Question for republicans

the guys religion has nothing to do with it
there is NO religious test for candidates for public office in the Constitution

that said, in a primary, i'd likely vote for someone else
in a general election(should he win the nomination) i would vote for him over Obama

What's the problem with mormons?

I come from Oregon, and we had a mormon senator for years. He probably would have run for president, except his son committed suicide, and he became less focused on his constituents, more inwardly focused, and subsequently lost his seat. He didn't try terribly hard to keep it, I think he was ready to spend some more time at home.

I've no problem with mormons. Nobody who has lived around them does.
No black folk around you guys huh?

The Mormons are notorious for their core belief that blacks, under no circumstance, CANNOT go to heaven. In other words, heaven is not for blacks.

Lets not forget that they believe that Jesus came from another planet and then came to earth, and that each man, if he is good and righteous, will get his own planet, with a bunch of women as wives...similar to the jihadists who are promised 70 wives at the moment of suicidal bomb death.

Yeah...a great group of folks.

Would you nominate Mitt Romney even though he is a mormon? If he should win the nomination, would you vote for him or stay home?

Being independent it would depend on who he was running against. Though he would at least have a chance of getting my vote. His views are a little different, but right now different would be better.

Uh, if it were Mittens vs. The Ossiah, I would write in Hugo Chavez.

If America is going to receive its last death blows, at least "vote for" the one who is an actual destroyer, as opposed to the BSer destroyers.

so if romney turns out to be the republican nominee, will you stay home, vote for the ossiah, or vote third party?

Based on how 2008 turned out, Romney will NOT be on the GOP ticket IF he chooses to run again. Even though we were facing an economic meltdown, the "base" of the GOP could not get past the fact that Romney was a Mormon. Instead, they chose someone who openly admitted he didn't understand economics (McCain) and then got behind the bimbo from Alaska, who keeps a vigilant eye on Russia for us from her house....

I don't think Palin did the picking. I don't think taking cheap shots at her, credits you.

Would you nominate Mitt Romney even though he is a mormon? If he should win the nomination, would you vote for him or stay home?

i dont like romney regardless of his religion, cant pull the lever for him

what if he is nominated? would you vote third party, stay home, or vote for the ossiah?
Romney would have to be nominated by the LP or CP for me to vote for him in any case.

I swore off voting for republicans back in '95.

i'm not really a republican but mitt was my gov. I would vote for him but if I was in charge of the republican party i wouldn't nominate him.

He gave us our state's Universal Health Plan that is bankrupting us now.

Right now I'm having the Anyone But Bush....oh I mean Barack...mindset ;).

I come from Oregon, and we had a mormon senator for years. He probably would have run for president, except his son committed suicide, and he became less focused on his constituents, more inwardly focused, and subsequently lost his seat. He didn't try terribly hard to keep it, I think he was ready to spend some more time at home.

The Mormons are notorious for their core belief that blacks, under no circumstance, CANNOT go to heaven. In other words, heaven is not for blacks.

Lets not forget that they believe that Jesus came from another planet and then came to earth, and that each man, if he is good and righteous, will get his own planet, with a bunch of women as wives...similar to the jihadists who are promised 70 wives at the moment of suicidal bomb death.

You obviously don't know very much about Mormons beliefs. As with most misconceptions they are rooted in at least some truth.

As for Blacks, we believe the exact opposite of what you posted. Black people are, as Joseph Smith quoted "subjects of salvation, with souls of their own. And a great many white folks who have abused them will be in much worse shape at the judgment bar of God for their mistreatment of that race of God's children."
The book of Mormon states "All are alike unto God, both male and female, Jew and Gentile, black and white, bond and free. And all are made partakers of salvation."

You speak very lassez faire about our concept of the heavens and our origin. It is true there are many planets with people on them. There will continue to be more. God rewards his faithful children with eternal rewards and stewardships of their own worlds after he has trained them to be like Him. As for the wives. It will be true of some people but not all. It is not a requirement for salvation to have lots of wives. Those who participate in it are willing and unforced.

Right up there with Rev. Wright, Holder, the asshole pastor at the inauguration, and just about every other non-white person your Ossiah is affiliated with.

so if romney turns out to be the republican nominee, will you stay home, vote for the ossiah, or vote third party?

Based on how 2008 turned out, Romney will NOT be on the GOP ticket IF he chooses to run again. Even though we were facing an economic meltdown, the "base" of the GOP could not get past the fact that Romney was a Mormon. Instead, they chose someone who openly admitted he didn't understand economics (McCain) and then got behind the bimbo from Alaska, who keeps a vigilant eye on Russia for us from her house....
thank you for once again proving how fucking ignorant most Obama supporters are

Forum List

Back