Proof that the temperature readings showing global warming are bogus!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures warmed roughly 1.53°F (0.85ºC) from 1880 to 2012, How much has the global temperature risen in the last 100 years? | UCAR - University Corporation for Atmospheric Research

If you are using data from 100’s of thermometers scattered over a wide area, with data being recorded by hand, by dozens of different people, the observational resolution should be reduced.
In the oil industry it is common to accept an error margin of 2-4% when using manually acquired data for example.

As far as I am aware, historical raw multiple temperature data from weather stations has never attempted to account for observer error.

We should also consider the accuracy of the typical mercury and alcohol thermometers that have been in use for the last 120 years. Glass thermometers are calibrated by immersing them in ice/water at 0c and a steam bath at 100c.
Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 6.48.57 AM.png

The Metrology of Thermometers

So not only over the past 120 years human observers have been logging their error prone readings manually into logs and then re-copied into another log but the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has closed some 600 out of nearly 9,000 weather stations over the past two years that it has deemed problematic or unnecessary, after a long campaign by one critic highlighting the problem of using unreliable data. Distorted data? Feds close 600 weather stations amid criticism they're situated to report warming | Fox News

Finally just a simple question that in light of that 12.5% of the Earth's land mass was NOT included in the 60 years of temperature readings?

When "The number of [Siberian] stations increased from 8 in 1901 to 23 in 1951 and then decreased to 12 from 1989 to present only four (4) stations, those at Irkutsk, Bratsk, Chita and Kirensk, cover the entire 20th century.
IEA analysts say climatologists use the data of stations located in large populated centers that are influenced by the urban-warming effect more frequently than the correct data of remote stations…
The scale of global warming was exaggerated due to temperature distortions for Russia accounting for 12.5% of the world’s land mass.
The IEA said it was necessary to recalculate all global-temperature data in order to assess the scale of such exaggeration.
Climategatekeeping: Siberia

Hey what does the burning of all that stored carbon (oil and coal) DO to the enviroment?

Do you think that carbon smply disappears when it is burnt?

Why did God make it so that all that carbon was stored underground to begin with?

If we cut down all the oxygen generating forests and burn all the carbon we can dig up and drill for, what will happen in the long term?

Hey what does the burning of all that stored carbon (oil and coal) DO to the enviroment?

Why did God make it so that all that carbon was stored underground to begin with?

If we cut down all the oxygen generating forests and burn all the carbon we can dig up and drill for, what will happen in the long term?

FACTS not guesses, not hyperbole as you depend on... come on do some research before you comment! That's how you learn!

A) More trees than there were 100 years ago? It's true!
In the United States, which contains 8 percent of the world's forests, there are more trees than there were 100 years ago. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), "Forest growth nationally has exceeded harvest since the 1940s. By 1997, forest growth exceeded harvest by 42 percent and the volume of forest growth was 380 percent greater than it had been in 1920." The greatest gains have been seen on the East Coast (with average volumes of wood per acre almost doubling since the '50s) which was the area most heavily logged by European settlers beginning in the 1600s, soon after their arrival.
More trees than there were 100 years ago? It's true!
B) A tree can absorb as much as 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year, and can sequester one ton of carbon dioxide by the time it reaches 40 years old. [1]
One large tree can provide a supply of oxygen for two people. [2]
American Forests has estimated that our tree planting projects average 450 trees per acre, which leaves us with one final calculation:
753 million acres of forested and other lands benefit from some kind of protection.
450 trees per acre or 338.9 billion trees . At 48 pounds per tree.. or 8.132 billion tons of Carbon sequestered.

C) More lawns..How much carbon is actually stored in lawn?
Sahu’s report combines data from several studies to produce this averaged result (stated on page 12, if you’re looking for it): one acre of managed turfgrass will hold about 1.03 Mg/ha/yr. In regular language, this is 0.46 tons, or 920 lbs. of carbon in a year.
Is Lawn a Carbon Sink?
in 2005, researchers estimated there are 40 million acres of turf grass in the U.S., covering 1.9 percent of the land.
Lawns vs. crops in the continental U.S. » Scienceline
So 40 million acres sequester 20 million tons of carbon.

So with the United States emitting 5.3 billion tons which are absorbed by the 8.155 billion tons sequestered by trees and lawns.

:lol:

This has to be the funniest thing I have read in quite some time..

FACTS not guesses, not hyperbole as you depend on... come on do some research before you comment! That's how you learn!

