Progressives vs. Homeschooling

Your link is to The New American Academy, a Charter School. Are you in favor of Charter Schools?

I'm in favor of anything that produces better educated individuals with greater critical thinking skills.

You attacked PC because she is your political enemy and you are a partisan, but by 2020 it is estimated that over 80% of higher education will be delivered through the internet. Slamming someone for going to school online is astoundingly ignorant in 2015.

Your link is to The New American Academy, a Charter School. Are you in favor of Charter Schools?

I'm in favor of anything that produces better educated individuals with greater critical thinking skills.

You attacked PC because she is your political enemy and you are a partisan, but by 2020 it is estimated that over 80% of higher education will be delivered through the internet. Slamming someone for going to school online is astoundingly ignorant in 2015.

I'm asking about your views on that one particular Charter School. Are you saying that it produces better educated children?

I'm all for internet studies as long as the students are still being taught by qualified educators. Send them home with no oversight, and a large percentage of these kids will be dumb as a box of rocks.

She does have cut n paste down pat, I will give her that. :)

Rdean can cut and paste - so any monkey can do that. BUT deanie=weenie can't support his position when challenged, the C&P is all he has.

PC tears you leftists up, she not only supports her points, but generally reduces the forum KOS kiddies to babbling toads.

It's great fun to watch.

There have been no studies of homeschooled students’ academic performance that have used representative samples rather than recruiting volunteer participants.

Homeschooling Educational Neglect - Coalition for Responsible Home Education

Bullshit.

The examination of standardized testing using the total population and is irrefutable.

Public schools are an irrefutable failure at educating children, but that isn't the real purpose of them.

Home schooling lacks the institutional aspect to prepare children for the transition from school to prison, and fails to create obedient subjects. That home schooling irrefutably creates far better educated people is seen as a negative by the educational bureaucracy, not a positive. The goal of public education is not to create bright, articulate, independent thinkers. Quite the opposite. Docile and obedient is the product that public schools seek to provide.

{
Horace Mann, credited as the father of the American public school system, studied a wide variety of educational models before implementing the Prussian system designed by Fredrick the Great. King Frederick created a system that was engineered to teach obedience and solidify his control. Focusing on following directions, basic skills, and conformity, he sought to indoctrinate the nation from an early age. Isolating students in rows and teachers in individual classrooms fashioned a strict hierarchy—intentionally fostering fear and loneliness.

Mann chose the Prussian model, with its depersonalized learning and strict hierarchy of power, because it was the cheapest and easiest way to teach literacy on a large scale.

This system was perpetuated throughout the early twentieth century by social efficiency theorists who sought to industrialize the educational process. Led by educators such as Ellwood P. Cubberley, they used education as a tool for social engineering:

“Our schools are, in a sense, factories in which the raw products (children) are to be shaped and fashioned into products to meet the various demands of life.” (Cubberley, 1917)

Building upon the depersonalized uniformity and rigid hierarchy of the Prussian system, they constructed an industrial schooling model designed to produce millions of workers for Americaʼs factories.

Believing that most of America’s students were destined for a life of menial, industrial labor, these theorists created a multi-track educational system meant to sort students from an early age. While the best and brightest were carefully groomed for leadership positions, the majority was relegated to a monotonous education of rote learning and task completion.

Consequently, our schooling system is still locked into the Prussian-industrial framework of fear, isolation, and monotony. For both students and teachers, procedure is emphasized over innovation, uniformity over individual expression, and control over empowerment. It is, therefore, not surprising that the majority of Americaʼs classrooms have changed little in over one hundred years.}

The Prussian-Industrial Model

Well, you idiot, the school you're using as a source only had 2 of 22 students pass the state math and reading tests.

I can't make this shit up folks! LOL!

21st century schoolhouse sees poor exam results - NY Daily News

New York City Department of Education withdrew a proposal to expand The New American Academy with a middle school after less than 10% of The New American Academy's first class of third-graders passed state exams in the spring of 2013 before a vote by the Panel for Educational Policy on October 30, 2013. Just two students out a class of 22 students passed the 2013 spring New York state math and reading tests. As of November 4, 2013, more than half of The New American Academy's first class (the class of 2010/2011) of 40 first-graders are no longer enrolled or failed to be promoted to the fourth grade, city statistics show.

The New American Academy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I'm asking about your views on that one particular Charter School. Are you saying that it produces better educated children?

