New Sclerosponge Temp Reconstruction Indicates We've Already Experienced 1.7C of Warming

I want him to show the fastest temperature increase between 3 million and 1 million years ago.
What's stopping you from doing it?
I'm not going to try to prove your stupid, unprovable claim.
I'll continue to point out your failure.
Crick, I think that you honestly don’t understand how debate works.

If you make a claim that appears to be unsupportable, it is up to you to support it. It is not up to anyone else to come up with their own evidence because you’re not offering evidence yourself.

The simple fact is they are comparing current temperatures as measured by instruments that become more and more reliable and valid as technology progresses to temperatures 3 million years ago, as gathered by a method you refuse to identify.

You challenged me to look it up, but I really don’t need to. Unless in looking it up, I found out that indeed they did use the same instrument 3 million years ago the googler cannot change the above fact.

Plus, I can easily guess what it would be or at least guess in the ballpark of what it would be. It’ll be some comparison of fossil tree rings, or geological formations or ice core samples, or something like that.

Those things are fine to make semi scientific estimates based on hypotheses, but you’re talking temperatures in degrees to a decimal point there is no way historical guesses can be anywhere close to that accurate.

Last edited:
Crick, I think that you honestly don’t understand how debate works.

If you make a claim that appears to be unsupportable, it is up to you to support it. It is not up to anyone else to come up with their own evidence because you’re not offering evidence yourself.

The simple fact is they are comparing current temperatures as measured by instruments that become more and more reliable and valid as technology progresses to temperatures 3 million years ago, as gathered by a method you refuse to identify.

You challenged me to look it up, but I really don’t need to. Unless in looking it up, I found out that indeed they did use the same instrument 3 million years ago the googler cannot change the above fact.

Plus, I can easily guess what it would be or at least guess in the ballpark of what it would be. It’ll be some comparison of fossil tree rings, or geological formations or ice core samples, or something like that.

Those things are fine to make semi scientific estimates based on hypotheses, but you’re talking temperatures in degrees to a decimal point there is no way historical guesses can be anywhere close to that accurate.
I have repeatedly shown the data that supports my claim and NASA, NOAA and other sources making the same observation. Todd has never presented a single scrap of data on this topic.

The world is rife with problem. I did not say that most American regard this as their most important problem, but you seem to be claiming that it is only the most important problem about which they actually care. I think that makes you sound a bit sociopathic.
But you did say Most Americans, you lie when the evidence shows what you wrote. Why do you feel the need to lie all the time? Here's your fking post cuck. You state, and I quote, "Most Americans DO care"

You don't care. Most Americans DO care.

Do you really not know how it's done? Open Google and ask it "how do scientists find the Earth's temperature millions of years ago". Then fucking read what it shows you. You do know how to read don't you?
You can give us ocean temperatures accurate to a tenth of a degree from 3MM years ago?

Amazing

I have repeatedly shown the data that supports my claim and NASA, NOAA and other sources making the same observation. Todd has never presented a single scrap of data on this topic.

They may have made the same unprovable claim, doesn't make them any
less wrong than you are when you make the claim. None of those proxies
are precise enough to show that "Current rates of CO2 increase and temperature increase are 7-12 times faster than any warming that has taken place in at least the last 3 million years".

Not even a little bit.

You would need to show that over every 140-year period (that's the time frame we're looking at, right?) over the last 3 million years, the largest temperature increase has been
1/7th of a degree or less. How large are the error bars in the last 3000 years? In the last 3 million years?

The world is rife with problem. I did not say that most American regard this as their most important problem, but you seem to be claiming that it is only the most important problem about which they actually care. I think that makes you sound a bit sociopathic.

The same could be said about the solipsistic worrier who automatically assumes that his phobia must automatically be everyone else's.

The same could be said about the solipsistic worrier who automatically assumes that his phobia must automatically be everyone else's.
That is not my assumption. I am not arguing with everyone. I am arguing with those idiots who deny there is any problem at all. Like you.

That is not my assumption. I am not arguing with everyone. I am arguing with those idiots who deny there is any problem at all. Like you.
You disagree with people who don’t agree with you, and you don’t provide evidence for your opinions. It’s exactly what he said

I am arguing with those idiots

Good luck with that.

I would offer you a suggestion however.

Instead of scaremongering, gnashing of teeth, and rending of garments about an impending disaster, try laying out, in plain, honest, and succinct terms what ... precisely... you would have us do about it.

You might find some people, whom you will likely refer to as idiots, who prefers the malady to the cure.

Good luck with that.

Instead of scaremongering, gnashing of teeth, and rending of garments about an impending disaster, try laying out, in plain, honest, and succinct terms what ... precisely... you would have us do about it.

You might find some people, whom you will likely refer to as idiots, who prefers the malady to the cure.
Again, he can’t even explain how it got warm enough to melt the one mile deep ice sheet over what today is Chicago

He's scared.

Frightened people are rarely rational.

He has been factually corrected over Ten thousand times, yet he remains addicted to the fearmongering propaganda over a nonexistent crisis thus it is his problem not ours.

Good luck with that.

You all already know precisely what we need to do about it. We need to stop burning fossil fuels. Sound familiar?

You all already know precisely what we need to do about it. We need to stop burning fossil fuels. Sound familiar?

Be specific... how do "we" do that? And explain how you would deal with the inevitable economic impact.

I'll agree with fncceo's post and add something else to it. You want us to stop burning fossil fuels? As someone once put it, lead by example. How are you living your life so that you're not burning fossil fuels? It'll be nice to see someone talk the talk and walk the walk. One of the biggest complaints that people have on here is that some of the same people who wants the general public to stop burning fossil fuels because it's a problem don't live their lives like it's a problem.

You don't care. Most Americans DO care.

No, a lot of Americans pretend to care because it's the trendy thing to care about online.

Personally I don't care if the temperature went up. Climate change is real because it's been changing for billions of years.

It's why the antarctic used to be a rainforest millions of years ago.

So no, i don't care because it's something we absolutely positively can not stop. The climate is going to change just like it always has.

A billion years before man ever walked the earth then planet had worldwide floods, worldwide fires, ice ages, total reversal of the poles, total loss of the ozone layer, temperature much greater than the current average mean temperature, tectonic activity so great it broke apart land masses and more.

To sit and worry about this is an exercise in futility.

I'll agree with fncceo's post and add something else to it. You want us to stop burning fossil fuels? As someone once put it, lead by example. How are you living your life so that you're not burning fossil fuels?
By my voting habits, by energy conservation, by my choice of automobiles. What is it that you think I have advocated for others that I have not done myself?
It'll be nice to see someone talk the talk and walk the walk.
It would be nice to see someone recognize the validity of widely accepted science and accept the reality that we are faced with a serious threat that requires a committed and rational response.
One of the biggest complaints that people have on here is that some of the same people who wants the general public to stop burning fossil fuels because it's a problem don't live their lives like it's a problem.
The only such complaint I've seen are falsehoods concerning John Kerry flying private jets. I would like to see the wealthy stop flying private jets, but the world is going to have to undergo a number of radical changes before that happens. What do you think would happen if Trump or Biden or Taylor Swift or any of the world's well known rich were to board a commercial flight? In an ideal world, nothing. But we don't live in an ideal world.

Forum List

Back