda links. Now, granted, we know the Left will always believe government. They trust government. But did anyone notice that the Right trusted Bush and Big Government even more? Rather than questioning Washington, the Right went out and bought little flags . . . and then they helped Bush send innocent American troops off to get killed because of cherry-picked intelligence designed to meet out a pre-ordained regime change policy from PNAC during the Clinton years.

Point is. Republicans never question their Big Government leaders. They trust government more than any single group on the planet. If a Washington bureaucrat says we need to go to war, the Tea Party falls in line. They don't oppose or question big government's power; rather, they lap it up.

Of course, we all knew that the GOP was the party of Big Government. Watch what Romney does. He will find a big enemy in his first term, and it he will use that enemy to increase the power and scope of big government surveillance. Like Bush, he will destroy individual freedom and privacy on behalf of the illusion of safety. Problem is: the world is a dangerous, imperfect place filled with risk. But only Republican voters think Big Government can make us safe - so they give Washington bureaucrats loads of unchecked power to protect us from something that has a lower probability than getting struck by lightening. Point is: we all would like a safe world without evil doers, but only Republican voters trust Big Government enough to make it happen. The rest of us are afraid of the law of unintended consequences. We think that giving Washington too much surveillance power and decreasing the civil rights of citizens will likely lead to incompetence and abuses of power. We don't like leaving large levers of concentrated power in the hands of bureaucrats. Unfortunately, the Republican voter isn't as cautious about giving Big Government more power. Watch what happens when Romney finds a new (or old) terrorist enemy. Watch how obediently the Tea Party falls in line behind Big Government.

God help us.

Go fuck yourself you pompous asswipe.

:lol:

Oh and I know what forum you pegged that off of .

Is this lib plagerism night or what?

Do you know Obama's had more deaths in Afghanistan in his paltry years of service as compared to Bush?

No tale. Truth. Where are those Code Pinkos screaming their little bitchy asses off? Where are those douche bags? Oh out raising money for their President who loves killing kids. Whoopsies, its a D President killing kids in Afghanistan.

Link?

No?

I thought so.

Many times I am in full agreement with Rand Paul. Then others, I find it hard to believe I agree with him on anything. The two things I do agree with him on are the need to cut military spending and quit trying to police the entire damn world, and secondly, that the best fix to SS and Medicare is to raise the retirement age.

I do agree with cutting the military and not policing the world, not convinced on the retirement age.

I'm as devoted as you can be to our men and women in service, but holy toledo at what cost?

Now we as Canucks have pulled our weight with you guys around the world but I personally was thrilled when our PM went OK enough on certain missions.

How many countries are you in now? I mean come on. You guys cannot sustain this. My criticisms have nothing to do with those in service.

Well, Rand Paul didn't quite exactly say "Fuck", that's my emphasis but he may as well as of used that word because of how the the right-wing caters to and dangerously kisses ass when it comes to the military. Look for Paul to get roundly booed by the Republican "Military Industrial Complex" crowd at the convention if he gets to speak that is.

Fiscal-responsibility does not apply to our armed-forces according to the Republicans.

What is your nationality?

The two things I do agree with him on are the need to cut military spending and quit trying to police the entire damn world, and secondly, that the best fix to SS and Medicare is to raise the retirement age.

We do not "police the entire damn world," cutting military spending as if it were just the Endowment for the Arts or something is nihilistically stupid, and raising the retirement age alone will not "fix" Medicare and Social Security.

Who me?

Right-Wing Liberals, aka neocons, love huge government programs relating to the military and the more people they can get living on a government check in the military, the happier they are. To what end? Murdering Arabs to show their loyalty to a swarn enemy of Christ, Israel.

You're a bigoted fucking moron. Fortunately, you are utterly irrelevant.

Who me?

Yeah, you.

Link?

No?

I thought so.

:D

Never challenge me. I never lie.

He doubled the deaths. Where's the girls from Code Pink screaming now? Where are all you anti war mother fuckers now?

You don't care now. It's Obama killing soldiers and civilians. A Democrat.

When a D kills it's aok with you hypocrites. :lol:

Oh and here's your link you little hypocritical <fill in the blank> Fuck you hypocrite.

U.S. Military Deaths in Afghanistan More Than Doubled Under Obama
M Catharine Evans

In yet another sin of omission, the national press corps has failed to report that more than twice as many U.S. military service people were killed in Afghanistan since Obama took office than in six and a half years of the Bush administration.

Read more: Blog: U.S. Military Deaths in Afghanistan More Than Doubled Under Obama

The two things I do agree with him on are the need to cut military spending and quit trying to police the entire damn world, and secondly, that the best fix to SS and Medicare is to raise the retirement age.

We do not "police the entire damn world," cutting military spending as if it were just the Endowment for the Arts or something is nihilistically stupid, and raising the retirement age alone will not "fix" Medicare and Social Security.

Bullshit! The Republicans do indeed want to police the world. Ron Paul is right.

I'm as devoted as you can be to our men and women in service, but holy toledo at what cost?

Now we as Canucks have pulled our weight with you guys around the world but I personally was thrilled when our PM went OK enough on certain missions.

How many countries are you in now? I mean come on. You guys cannot sustain this. My criticisms have nothing to do with those in service.

Your PM had the luxury of saying that BECAUSE of us.

no tale. Truth. Where are those code pinkos screaming their little bitchy asses off? Where are those douche bags? Oh out raising money for their president who loves killing kids. Whoopsies, its a d president killing kids in afghanistan.

That's allowed you see because liberals are just so disgustingly hypocritical.

link?

No?

I thought so.

:d

never challenge me. I never lie.

He doubled the deaths. Where's the girls from code pink screaming now? Where are all you anti war mother fuckers now?

You don't care now. It's obama killing soldiers and civilians. A democrat.

When a d kills it's aok with you hypocrites. :lol:

Oh and here's your link you little hypocritical <fill in the blank> fuck you hypocrite.

u.s. Military deaths in afghanistan more than doubled under obama
m catharine evans

in yet another sin of omission, the national press corps has failed to report that more than twice as many u.s. Military service people were killed in afghanistan since obama took office than in six and a half years of the bush administration.

Read more: blog: U.s. Military deaths in afghanistan more than doubled under obama

liar!

Forum List

Back