In the United States, which contains 8 percent of the world's forests, there are more trees than there were 100 years ago. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), "Forest growth nationally has exceeded harvest since the 1940s. By 1997, forest growth exceeded harvest by 42 percent and the volume of forest growth was 380 percent greater than it had been in 1920." The greatest gains have been seen on the East Coast (with average volumes of wood per acre almost doubling since the '50s) which was the area most heavily logged by European settlers beginning in the 1600s, soon after their arrival.
B) A tree can absorb as much as 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year, and can sequester one ton of carbon dioxide by the time it reaches 40 years old. [1]
American Forests has estimated that our tree planting projects average 450 trees per acre, which leaves us with one final calculation:
753 million acres of forested and other lands benefit from some kind of protection.
450 trees per acre or 338.9 billion trees . At 48 pounds per tree.. or 8.132 billion tons of Carbon sequestered.

Sahu’s report combines data from several studies to produce this averaged result (stated on page 12, if you’re looking for it): one acre of managed turfgrass will hold about 1.03 Mg/ha/yr. In regular language, this is 0.46 tons, or 920 lbs. of carbon in a year.
Is Lawn a Carbon Sink?
in 2005, researchers estimated there are 40 million acres of turf grass in the U.S., covering 1.9 percent of the land.

So with the United States emitting 5.3 billion tons which are absorbed by the 8.155 billion tons sequestered by trees and lawns.

In other words, on a global scale, you and your NO buddy have no fucking idea what buring all that carbon and cutting down rain forests will do to the long term climate forecast.

Why didnt you just say so? I know the two of you werent climate scientists but you seem to think you know everything. But not this time eh? Thats ok, no one else knows for sure either.

But it does look like putting all that carbon back into the atmosphere is not doing good things.

You and your buddy are just to fucking stubborn and stupid to admit it.

You shoud try re reading some of your posts.

They go back and forth between amazingly stupid and funny.

You shoud try re reading some of your posts.

They go back and forth between amazingly stupid and funny.

Nah.. they pale in comparison to asserting that God created evil carbon and then stored it underground so we couldn't get at it... what are you, a rtard or something?

Soggy, you dont believe in God I take it.

Or you dont believe in evolution?

Either way, the need to store excess carbon in the form of oil and coal has taken place. And guess where we find oil and coal?

Thats right you stupid motherfucker; underground, where it doesnt effect the carbon content in the atmosphere. Until we take it out and burn it.

I had heard that NO school werent to good. You must be a product of same.

Either way, the need to store excess carbon in the form of oil and coal has taken place. And guess where we find oil and coal?

Thats right you stupid motherfucker; underground, where it doesnt effect the carbon content in the atmosphere. Until we take it out and burn it.

Call me when you can get basic punctuation and tense correct kid...

:lol::lol::lol:

You got nothing dude. Not even the thought of an intelligent response.

Like I said; a product of a shitty education.

Were you home schooled? By a Republican?

You got nothing dude. Not even the thought of an intelligent response.

Like I said; a product of a shitty education.

Where you home schooled? By a Republican?

Oh shit, the fucking irony is overwhelming... this genius doesn't even understand were vs. where.

Is Lawn a Carbon Sink?

In other words, on a global scale, you and your NO buddy have no fucking idea what buring all that carbon and cutting down rain forests will do to the long term climate forecast.

Why didnt you just say so? I know the two of you werent climate scientists but you seem to think you know everything. But not this time eh? Thats ok, no one else knows for sure either.

But it does look like putting all that carbon back into the atmosphere is not doing good things.

You and your buddy are just to fucking stubborn and stupid to admit it.

So the US absorbs all the 5.3 billion plus 2.8 billion tons of the rest of the world.
We are doing our share.

But the point though of the thread was global warming is a hoax.
You tell me you can see this thermometer discretely enough to tell 1 degree difference between 76 and 77 degrees?
Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 6.48.57 AM.png

With 12.5% of the land mass missing in temperature readings for the last 70 years don't you think that biases the temperature readings?
Finally here is a number for:
Earth's trees number 'three trillion'
Earth's trees number 'three trillion' - BBC News
So average tree absorbs 48 lbs of carbon per year... or 72 billion tons absorbed by trees alone..
Carbon emissions reach 40 billion ton high: World faces 'dangerous climate change' - and China, the US and India are the worst offenders
China, US, India push world carbon emissions up

So let's see... Trees alone 3 trillion absorb 48 lbs or 72 billion tons. hmmmm did I answer your query something you could have done!
Total sequester by trees: 72 billion tons
total carbons emitted: 40 billion tons
Have an excess of 32 billion!

