William "Freezer Loot" Jefferson (D) CONVICTED...

I didn't say it was NEVER Reported on...

So they Obsessed on this Indictement and Conviction like they did... Well, lets see...

Should I name the REPUBLICans they Obsessed on... Even ones that were NOT Charged with anything?...

The point here is that this Story was a FUCKING WHISPER...

A Conviction of a REPUBLICan Congressperson would NOT have been Glossed over.

:)

peace...

I still wanna know how Sandy Berger got away with all those documents smuggled out in his pants

Our whole system is clearly, brazenly corrupt with the news media

Ya it was front page stuff, lead story material. NOT. Hell if he were a Repulican this would have been headline news from the day he was caught. YOU remember back when New Orleans was nearly taken out. Instead Pelosi in 2007 tried to elevate him past a senior Democrat she did not like to chair a committee.

2 YEARS and not a headline at all. He even got reelected. And you all were whining then about Innocent till proven Guilty. Remind me how you whine that when ever a Republican is even thought to have been accused of something?

Ya it was front page stuff, lead story material. NOT. Hell if he were a Repulican this would have been headline news from the day he was caught. YOU remember back when New Orleans was nearly taken out. Instead Pelosi in 2007 tried to elevate him past a senior Democrat she did not like to chair a committee.

2 YEARS and not a headline at all. He even got reelected. And you all were whining then about Innocent till proven Guilty. Remind me how you whine that when ever a Republican is even thought to have been accused of something?

I read the AP Wire multiple times a Day... And I Missed it on the 5th.

I want to Know how long it was up... I Bet it was Dumped at the Shit Hour and left on for only a couple of Hours... At best.

peace...

Yup 2007-present has been nothing but dead time. Nothing news worthy at all during the past 2 years. We should have been getting minute by minute coverage of the trial of some corupt congress critter.:rolleyes:

Always the victims some of y'all are ...

FTR: Pelosi's failure to get this guy out of office and his constituents reelecting him is pathetic. At no time have I ever defended this guy nor have I seen another poster fight to defend this guy. He's a POS.

That mean old lefty media. Shame on them.

C'mon, the only "news" here was the date on which we could all officially drop the "alleged" before "felon". It's not like it was controversial or the outcome was in doubt - controversy and drama being the poison that powers the pen. The guy was, is, and will likely forever be a slimeball. The conviction was just postscript.

May he enjoy Bubba sticking it to him like he stuck it to the people of his District. I think I might find somebody willing to smuggle his new "buddy" some sand paper. ;)

C'mon, the only "news" here was the date on which we could all officially drop the "alleged" before "felon". It's not like it was controversial or the outcome was in doubt - controversy and drama being the poison that powers the pen. The guy was, is, and will likely forever be a slimeball. The conviction was just postscript.

May he enjoy Bubba sticking it to him like he stuck it to the people of his District. I think I might find somebody willing to smuggle his new "buddy" some sand paper. ;)
but if it had been a republican, it would have been front page news for days

Maybe. Depends on the rag. This one was probably deemed to be no story because there was nothing really there to print. "OK guys, the bastard was convicted. Nobody's pissed about it and nobody thought he'd get off. Uhhh...how many column inches do we have to fill again?"

On a tangentially related matter, I do think there should have been more attention to Ted Stevens' overturned conviction. I never liked him much but if anybody got a bad deal he's the one.

Maybe. Depends on the rag. This one was probably deemed to be no story because there was nothing really there to print. "OK guys, the bastard was convicted. Nobody's pissed about it and nobody thought he'd get off. Uhhh...how many column inches do we have to fill again?"

On a tangentially related matter, I do think there should have been more attention to Ted Stevens' overturned conviction. I never liked him much but if anybody got a bad deal he's the one.

Meanwhile Rove is front page news and Congress is investigating a non event. Remember the 2 Republicans last year? That got constant front page news cause of a bathroom stall and an email? It did not stop even after the one guy quit.

Ya remind me how the left gets equal bad time in the press. Not only did the Republicans ostracize those two they tried to make them quit, stripping them of committee seats. And Jefferson? Pelosi tried to promote him to head of a Committee over a senior Democrat she did not like.

Meanwhile Rove is front page news and Congress is investigating a non event. Remember the 2 Republicans last year? That got constant front page news cause of a bathroom stall and an email? It did not stop even after the one guy quit.

