Question for Christians

... A god that wants us to obey a book? No, not real.

A book is only a data repository. You can read something and totally misunderstand what's written there. You need a key. That's why we have also monks, nuns, priests, abbots, abbess, bishops and theologians who you are able to ask, if you don't understand what you read. Lots of lay people and clerics wrote books too during a long row of centuries. If you still do not understand then ask the Holy Spirit. But do not ask godless Islamists or supporters of abortion for example. Very bad bible interpreters. They do not even know how to interpret the simple 4 words "Thou shalt not kill". It will cause problems - and not only spiritual problems - if someone obeys not in this 4 words, whether someone reads the bible or not. And it are not the only 4 words of the bible. It has 5 words ... and even some more. I never counted them all. Perhaps it are even six or seven or ...

There's no proof that an invisible being wants us to obey a book.

If you should murder for example someone then my experience tells me this idiots will die - and you will become rich, will find a nice woman, will have nice children and your neighbors will respect you. You will grow old and you will die satisfied with the good results of your wonderful life. Perhaps some years after your death one of the idiots you forgot to murder will find out you had murdered his grandfather. About the other murderers of so many people of my families I know nothing at all. Perhaps they had a long happy life too. So: Your decision what to read and not to read - your decision what you like to understand and not to understand - your decision what to do and not to do. If you do not care about problems, you are causing for others, then you don't need god. That's true. God forces no one.

Who Am I?
by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Who am I? They often tell me
I stepped from my cell’s confinement
Calmly, cheerfully, firmly,
Like a Squire from his country house.

I used to speak to my warders
Freely and friendly and clearly,
As thought it were mine to command.

Who am I? They also tell me
I bore the days of misfortune
Equably, smilingly, proudly,
like one accustomed to win.

Am I then really that which other men tell of?
Or am I only what I myself know of myself?
Restless and longing and sick, like a bird in a cage,
Struggling for breath, as though hands were compressing my throat,
Yearning for colors, for flowers, for the voices of birds,
Thirsting for words of kindness, for neighborliness,
Tossing in expectations of great events,
Powerlessly trembling for friends at an infinite distance,
Weary and empty at praying, at thinking, at making,
Faint, and ready to say farewell to it all.

Who am I? This or the Other?
Am I one person today and tomorrow another?
Am I both at once? A hypocrite before others,
And before myself a contemptible woebegone weakling?

Who am I? They mock me, these lonely questions of mine.
Whoever I am, Thou knowest, dear God, I am thine!

source of the translation: Deitrich Bonhoeffer. Who Am I? by Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Just because I don't follow the bible doesn't mean that I'm going to kill someone, have no morals or what have you.

Anyways, doesn't the bible preach "an eye for an eye"?

PS I don't read copy&paste nonsense, nor do I watch dumb kraut movies that you ripped off.

... A god that wants us to obey a book? No, not real.

A book is only a data repository. You can read something and totally misunderstand what's written there. You need a key. That's why we have also monks, nuns, priests, abbots, abbess, bishops and theologians who you are able to ask, if you don't understand what you read. Lots of lay people and clerics wrote books too during a long row of centuries. If you still do not understand then ask the Holy Spirit. But do not ask godless Islamists or supporters of abortion for example. Very bad bible interpreters. They do not even know how to interpret the simple 4 words "Thou shalt not kill". It will cause problems - and not only spiritual problems - if someone obeys not in this 4 words, whether someone reads the bible or not. And it are not the only 4 words of the bible. It has 5 words ... and even some more. I never counted them all. Perhaps it are even six or seven or ...

There's no proof that an invisible being wants us to obey a book.

If you should murder for example someone then my experience tells me this idiots will die - and you will become rich, will find a nice woman, will have nice children and your neighbors will respect you. You will grow old and you will die satisfied with the good results of your wonderful life. Perhaps some years after your death one of the idiots you forgot to murder will find out you had murdered his grandfather. About the other murderers of so many people of my families I know nothing at all. Perhaps they had a long happy life too. So: Your decision what to read and not to read - your decision what you like to understand and not to understand - your decision what to do and not to do. If you do not care about problems, you are causing for others, then you don't need god. That's true. God forces no one.

Who Am I?
by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I stepped from my cell’s confinement
Calmly, cheerfully, firmly,
Like a Squire from his country house.

I used to speak to my warders
Freely and friendly and clearly,
As thought it were mine to command.

Who am I? They also tell me
I bore the days of misfortune
Equably, smilingly, proudly,
like one accustomed to win.

Am I then really that which other men tell of?
Or am I only what I myself know of myself?
Restless and longing and sick, like a bird in a cage,
Struggling for breath, as though hands were compressing my throat,
Yearning for colors, for flowers, for the voices of birds,
Thirsting for words of kindness, for neighborliness,
Tossing in expectations of great events,
Powerlessly trembling for friends at an infinite distance,
Weary and empty at praying, at thinking, at making,
Faint, and ready to say farewell to it all.

Who am I? This or the Other?
Am I one person today and tomorrow another?
Am I both at once? A hypocrite before others,
And before myself a contemptible woebegone weakling?