PLUS grasslands/pastures total acres in the world: 8,501,932,660 at .46 tons per acre sequester equals 3.91 billion tons.
Hmmm...
So that means there is nearly 36 billion tons of EXTRA carbon that can be sequestered!

What the hell is this concern???

soggy, I will try and type more slowly in an effort to reduce my mistakes and increase your reading comprehension. Obviously you are struggling with understanding my two previous questions.

Do you believe in God?
Do you believe in evolution?
or maybe a combination?

Simple, easy to understand questions.
Even you should be able to understand them and form an answer.
Of course, I dont have your level of education.
So did I type slow enough for you? These little tablet keyboards are tough for my sore arthritic hands to navigate. But I tried to follow all the rules of grammar and spelling that I could recall.
You get me again where I missed something?

soggy, I will try and type more slowly in an effort to reduce my mistakes and increase your reading comprehension. Obviously you are struggling with understanding my two previous questions.

Do you believe in God?
or maybe a combination?

So did I type slow enough for you? These little tablet keyboards are tough for my sore arthritic hands to navigate. But I tried to follow all the rules of grammar and spelling that I could recall.

What does "evolution" have to do with the fact that WORLD WIDE ---
3 trillion trees absorb 72 billion tons of the 40 billion tons emitted which leaves 32 billion tons for future growth in carbon emissions????

Do you believe in God?
or maybe a combination?

Yes I believe in God... Yes I believe in evolution..... what does this have to do with the AGW scam? Are you really serious when you say that God invented carbon and then stored it underground? Fossil fuels were created over time through decomposition and pressure, not from the big bang.

Good Lord....

Hey healthmyths, Is it a hoax of not? By your own numbers there is 36 billion more available tons of CO2 that we can look forward to adding to the atmosphere. Per year, forever I take it?

Is that a hoax or not?

Do you believe in God?
or maybe a combination?

Yes I believe in God... Yes I believe in evolution..... what does this have to do with the AGW scam? Are you really serious when you say that God invented carbon and then stored it underground? Fossil fuels were created over time through decomposition and pressure, not from the big bang.

Good Lord....

Good Lord is right. You know, either God or evolution is responsible for ALL of this. From big bang to now.

Oil and coal are both formed from carbon. Stored in a manner where they had little to no effect on the earths atmosphere.

Man has now mined and drilled and burnt billions of tons of this stored carbon and returned it to the atmosphere.

Simple question; IF God or evolution or both saw fit to store carbon as a solid or liquid, where it has no effect on the atmosphere, it stands to reason that adding all that carbon BACK (by burning it) to the atmosphere would have a negative effect. It was stored inert before. Now it is returned to the atmosphere as a gas.

SO you all seem so sure that doing this is NOT having a negative effect, I just wonder how it is that you all think you know this?

Your education in science did explain to you that simply because you burn a solid or a liquid, it doesnt cease to exist?

Hey healthmyths, Is it a hoax of not? By your own numbers there is 36 billion more available tons of CO2 that we can look forward to adding to the atmosphere. Per year, forever I take it?

Is that a hoax or not?

These aren't my numbers...
FACTS:
1) Carbon emissions reach 40 billion ton high: World faces 'dangerous climate change' - and China, the US and India are the worst offenders
China, US, India push world carbon emissions up
2) Earth's trees number 'three trillion'
Earth's trees number 'three trillion' - BBC News
3) A tree can absorb as much as 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year, and can sequester one ton of carbon dioxide by the time it reaches 40 years old. [1]
Tree Facts - American Forests

So multiply 3 trillion trees time 48 lbs divide by 2,000 lbs per ton equals 72 billion tons...

PLUS in addition to the above absorption of Carbon... total forgot this absorption:
Recent estimates have calculated that 26 percent of all the carbon released as CO2 from fossil fuel burning, cement manufacture, and land-use changes over the decade 2002–2011 was absorbed by the oceans. (About 28 percent went to plants and roughly 46 percent to the atmosphere.) During this time, the average annual total release of was 9.3 billion tons of carbon per year, thus on average 2.5 billion tons went into the ocean annually.
How Much CO2 Can The Oceans Take Up? | The Keeling Curve

So NOT only do trees and grassland have the capacity of 72 billion tons but the oceans absorb another 2.5 billion or a total of 74 billion to cover 40 billion emitted!
Facts sorry...

Forum List

Back