I'm all for internet studies as long as the students are still being taught by qualified educators. Send them home with no oversight, and a large percentage of these kids will be dumb as a box of rocks.

I have no views on that particular school. I wanted a document, not to enroll a child.

They maintain a searchable library with scholarly information - which is good, beyond that, who knows?

I have no views on that particular school. I wanted a document, not to enroll a child.

They maintain a searchable library with scholarly information - which is good, beyond that, who knows?

Now that you've had time to look up the shitty source used by you. lol

I certainly don't think this Charter School has any room for criticism, do you?

Well, you idiot, the school you're using as a source only had 2 of 22 students pass the state math and reading tests.

What does that have to do with anything?

Without logical fallacy you never would even approach logic.

So, If I pull up the Theory of Relativity from their site, that means Einstein was an idiot, right sploogy?

Maybe you should, you'd probably do better!

New York City Department of Education withdrew a proposal to expand The New American Academy with a middle school after less than 10% of The New American Academy's first class of third-graders passed state exams in the spring of 2013 before a vote by the Panel for Educational Policy on October 30, 2013. Just two students out a class of 22 students passed the 2013 spring New York state math and reading tests. As of November 4, 2013, more than half of The New American Academy's first class (the class of 2010/2011) of 40 first-graders are no longer enrolled or failed to be promoted to the fourth grade, city statistics show.

LOL

So this is a PUBLIC school? :eek:

I can't make this shit up....

What does that have to do with anything?

Without logical fallacy you never would even approach logic.

So, If I pull up the Theory of Relativity from their site, that means Einstein was an idiot, right sploogy?

Maybe you should, you'd probably do better!

LOL

So this is a PUBLIC school? :eek:

I can't make this shit up....

It's a Charter School, you idiot. LOL!

New American Academy

Seriously, without fallacy - you would never approach logic.

Cruella, you grasp that the school you are attacking is one of your vaunted PUBLIC schools - right?

Maybe you should have your handler at KOS check your work before you post?

New American Academy

It sure is Moron, a New York City funded Charter School.

ROFL

You get more stupid by the moment.

Oh and retard - none of this has any meaning, Attacking the color of the walls in a library does not render the book read from such tainted.

You truly are stupid - which is why you are a leftist.

Seriously, without fallacy - you would never approach logic.

Cruella, you grasp that the school you are attacking is one of your vaunted PUBLIC schools - right?

Maybe you should have your handler at KOS check your work before you post?

One more time, you idiot....

Your source is a Charter School that you used as an example to criticize public schools .

The New American Academy is dedicated to transforming the fundamental structures of our current Prussian-industrial schooling structure to promote a culture of learning and innovation for both students and teachers.

And here's the fun part.

Only two out of 22 students passed the state math and reading tests last spring.

skul4n-1-web.jpg

Shimon Waronker, founder of New American Academy, wouldn't comment on the school's setbacks.

TNAA Charter School

New American Academy

It sure is Moron, a New York City funded Charter School.

ROFL

You get more stupid by the moment.

Oh and retard - none of this has any meaning, Attacking the color of the walls in a library does not render the book read from such tainted.

You truly are stupid - which is why you are a leftist.

You idiot, you're the one who used this Charter School to criticize public schools. I don't care who's funding it. They aren't funding it anymore, Doofus....BECAUSE IT FAILED.

Leave it to a silly Neo-Clown to use a failed Charter School to rally against public schools.

One more time, you idiot....

Your source is a Charter School that you used as an example to criticize public schools .

The New American Academy is dedicated to transforming the fundamental structures of our current Prussian-industrial schooling structure to promote a culture of learning and innovation for both students and teachers.

And here's the fun part.

Only two out of 22 students passed the state math and reading tests last spring.

skul4n-1-web.jpg

Shimon Waronker, founder of New American Academy, wouldn't comment on the school's setbacks.

TNAA Charter School

Yes, you are desperate to erect a straw man, I get it.

Fallacy is as close to logic as you get.

Checking a book out of a library does not make one responsible for an affair by the librarian, you fucking moron.

:rofl:

Perhaps since I called you on your despicable PLAGURISM, lying about the actual sources in your posts and trying to pawn off the work of others as your own, the totality of the attribution you are now displaying is telling the world that you are capable only of parroting and unable to think for yourself!