Who am I? They mock me, these lonely questions of mine.
Whoever I am, Thou knowest, dear God, I am thine!

source of the translation: Deitrich Bonhoeffer. Who Am I? by Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Just because I don't follow the bible doesn't mean that I'm going to kill someone, have no morals or what have you.

Anyways, doesn't the bible preach "an eye for an eye"?

PS I don't read copy&paste nonsense, nor do I watch dumb kraut movies that you ripped off.

your sunday school teacher was in no position to say WAT DA BIBLE PREACHES. The first book of the bible ----is GENESIS-----which unbeknownst to sunday school teachers is actually a REPUDIATION of the religion of Mesopotamia. ie-----the CODE OF HUMMARABI. Learn a bit about MESO---culture and then read GENESIS using your head----if your forebrain exists. Feel free to ask questions

Dear Taz and IsaacNewton
Instead of an invisible being, just substitute laws of nature, forces of life, or universal energy .

Some forces and laws in nature are indeed invisible, but they don't need to be "personified" as a being to express universal meaning.

Is it "science fiction" to say we reap what we sow, or is that a pretty universal Truth or law of Justice?

You are right that it would be silly and wrong to require anyone to believe in invisible or fictitious beings. But nothing wrong with using the Bible to communicate about natural laws that affect personal relations and collective society .

If that's not your language and makes no sense to you, that doesn't mean it can't be used by other people effectively to correct wrongs and agree on principles in order to work together cohesively.

If Christian's use the Bible properly to rebuke and correct each other so they don't violate their own principles, isn't that a good use of the Bible? To seek agreement on Truth and Justice (whether or not you personify these as God and Jesus) where the Meaning is communicated and understood?

What's wrong with that?

Dear Taz and IsaacNewton
Instead of an invisible being, just substitute laws of nature, forces of life, or universal energy .

Some forces and laws in nature are indeed invisible, but they don't need to be "personified" as a being to express universal meaning.

Is it "science fiction" to say we reap what we sow, or is that a pretty universal Truth or law of Justice?

You are right that it would be silly and wrong to require anyone to believe in invisible or fictitious beings. But nothing wrong with using the Bible to communicate about natural laws that affect personal relations and collective society .

If that's not your language and makes no sense to you, that doesn't mean it can't be used by other people effectively to correct wrongs and agree on principles in order to work together cohesively.

If Christian's use the Bible properly to rebuke and correct each other so they don't violate their own principles, isn't that a good use of the Bible? To seek agreement on Truth and Justice (whether or not you personify these as God and Jesus) where the Meaning is communicated and understood?

What's wrong with that?

An impersonal force is mindless, it has no intelligence, will, morality, etc. An impersonal force cannot be the source of anything that requires intelligence, or anything that requires volition. It also cannot be the source of things like justice, goodness, love, beauty, etc. In fact, believing in an impersonal force is basically the same thing as atheism. It makes no sense to believe that the source of personal beings with intelligence, is impersonal and mindless.

... Just because I don't follow the bible doesn't mean that I'm going to kill someone ...

Just because you are you means you will kill whomever you like to kill.

... .PS I don't read copy&paste nonsense, nor do I watch dumb kraut movies that you ripped off.

Let me say it this way: I know why your culture calls Germans "Krauts". And this reason shows a very ugly face of the Anglo-American culture and is anything else than negative for Germany and/or Germans. The crazy thing: You will always live in fear of Germans because you call us "Krauts" or "Nazis". Never in your whole life you are able to be sure not to be shot down from a German or a friend of Germans, whom you will call "Kraut" or "Nazi". You will never be able to see the backside of the mirror of your own self-created destiny.

Last edited:
... Just because I don't follow the bible doesn't mean that I'm going to kill someone ...

... .PS I don't read copy&paste nonsense, nor do I watch dumb kraut movies that you ripped off.

Let me say it this way: I know why your culture calls Germans "Krauts". And this reason shows a very ugly face of the Anglo-American culture and is anything else than negative for Germany and/or Germans. The crazy thing: You will always live in fear of Germans because you call us "Krauts" or "Nazis". Never in your whole life you are able to be sure not to be shot down from a German or a friend of Germans, whom you will call "Kraut" or "Nazi". You will never be able to see the backside of the mirror of your own self-created destiny.

"Just because you are you means you will kill whomever you like to kill." Is this supposed to be English?

Germans like you still hate Jews and wish you could finish the job.

"Just because you are you means you will kill whomever you like to kill." Is this supposed to be English?

Yes - and it's easy to understand.

Germans like you still hate Jews and wish you could finish the job.

If you would believe in god then you would not say such stupid sentences.

Last edited:

Love this song thank you!

... The Church has become a refuge for those with no friends. The weak, the ignorant and the misfits. Or people with failing or loveless marriages. It gives them something else to focus on so they can deal with the train wreck that their lives are.

So you have a lot of friends, your are strong, educated and beautiful. You are happily married and full of love. And that's why you are here and attack people, who do not share your form not to believe in god.

I'm just a truth teller, not an attacker.
That being said, there are exceptions always, and by truth I mean as I see it

As you see it? Die to self and see it.

Forum List

Back