Rachel Maddow

That was a local FOX affiliate - NOT FOXNews Channel...

That afiliate is not partially owned by the Saudi gvernment...

Why are you people being intentionally misleading??...

The left is full of natural born liars. The thread more then proves it.

Oh so now we are using "technicalites"?

Neener neener..it's an affiliate..it's not really FOX.

Fuckin hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:

Still nothing blowhard?

Oh yes I FORGOT YOU SAID SO.

LOL Coward to the core.

NOT FINAL UNTIL TIME EXPIRES TO FILE REHEARING
MOTION AND, IF FILED, DETERMINED
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL
OF FLORIDA
SECOND DISTRICT
NEW WORLD COMMUNICATIONS OF )
TAMPA, INC., d/b/a WTVT-TV, )
)
Appellant, )
)
v. ) Case No. 2D01-529
)
JANE AKRE, )
)
Appellee. )
)
Opinion filed February 14, 2003.
Appeal from the Circuit Court
for Hillsborough County;
Ralph Steinberg, Judge.
William E. McDaniels and Thomas G.
Hentoff of Williams & Connolly LLP,
Washington, D.C., Patricia Fields
Anderson, P.A., St. Petersburg, and
Gary D. Roberts and Theodore A.
Russell of Fox Group Legal Department,
Los Angeles, California, for Appellant.
Michael S. Finch, St. Petersburg, and
Stuart C. Markman, Robert W. Ritsch,
and Katherine Earle Yanes of Kynes,
Markman & Felman,

OF FLORIDA
SECOND DISTRICT
)
Appellant, )
)
v. ) Case No. 2D01-529
)
JANE AKRE, )
)
Appellee. )
)
for Hillsborough County;
Ralph Steinberg, Judge.
Markman & Felman,

Attention stupid.

So, having determined that no First Amendment "right to lie" defense was offered by the station, what about the actual ruling by the 2nd District appeals court? Did it rule, as part of its decision to overturn Akre's whistleblower victory, that there is no barrier to lying in a news broadcast, that media outlets can freely falsify and distort the news because of First Amendment protections?

No. The court's overturning of the lower court's verdict rested on a technical issue, whether the policy of the FCC against "false, distorted, or slanted" news reports was covered under Florida's whistleblower statute. As the court explains in its ruling:

http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2003/February/February 14, 2003/2D01-529.pdf

KELLY, Judge.
New World Communications of Tampa, Inc., d/b/a WTVT-TV, a subsidiary
of Fox Television, challenges a judgment entered against it for violating Florida's private
sector whistle-blower's statute, section 448.102, Florida Statutes (Supp. 1998).

Fox Television is NOT FOXNews Channel...

That's why you have to change channels to see FOX and FNC...

You people are fucking stupid...

http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2003/February/February 14, 2003/2D01-529.pdf

KELLY, Judge.
of Fox Television, challenges a judgment entered against it for violating Florida's private
sector whistle-blower's statute, section 448.102, Florida Statutes (Supp. 1998).

What's your take on the OP, Night Train?

Is Sen. Coburn a liar or not?

OF FLORIDA
SECOND DISTRICT
)
Appellant, )
)
v. ) Case No. 2D01-529
)
JANE AKRE, )
)
Appellee. )
)
for Hillsborough County;
Ralph Steinberg, Judge.
Markman & Felman,

Attention stupid.

So, having determined that no First Amendment "right to lie" defense was offered by the station, what about the actual ruling by the 2nd District appeals court? Did it rule, as part of its decision to overturn Akre's whistleblower victory, that there is no barrier to lying in a news broadcast, that media outlets can freely falsify and distort the news because of First Amendment protections?

No. The court's overturning of the lower court's verdict rested on a technical issue, whether the policy of the FCC against "false, distorted, or slanted" news reports was covered under Florida's whistleblower statute. As the court explains in its ruling:

Did you miss the fact that this case started because they fired reporters for NOT LYING?

The whole thing is wrapped arround Fox wanting to lie to its viewers about their childrens safety.

They won the case to lie.

They did lie.

It has a corporate bias.

And that bias is supporting the liberal agenda. Hence you have 5 liberals on MSNBC giving commentary on election night. And not one conservative.
Name them: Maddow, Olbermann...

Matthews is not a Liberal, as much as everyone on the Right would like him to be. He's a definite Moderate.

Brian Williams is not a Liberal, AFAIK.

Joe Scarborough is a Conservative.

Tom Brokaw is not a Liberal, AFAIK.

Ed Shultz was not part of election night coverage.

Dylan Ratigan was not part of election night coverage, and is not a Liberal, AFAIK.

Lawrence O'Donnell was not part of election night coverage.

Have I missed anyone?