Ya remind me how the left gets equal bad time in the press. Not only did the Republicans ostracize those two they tried to make them quit, stripping them of committee seats. And Jefferson? Pelosi tried to promote him to head of a Committee over a senior Democrat she did not like.

When it's the left that does something wrong the liberal media down plays it and the conservative media plays it up. Jackasses (this includes you) will obsessively bitch about this and treat it as if it's something unbeknownst to the rest of us.

When it's the right that does something wrong the conservative media down plays it and the liberal media plays it up. Jackasses will obsessivey bitch about this and treat it as if it's something unbeknownst to the rest of us.

Whooptie freakin' doo.

Don't ask me to defend the Dems, I won't. I lean left in many of my views but I'm not a member let alone a hack or some sort of apologist. Both sides have their tame media outlets and their spinmeisters. Or have you forgotten FNC, WSJ, National Review, talk radio, et al?
And sometimes, there's no conspiracy - just not anything much there that sells. Never forget the media is about profit first, everything else is secondary.

Yup 2007-present has been nothing but dead time. Nothing news worthy at all during the past 2 years. We should have been getting minute by minute coverage of the trial of some corupt congress critter.:rolleyes:

Always the victims some of y'all are ...

FTR: Pelosi's failure to get this guy out of office and his constituents reelecting him is pathetic. At no time have I ever defended this guy nor have I seen another poster fight to defend this guy. He's a POS.

Wasn't there a Senator who was Convicted in an Obviously Poltically Motivated Case... Just enough "Guilt" to get his Seat, and then it was Reversed...

Which got more Coverage?... Stevens or Jefferson?...

Stevens Prosecution and Conviction or the Reversal?...

The Bias is the Issue... You can Dismiss it with ALL the Butt Monkeys you want to Regarding this "POS", but when you Run Static for this Shit, you are Assisting in it Continuing.

peace...

Compare Lott's (R) Joke at 100th Birthday Roast to Byrd's (D) "White *******" Comment in his Official and Quite Serious Capacity.

Byrd's Spokesperson Excused the Racism on the Old Guy being Tired...

No Public Apology, no DEMANDS from the Left and the Media that he Resign after he Apologizes..

But Lott makes a Joke and it was LITERALLY WEEKS of Obsessive Coverage AFTER he APOLOGIZED MULTIPLE TIMES and met with the Typical Black Race Whores Begging them to Forgive him.

And which one was a Grand Kleagle in the KKK?...

Which one Filibustered Civil Rights for Blacks as a US SENATOR?...

The DemocRAT "Conscience of the Senate", Robert "There are White *******" Byrd (D-KKK).

The Bias is Self-Evident and this is only ONE in a long line...

How about the Queen RINO down in Florida that the "Free Press" Obsessed on as to Assist the DemocRATS in their Taking back of the House in 2006?...

What was he Charged with?... Convicted of?...

NOTHING.

Yet Spitzer, a Former Hardass Prosecutor turned Governor of New York who Imprisoned People for his Crimes was Hardly Poo-Pooed by the "Free Press"...

Tragically as it was Predictable, the "Free Press" Questioned the Motivation of going after Spitzer...

Anyone remember Clinton's Golfing Pal and Former DemocRAT Congressman Mel Reynolds (D)?...

Convicted Child Molester... In Prison on even MORE Criminal Convictions.

What did Clinton do as one of his Last Slaps to the Face of the American People?...

Let that Fuck Pal of his out of Prison.

Anyway... I can go on all Damn day.

peace...

Last edited:
William "Freezer Loot" Jefferson (D) CONVICTED...

Good.

For selling his office and betraying his constituents the penalty should be death.

Likewise, the people who bribed him should also dance with the hangman's daughter.

He was re-elected with the help of Sheriff Harry Lee, who endorsed him. Harry Lee is the Sheriff of Jefferson Parrish and a minor diety there. Jefferson's district encompassed Jeff Parrish.

Harry Lee took great umbrage when Jefferson's opponent, Karen Carter claimed the Jeff Parrish Sheriff's department blocked the Crescent City Connection to prevent people from walking out of NOLA after the Hurricane. (That was inaccurate, it was the Gretna Police Department) and urged Jeff Parrish to vote for Jefferson. Ironically, it was the white suburban vote that won the election for Jefferson.

All deflections about the media aside, I am glad this scumbag is gone. He's the epitome of the corrupt political machine that NOLA needs to up-end if they are going to survive.

Forum List

Back