Have a Nice Day Chica!

You have that in reverse....I exposed the fact that you didn't understand what plagiarism is....and, that your motivation in the attempted smear was to assuage your embarrassment in how I had to destroy you in a previous thread.

Get used to it.

Did you now! Here was my response to that sophistry at that time on the other thread, to which you couldn't respond because it fixed the lies as yours and you could not deny them!

"Really? Then where the Hell are your words, your thoughts? Why is there no lead in or no conclusion? How is the TOTALITY of that which you COPIED set aside as distinctly the work of another and not your own. Where are the REQUIRED quotation marks? Why the deviation in paragraphing from the original? Why the change in layout to your normal affected "style"? Why the improper change in the lead paragraph changing the number 8, established as the eighth point of the piece, changed to 1 as in YOUR usual style of bulleting? Why the unattributed font color change?

None of that is your work, but rather, that of another. Dropping the source at the bottom as you did is nothing but a provision for plausible deniability in your mind.

That is Rand Paul style PLAGURISM. You are really pissed because you got caught and exposed as a lazy cheat, a PLAGURIST and now a liar! You're a dishonest person with failed character!

Q.E.D." [Emphasis Added]

You were caught PLAGURIZING and then trying to cover your lie with false bravado! You corrected your bent toward PLAGURISM and I noted your attempt to redeem yourself this AM back on page 7 of this thread, but others started noticing the definite change in your style. Ya really should have kept your trap closed. Sometimes folks don't know when to just STOP rather than digging the hole they put themselves into deeper.

Our entire earlier exchange can be read on the thread, Lying About the Nuclear Deal, Page 12 if anyone is interested.

1. pla·gia·rism
ˈplājəˌrizəm/
noun
  1. the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own. Google.
Since I used both quotation marks, and provided the link to the complete original, clearly, you are a liar attempting to score points without being able to defeat the material presented.

2. Now....let's go on to give examples Liberal plagiarism: taking the words of the NYTimes, MSNBC, the DNC, Obama, Jon Stewart, etc.......and never giving credit to the source.

You simpletons do it every day.

I never do it.

3. Every OP I provide is part of a thread of 5 to 10 panels which lead to an undeniable conclusion......generally revealing how wrong, malevolent, and dishonest Liberals are...

...and that is why you have attempted to claim plagiarism.
It is the best you can do.

In short, you are, and will always be, a low-life liar.

The fact that your post I critiqued initially now has a set of quotation marks when it didn't before is beside the point. I don't know how they were added after the fact and I don't really care at this time. The fact is your remaining offenses against Fair Use of a copyrighted work still remain, including those I didn't mention previously such as the use of ellipses. Proper attribution of another's work demands that any alterations to the original be noted in an accepted manner. You failed to do that to the point it looked like your usual "style". But the problem with that was the entire post was a copy and paste and totally bereft of any word or thought of your own. That is PLAGIARISM!

Even if I erred and missed the quotation marks which now, mystically and magically appear on the post, even IF that were the case, it is still a plagiarized bit without proper the attribution. It is in the Rand Paul style of plagiarism as I stated before.

Rail on all you wish against it, but your protestations will not affect the truth of the matter. You're a PLAGIARIST! You might want to correct that defect and take some writing classes to learn how to write and attribute correctly.

I'm anything but a liar, but if that puts the wind up your skirt to deflect from your own characteristics you wish to conceal, it won't change either the Moon or the Stars or the knowledge of others to the contrary.

"... now has a set of quotation marks when it didn't before is beside the point."

See....another lie from you.

I've never added any quotation marks.

Try to learn what words mean before you attempt to use them.

There now, see that first line where you quoted me? You did everything correctly, except maybe attribute that quote to Thought Crimes...Sigh!

BTW Chica, I don't need to learn or relearn the definition of PLAGIARISM. One of my former position before retirement was as adjunct faculty at a little college in Western WA. My techy students had to write papers which could be subject to peer review based on the task/purpose. I'm pretty sure I have a grasp of what PLAGIARISM constitutes. But you tell me what I don't know about cleaver little cheats and intellectual thieves like yourself!

You have that in reverse....I exposed the fact that you didn't understand what plagiarism is....and, that your motivation in the attempted smear was to assuage your embarrassment in how I had to destroy you in a previous thread.

Get used to it.