Maddow
Olbermann
Matthews (a liberal by his own admission - While discussing proposed healthcare reform on the December 17, 2009 edition of Hardball, Matthews stated: "The Republicans will know they have lost... Let them keep score and it's easy. It's complicated when liberals get to keep score. We're always arguing. Well, I'm a liberal, too.") Google Chris Matthews wilkepedia and read down. I'd link to it but I don't have 15 posts yet.
Eugene Robinson

Larry O'Donnell - WAS part of the coverage as I watched it during commercials. I can try and find video if you need it.

And Ed Schultz was acting as a reporter from Vegas!

Last edited:

KELLY, Judge.

Didn't read it, Synthia...

Won't read it either... Don't care what Madcow or Coburn have to say....

Just wanted to correct some intentional misinformation....

And that bias is supporting the liberal agenda. Hence you have 5 liberals on MSNBC giving commentary on election night. And not one conservative.

Matthews is not a Liberal, as much as everyone on the Right would like him to be. He's a definite Moderate.

Dylan Ratigan was not part of election night coverage, and is not a Liberal, AFAIK.

Have I missed anyone?

Maddow
Olbermann
Matthews (a liberal by his own admission - While discussing proposed healthcare reform on the December 17, 2009 edition of Hardball, Matthews stated: "The Republicans will know they have lost... Let them keep score and it's easy. It's complicated when liberals get to keep score. We're always arguing. Well, I'm a liberal, too.") Google Chris Matthews wilkepedia and read down. I'd link to it but I don't have 15 posts yet.
Eugene Robinson

Larry O'Donnell - WAS part of the coverage as I watched it during commercials. I can try and find video if you need it.

Why do you go on about this shit like it means something when FOX used our courts to LIE to its viewers?

The left is full of natural born liars. The thread more then proves it.

Oh so now we are using "technicalites"?

Neener neener..it's an affiliate..it's not really FOX.

Fuckin hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:

Still nothing blowhard?

Oh yes I FORGOT YOU SAID SO.

LOL Coward to the core.

You see..when you call someone a coward..you actually have to back that up.

You can't. Not in a million years..

So back to the basement for you.

Keep watching that Saudi propaganda..they can lie..

So can you.

It's protected speech.

Have I missed anyone?

Maddow
Olbermann
Eugene Robinson

Why do you go on about this shit like it means something when FOX used our courts to LIE to its viewers?

The guy was looking for proof of my point and I provided it. Isn't that what a reasonable person would do?

Synthia said:
Synthia said:

Didn't read it, Synthia...

Won't read it either... Don't care what Madcow or Coburn have to say....

Just wanted to correct some intentional misinformation....

Typical.

Yes, you are a typical leftist whackjob.... I'd probably read more of your stuff if you weren't such a hack... But, alas....

Rachel Maddow. That dude is ugly. She also happens to be one of the biggest liars in America. She fits in perfectly with MSNBC morons like Olbermann, Chris "I Have A Thrill Up My Leg" Matthews and that fat sack of shit Schultz.

Remember the time not too long ago Maddow accused a Republican politician of knowing in advance of the Oklahoma City Bombing? She said he knew of it in advanced, kept quiet and personally consigned 160 innocent people to their deaths.

Turns out Maddow, as usual, was lying through her teeth. The truth emerged that this politician did indeed receive a fax about the bombing. Problem is it came through 30 minutes after the attack. He immidiately contacted the FBI. The Feds confirmed the story.

Maddow needs to just go away. She's a lying. scum-sucking, bottom-feeding, methane-breather. Her balls are getting too big for MSNBC.

That's a pretty bold rant there. I can see someone having issues with Rachel Maddow's politics. But her research is impeccable. I NEVER seen her incorrect where she didn't correct it.

So I look forward to seeing links to the something proving she "lied" that isn't an insane rightwingnut blog.

Why is finding $6B in a $3.5T budget, to pay for it, so impossible?

Is there anything Democrats want to spend more on that they are willing to cut elsewhere for?

The answer is "no."

This is the problem with the GOP. They put up roadblocks for what amounts to peanuts ($6 B in a $3.5T budget), while they cheer the elephant (extended tax cuts which will add another $1T to the deficit). Are you concerned about finding a way to pay for the tax cuts?

And still not one fucking word from the TEA PARTY about the budget busting tax bill

Why is finding $6B in a $3.5T budget, to pay for it, so impossible?

Is there anything Democrats want to spend more on that they are willing to cut elsewhere for?

The answer is "no."

This is the problem with the GOP. They put up roadblocks for what amounts to peanuts ($6 B in a $3.5T budget), while they cheer the elephant (extended tax cuts which will add another $1T to the deficit). Are you concerned about finding a way to pay for the tax cuts?

I'm trying to understand your mindset. How does someone count money that isn't even collected yet as theirs? It's not the government's money, it's the people's who earned it.

I'm not speaking about you specifically when I say the following because I don't know how you were raised. However, what gives someone the right to take a higher % from someone else just because they have more? Shouldn't everyone give the same %? There would still be an astronomical difference. But it would be fair.

Forum List

Back