Private Sector Workers Need To Sacrifice

More people just need to understand the difference between Private Sector Unions and Public Sector Unions. I think most just don't get that. Private Sector issues should be left to those Employees and their Employers. Government & Taxpayers shouldn't be involved with that. However,Public Sector Unions are everyone's business. They directly impact Taxpayers. Public Unions and the Democrats have raped American Taxpayers for decades. This has to change. These Unions have outlived any use they may have had in the past. The Taxpayers don't want them. Period,end of story.

Private Sector issues should be between them and their Employers. Taxpayers shouldn't be involved with that at all. GM and the Corporate fatcat Banks should not have been bailed out with Taxpayer cash. So only the American Taxpayer "sacrificed" there. That was just wrong. But for the most part it's the Public Sector Unions who constantly coerce Government to raise taxes to enrich themselves and the Democratic Party. So people are right to be much more concerned with them. It directly affects them. The Taxpayers always pay when the Public Unions start screeching about more benefits & cash. So the Private Sector can sacrifice all they want,but it's still the Public Sector Unions who are bleeding the Taxpayers. They need to be run out of town.

And what you call bleeding is educating your children, and handling your financial and family affairs. ie DMV, education, property, pass ports, etc. If you want to get rid of public sector workers, undermine and regulate all the government laws. It seems ridiculous to buy a $40,000. car and then be told you need a government license, drivers license, forced insurance, and it is a "privilege" to drive it on highways you own.

But saving America from a total collapse will require a sacrifice from the private sector to help stimulate the economy and hire more workers. I don't see anyway we can get around that fact.

And a person living on a pension funded 100% by there employer isn't welfare ?

That's a Private Sector issue. That's between the Employee and their Employer. Government & Taxpayers should not be involved with that. Pubic Sector issues are a whole different animal though. Public Unions are funded by the Taxpayers. So that directly impacts them. It's certainly no coincidence that Public Unions have spent several $Billions over the years lobbying Government to raise Taxes. They have raped the American Taxpayer for far too long. It's time to ban Public Unions all together. The People really don't want them.

More people just need to understand the difference between Private Sector Unions and Public Sector Unions. I think most just don't get that. Private Sector issues should be left to those Employees and their Employers. Government & Taxpayers shouldn't be involved with that. However,Public Sector Unions are everyone's business. They directly impact Taxpayers. Public Unions and the Democrats have raped American Taxpayers for decades. This has to change. These Unions have outlived any use they may have had in the past. The Taxpayers don't want them. Period,end of story.

Private sector unions are as bad. Sure, when they started they were necessary, now they are a glaring example of one of the things that's killing America. That is not the case with the ones that represent coal miners or minors in general and high tension power line workers who actually contribute to our country. The rest are no good. Just look at the product they produce.

they negotiated it as a benefit with their private employer...if their employer agreed, then we should have no say, what so ever in it....it's up to the employee, union and employer...

it's none or your beeswax....basically.

they negotiated it as a benefit with their private employer...if their employer agreed, then we should have no say, what so ever in it....it's up to the employee, union and employer...

I agree, as long as when that employer goes bankrupt, or is threatening to do so, the government doesn't bail it out.

The part you don't get is that it is in the American worker's interest to have that too. When we can get goods or services for less, then that means those companies make more money, which they distribute to stock holders, put into new projects, etc. They compete better with foreign companies (who are doing the same). Consumers then buy other things. Economic efficiency benefits everyone because the country is richer. But what you can't do is chain yourself to a job. You need to take the responsibility to go where the jobs are. If today's liberals had been around 100 years ago we'd still have blacksmiths. And no, we would not have more jobs because of that. It's ironic that the people who call themselves "liberals" have the most reactionary fear of change.

That seems like the cold hard facts for the workers of America. Take pay cuts so your corporation can compete globally and make a profit for stock holders. Even though you can buy less, the corporation can make more globally which helps it expand and hire more American workers, which lowers taxes with less unemployed or welfare cases working.
That's true for the incompetent, the lazy and the unmotivated, true. But who gives a rip about them except the Democrats who reward lack of effort and discourage achievement. Good workers who work hard love it though because they are invaluable to their companies and they get the chance to earn more money, get more perks and greater recognition. It really comes down to what you want to reward. As a business owner, we make the most money when everyone benefits. Me, customers, vendors, and employees. If any of them suffer, it will ultimately effect the rest.

