Why I voted Democrat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by get_involved, Feb 26, 2011.

1. get_involved

get_involved Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +565
    I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I voted Democrat because I feel minorities should have more rights than whites to make up for injustices which happened decades ago. I feel guilty being white.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in twenty years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as theDemocrats see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions of dollars for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, . . . and your government when it deserves it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  2. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    I think we should tax corporations and insurance companies more.. it's not like their going to pass it on to the consumer after all...:eusa_shhh:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  3. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,128
    exxon mobile makes about 8% profit, NOT 4%....(walmart makes about 4%)

exxonmobile had 55% INCREASE for third quarter 2010....not shabby at all...

I wouldn't be crying the blues for them....

4. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,128
    what are the ''more rights'' that minorities have?

no one has any more ''rights'' than the next citizen, as far as i am aware?

5. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,128
    the rest of your post is just nonsense....silly goose stuff, getinvolved!

6. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,015

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  7. get_involved

get_involved Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Affirmative action for one.

8. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,128
    ohhhhhhh, but AA is not a ''right''....it is a law....laws can change at the flip of a dime....''rights'' as in the constitutional Bill of ''Rights'' can not be stripped or added to so easily....

9. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I really feel sorry for the big oil companies, but it seems we can't afford their gasoline even at a 4% profit. In hard times, everybody has to share the burden, so we can cut big oil out of the main picture and go to National oil to lower transportation and energy costs in America, which will help out corporations who are suffering from the high oil costs as well. National oil can lower the cost of one gallon of gasoline down to $2.00, and also finance full National Health Care for everybody.

As long as there is discrimination there will be programs for equal rights. When you get tired of feeling guilty, do something about the white boys who make you that way.

You wouldn't know the first thing about running a government, so pay your share & STFU is my advice.

Businesses make profits, but consumers pay their taxes for them.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  10. JFK_USA

JFK_USA Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +725
    AA is a law. It can be repealed. Republicans had majorities from 2001-2007, didn't do a god damn thing about it, so why don't you go run to papa bear and he'll make it all better.

BTW, its equal OPPORTUNITY, Not equal hire. Yes I know that sometimes one gender and one race has an advantage. But in vet schools, men actually get diversity and get accepted much easier than women. It goes both ways. But they usually hire the best candidates. But alot of times, these diversity hires are in field where their is no diversity at all and people are disengaged from going into a field because they feel not wanted. Its helped break alot of barriers, men are becoming nurses, females are becoming surgeons. It helped alot.