Home schooling is booming!

It's got everything to do with you constantly shooting your mouth off as if you had the first fucking clue what goes on in real schools in the real world.

And me stepping into a school won't change the poor rankings

You know what will?
People who claim to be teachers actually teaching instead of trolling message boards during school hours.

And me stepping into a school won't change the poor rankings

You know what will?
People who claim to be teachers actually teaching instead of trolling message boards during school hours.

MA public schools are the best in the country, big mouth.

Public school education started to decline when they became unionized.

Did I mention US schools rank around 40th in the world in math and science, two fields that propel the economy of a country?

Knowing this, what the hell do we have to lose? Home school your kids.
My great nephew was homeschooled from 1st through 12th grades by parents with only a high school diploma--no college. When he was ready for high school he was enrolled in the public school but within two weeks was begging to come home. He was so far ahead of the others he said, and they waste so much time. So they home schooled him through his senior year. He went straight on to college on a full scholarship where he graduated with honors in four years. Socialization: between church, rodeo, 4-H and other such activities when growing up he has over 2000 friends on his Facebook page. You won't find another person more sociable, pleasant, well mannered, grounded, focused, bright on the planet.

My great nephew grew up on a cattle ranch some distance from civilization but almost all the young people at our church who treat the senior citizens to a lovely holiday dinner ever year are home schooled city kids. And you won't find a more fun, pleasant, enjoyable, smart, socially intelligent, well mannered group of young people anywhere.

Will that be every child's experience? Of course not. But over all home schooled kids are doing quite well. That should be at least something to consider for those parents who see the dismal state of American public schools compared to other developed countries and who are appalled at PC and 'wokeness' being made more important than basic traditional curriculum in the public schools.

Nothing is "cut off" prior to adulthood. As for "puberty blockers", female athletes have been taking them for generations and not one of you assholes said word one about how these girls were being harmed by them.

If a 13 year old wanted a tattoo, should they be allowed one?

My great nephew was homeschooled from 1st through 12th grades by parents with only a high school diploma--no college. When he was ready for high school he was enrolled in the public school but within two weeks was begging to come home. He was so far ahead of the others he said, and they waste so much time. So they home schooled him through his senior year. He went straight on to college on a full scholarship where he graduated with honors in four years. Socialization: between church, rodeo, 4-H and other such activities when growing up he has over 2000 friends on his Facebook page. You won't find another person more sociable, pleasant, well mannered, grounded, focused, bright on the planet.

My great nephew grew up on a cattle ranch some distance from civilization but almost all the young people at our church who treat the senior citizens to a lovely holiday dinner ever year are home schooled city kids. And you won't find a more fun, pleasant, enjoyable, smart, socially intelligent, well mannered group of young people anywhere.

Will that be every child's experience? Of course not. But over all home schooled kids are doing quite well. That should be at least something to consider for those parents who see the dismal state of American public schools compared to other developed countries and who are appalled at PC and 'wokeness' being made more important than basic traditional curriculum in the public schools.
I don't know why some find it so important that they trash homeschooling in the face of success like that. Since most of the objections seem to come from the left side of politics, I wonder if it has to do with the collectivism so on display over there, wherein they seemingly cannot allow parents to be more successful than the government in raising their own children. Do they really think the government is so superior to parents that control over their children must be ceded to the government?

Nothing is "cut off" prior to adulthood. As for "puberty blockers", female athletes have been taking them for generations and not one of you assholes said word one about how these girls were being harmed by them.

Those cases have been outliers, IOW, not typical and not endorsed by society. They were usually done in secret and people were rightly appalled when they found out that young people were basically being abused by coaches and parents to modify their bodies in unhealthy ways to attain the highest levels in sports. Steroid abuse comes to mind. Remember the East German female swimmers of the 80's who dominated the sport? Now, those were adults, but they were messing with their long-term health for the sake of winning, and the world opposed them. The world is being told NOT to oppose modifying young children's bodies in unhealthy ways to mollify the trans trend.

The Trans movement has become trendy. Kids who, in years past, would have gone through normal puberty and whose hormones had settled down when they attained adulthood are now encouraged by vocal elements of society to undergo permanent, life altering surgeries and hormone treatments (and yes, despite your assertions, things are cut off (Check into mastectomies done on teenaged girls). A young teenager simply doesn't have the capacity to understand what it really means to, as an adult, desperately desire children, only to remember that they were rendered sterile by things they did to their bodies at a young age.

No, the bottom line remains, we have no business messing with young, developing bodies. Let them attain adulthood so they can make truly informed decisions about permanent changes like this.

Forum List

Back