They are taking cuts in pay & benefits. I call that a sacrifice. And the public sector needs to do the same. Everybody doesn't share your whine that you chose to drink. The average family health care cost is $527. a month, and the teachers educate your children I pay taxes for as well. An average CEO or laborer can afford to take a 20% cut to help stimulate the economy. Some will suffer more than others, but it is for the benefit of the country you chose to live in and use. Without the sacrifice, the country will fall by the wayside, and that will be the end of your business. I also feel the cuts should reach down to lower income people as well, everyone will need to tighten their belts.

My kids go to private school, but I would take a non-union teacher in my School district to any union teacher in any other district. The quality of education is superior, and even when it sucks the kids can at least read when they drop out of school. as for tightening the belts, the private sector has been doing it for about five years now. It's the freeloaders turn now. And we are an average family and the wife pays $700.00 a month for health care. union members pay zero. They will collect full pay when they retire and until they die and pay nothing into there pensions. Normal folks get 401-K and have to pay into that. The private sector got hurt by the recession more then the union leaches so the unions can go first. By the way, which union do you belong to ?

I don't think the scabs have made any concessions like the Union has. I am no longer a proud Union member. I retired in 1990. The Unions are taking pay cuts and making concessions as well.

"In a 2010 survey by the National League of Cities, 51 percent of the cities that responded said they had either cut or frozen salaries of city employees, 22 percent said they had revised union contracts to reduce some pay and benefits, and 19 percent said they had instituted furloughs."

So now it is the private sectors turn. A union members pension, like medical is part of his overall package, like a CEO, etc., from negotiations of employment. Private people don't negotiate, so many receive no benefits. Unions are strong, individuals are weak and have no bargaining rights unless they hire themselves a lawyer or employment negotiator. The free loaders at the top and the bottom will make the 20% cut as well. Everybody should help to make this work.
Scabs?.......Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, you've been learning big words from your daddy.....Geeeee, maybe when you grow up and get a job, lil' one, there still may be a union left for you to join.

Doubt it though!........People are getting tired of unions trying to hold the taxpayers hostage, while going for the rip off.

And what you call bleeding is educating your children, and handling your financial and family affairs. ie DMV, education, property, pass ports, etc. If you want to get rid of public sector workers, undermine and regulate all the government laws. It seems ridiculous to buy a $40,000. car and then be told you need a government license, drivers license, forced insurance, and it is a "privilege" to drive it on highways you own

So our choices are to have no limit on the number of government workers or to get rid of them all? Our choices are to allow unions to negotiate checks with bureaucrats and send us the bill or undermine and regulate all government laws?

Why are those our only choices and who are you that you get to limit us to choosing between those polar extremes?

and no tax dollars go to private union ? they get no kick backs from the government ? And a privilege few benefit from thees deals. Take GM, an already inferior union product . they assemble there product in Mexico. They are responsible for jobs going over seas to Chinese prisoners whose only motivation is a gun in there ear. Go Union. They are destroying the country I live in so it is my bees wax.

My kids go to private school, but I would take a non-union teacher in my School district to any union teacher in any other district. The quality of education is superior, and even when it sucks the kids can at least read when they drop out of school. as for tightening the belts, the private sector has been doing it for about five years now. It's the freeloaders turn now. And we are an average family and the wife pays $700.00 a month for health care. union members pay zero. They will collect full pay when they retire and until they die and pay nothing into there pensions. Normal folks get 401-K and have to pay into that. The private sector got hurt by the recession more then the union leaches so the unions can go first. By the way, which union do you belong to ?

I don't think the scabs have made any concessions like the Union has. I am no longer a proud Union member. I retired in 1990. The Unions are taking pay cuts and making concessions as well.

"In a 2010 survey by the National League of Cities, 51 percent of the cities that responded said they had either cut or frozen salaries of city employees, 22 percent said they had revised union contracts to reduce some pay and benefits, and 19 percent said they had instituted furloughs."

So now it is the private sectors turn. A union members pension, like medical is part of his overall package, like a CEO, etc., from negotiations of employment. Private people don't negotiate, so many receive no benefits. Unions are strong, individuals are weak and have no bargaining rights unless they hire themselves a lawyer or employment negotiator. The free loaders at the top and the bottom will make the 20% cut as well. Everybody should help to make this work.
Scabs?.......Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, you've been learning big words from your daddy.....Geeeee, maybe when you grow up and get a job, lil' one, there still may be a union left for you to join.

Doubt it though!........People are getting tired of unions trying to hold the taxpayers hostage, while going for the rip off.