Did you now! Here was my response to that sophistry at that time on the other thread, to which you couldn't respond because it fixed the lies as yours and you could not deny them!

"Really? Then where the Hell are your words, your thoughts? Why is there no lead in or no conclusion? How is the TOTALITY of that which you COPIED set aside as distinctly the work of another and not your own. Where are the REQUIRED quotation marks? Why the deviation in paragraphing from the original? Why the change in layout to your normal affected "style"? Why the improper change in the lead paragraph changing the number 8, established as the eighth point of the piece, changed to 1 as in YOUR usual style of bulleting? Why the unattributed font color change?

None of that is your work, but rather, that of another. Dropping the source at the bottom as you did is nothing but a provision for plausible deniability in your mind.

That is Rand Paul style PLAGURISM. You are really pissed because you got caught and exposed as a lazy cheat, a PLAGURIST and now a liar! You're a dishonest person with failed character!

Q.E.D." [Emphasis Added]

You were caught PLAGURIZING and then trying to cover your lie with false bravado! You corrected your bent toward PLAGURISM and I noted your attempt to redeem yourself this AM back on page 7 of this thread, but others started noticing the definite change in your style. Ya really should have kept your trap closed. Sometimes folks don't know when to just STOP rather than digging the hole they put themselves into deeper.

Our entire earlier exchange can be read on the thread, Lying About the Nuclear Deal, Page 12 if anyone is interested.

1. pla·gia·rism
ˈplājəˌrizəm/
noun
  1. the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own. Google.
Since I used both quotation marks, and provided the link to the complete original, clearly, you are a liar attempting to score points without being able to defeat the material presented.

2. Now....let's go on to give examples Liberal plagiarism: taking the words of the NYTimes, MSNBC, the DNC, Obama, Jon Stewart, etc.......and never giving credit to the source.

You simpletons do it every day.

I never do it.

3. Every OP I provide is part of a thread of 5 to 10 panels which lead to an undeniable conclusion......generally revealing how wrong, malevolent, and dishonest Liberals are...

...and that is why you have attempted to claim plagiarism.
It is the best you can do.

In short, you are, and will always be, a low-life liar.

The fact that your post I critiqued initially now has a set of quotation marks when it didn't before is beside the point. I don't know how they were added after the fact and I don't really care at this time. The fact is your remaining offenses against Fair Use of a copyrighted work still remain, including those I didn't mention previously such as the use of ellipses. Proper attribution of another's work demands that any alterations to the original be noted in an accepted manner. You failed to do that to the point it looked like your usual "style". But the problem with that was the entire post was a copy and paste and totally bereft of any word or thought of your own. That is PLAGIARISM!

Even if I erred and missed the quotation marks which now, mystically and magically appear on the post, even IF that were the case, it is still a plagiarized bit without proper the attribution. It is in the Rand Paul style of plagiarism as I stated before.

Rail on all you wish against it, but your protestations will not affect the truth of the matter. You're a PLAGIARIST! You might want to correct that defect and take some writing classes to learn how to write and attribute correctly.

I'm anything but a liar, but if that puts the wind up your skirt to deflect from your own characteristics you wish to conceal, it won't change either the Moon or the Stars or the knowledge of others to the contrary.

"... now has a set of quotation marks when it didn't before is beside the point."

See....another lie from you.

I've never added any quotation marks.

Try to learn what words mean before you attempt to use them.

There now, see that first line where you quoted me? You did everything correctly, except maybe attribute that quote to Thought Crimes...Sigh!

BTW Chica, I don't need to learn or relearn the definition of PLAGIARISM. One of my former position before retirement was as adjunct faculty at a little college in Western WA. My techy students had to write papers which could be subject to peer review based on the task/purpose. I'm pretty sure I have a grasp of what PLAGIARISM constitutes. But you tell me what I don't know about cleaver little cheats and intellectual thieves like yourself!

Liar.

I've never done any such thing.

She does have cut n paste down pat, I will give her that. :)

Rdean can cut and paste - so any monkey can do that. BUT deanie=weenie can't support his position when challenged, the C&P is all he has.

PC tears you leftists up, she not only supports her points, but generally reduces the forum KOS kiddies to babbling toads.

It's great fun to watch.

Bullshit

Even you don't read the shit that PC posts....neither do any other conservatives
Thats why so few conservatives post on her threads

Forum List

Back