You misquoted, he was a welfare case since 1990.

and no tax dollars go to private union ? they get no kick backs from the government ? And a privilege few benefit from thees deals. Take GM, an already inferior union product . they assemble there product in Mexico. They are responsible for jobs going over seas to Chinese prisoners whose only motivation is a gun in there ear. Go Union. They are destroying the country I live in so it is my bees wax.

unions did not kill GM, GM management killed GM by not producing the products that consumers demand, the union workers had nothing at all to do with that....lousy GM management did....the non union bosses at the top made the bad decisions.

and as I have also said, GM management agreed to the benefits, while in negotiations....this is GM'S FAULT, not the unions for asking.

I agree, as long as when that employer goes bankrupt, or is threatening to do so, the government doesn't bail it out.

The government shouldn't be bailing anyone out at anytime for any reason. But the fact is, government has a long list of bailouts, and just because GM is Union is no reason to refuse them the same treatment you have given to nonUnion businesses for years. You are being hypocritical here, whether you know it or not fishy.

Take a look at this partial list (prolly the biggest ones) of bail outs:

http://www.propublica.org/special/government-bailouts

Last edited:
Unfortunately most Americans probably don't know the difference between Private Sector Unions and Public Sector Unions. Too busy watching Jersey Shore and obsessing over Charlie Sheen's personal life i guess. Public Unions & Democrats have been raping American Taxpayers for several decades. They've spent $Billions on lobbying Government to raise Taxes. They serve no purpose anymore. Their time has passed.

unions did not kill GM, GM management killed GM by not producing the products that consumers demand, the union workers had nothing at all to do with that....lousy GM management did....the non union bosses at the top made the bad decisions.

and as I have also said, GM management agreed to the benefits, while in negotiations....this is GM'S FAULT, not the unions for asking.
Actually it was both management and unions. It was also government. GM management did make many bad decisions including holding onto large car models too long. But when they tried to change, Unions fought them tooth and nail to prevent automatizing processes, get labor costs in line with reality, closing unproductive plants, extending hours and so forth. Right to Work States and offshore production then destroyed it as it stagnated reacting far too slowly to changing environments. I'm from Michigan and a Michigan MBA, the car companies recruited me heavily. I went to NY to work in management consulting instead.

Actually it was both management and unions. It was also government. GM management did make many bad decisions including holding onto large car models too long. But when they tried to change, Unions fought them tooth and nail to prevent automatizing processes, get labor costs in line with reality, closing unproductive plants, extending hours and so forth. Right to Work States and offshore production then destroyed it as it stagnated reacting far too slowly to changing environments. I'm from Michigan and a Michigan MBA, the car companies recruited me heavily. I went to NY to work in management consulting instead.

the corporations can say NO.....they didn't, they agreed to the pension packages etc, when they were in their hay day I presume....regardless, there would be no pension plan problem IF GM HAD produced what the customers wanted.....their sales DROPPED and their pensions became a burden for them BECAUSE of bad management decisions.....

the unions do not have MORE power than the corporation and union negotiations....it is an equally shared position. Gm had no foresight on where their products should be going....and this is their downfall....

if they had produced what customers wanted, there would be no problem...

As the saying goes...."Sales... heals all wounds"....they didn't have the sales, because they did not create and produce, what the customers wanted. Period. the buck stops there...imho.

Poor wimpy jester, still slaving away at his nonUnion job, while his daddy Shintao retired from the Union in 1990 at the age of 45 and has been enjoying a work free vacation ever since. What is taking you so loooooooooong Wimpy? Doesn't your dishwasher job pay you enough to retire, you poor lil weak individual.

When you can afford one of these on your dishwasher job, let me know. By the way, this was paid for thanks to Union wages I invested when I was kid like you.

Shintaohome.jpg

Last edited:
So all the people who pushed for GM Workers to be bailed out,are now pushing for Private Sector Workers to sacrifice? Gee,how convenient. Where were you guys back then? What a crazy crazy world.

So all the people who pushed for GM Workers to be bailed out,are now pushing for Private Sector Workers to sacrifice? Gee,how convenient. Where were you guys back then? What a crazy crazy world.

the gm workers were not bailed out....

GM the corporation, was BAILED OUT....

the union workers gave up some of their benefits and pay promises on the deal, and took some stock in lieu of...is my understanding....and they had no idea whether that stock would ever come through or the company would still go belly up, down the road.

this crapola of bashing the union workers is just partisan spin, partisan politics....the union workers DID TAKE CUTS in the deal, yet you all seem to NEGLECT mentioning this truth.

Forum List

Back