Los Angeles mayor is asking rich people to buy houses for the homeless. Think they'll do it?

The last time California built low income housing the units cost a million or more each. Donations paid for construction but the apartments were all sold as luxury condos with a nice profit.

Now they want money to buy existing homes. Where? Cheap but crime ridden South Central? No. The best solution is to convert the office buildings. Business districts in Los Angeles are crime ridden ghost towns with hulks of empty office buildings fighting off scavengers and squatters.

Los Angeles needs to change it's zoning, permitting, and tax laws to allow about 30,000,000 high rise apartments people can afford to buy.

Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego County, and Riverside County, all need high density housing, downtown and near industrial centers.
It really can't be done. Too many earthquakes.

Actually, she is looking for donations from business leaders and philanthropic organizations to buy houses/buildings for people who are struggling to live there.

Why would you have a problem with that? Would you rather see them homeless?
Yes

This should be interesting.

LOL

“We are asking the most fortunate Angelenos to participate in this effort, with personal, private sector and philanthropic funds – to help us acquire more properties, lower the cost of capital and speed up housing,” Bass explained. “This is the mission of our new capital campaign, LA4LA.”

The leftists rich people better! Or they are hypocrites.

We cant build tall buildings in southern california because of earthquakes? You better tell the greatest engineers in the world. The 15th tallest building in the USA, at 1100 feet is in Los Angeles.

No offence intended, but don't you ever get tired of being wrong just about every time you post?
1713628109684.png

1713628238647.png

Los Angeles needs to change it's zoning, permitting, and tax laws to allow about 30,000,000 high rise apartments people can afford to buy.

Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego County, and Riverside County, all need high density housing, downtown and near industrial centers.
We cant build tall buildings in southern california because of earthquakes? You better tell the greatest engineers in the world. The 15th tallest building in the USA, at 1100 feet is in Los Angeles.
Is it a residential building?
Residents reside in the 889 room hotel in the 15th largest building of the United States in America which is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.

If you could evilrat breath, explain what difference it makes if it is a residential building or simply a mixed use building which has 1,000's of people in it daily and throughout the night?

Most wealthy people got there by making wise life choices and investments. Buying homes for the homeless does not fit that model.

Residents reside in the 889 room hotel in the 15th largest building of the United States in America which is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.

If you could evilrat breath, explain what difference it makes if it is a residential building or simply a mixed use building which has 1,000's of people in it daily and throughout the night?
Residential buildings have different construction requirements. I have been in a ton of earthquakes including a high rise. Those buildings sway, a lot. The earthquake mitigation requirements for residential buildings are much stricter than for commercial space which makes construction way more expensive. Too expensive for low income housing. Last time affordable housing was built, it bottomed at a million dollars per unit.

Is it a residential building?
Is the tallest building in Los Angeles a residential building? What does that have to do with the fact that we can build tall buildings in Los Angeles where people can purchase inexpensive condominiums or apartments to live in?

Los Angeles has building high rise buildings for the rich, at least since 1968. I think it is safe to say, 50 years after 1968 we can build another safe high rise condominium for average people in downtown Los Angeles.

• Floors
  • Bunker Hill Tower offers luxury high-rise condominiums in downtown Los Angeles, just minutes away from freeways, entertainment & shopping.
1713637697615.png

Most wealthy people got there by making wise life choices and investments. Buying homes for the homeless does not fit that model.
I did not state that we need to buy homes, for the homeless?

You believe is a person with a family makes a mistake in life, or does not make a wise choice for a career, they should be homeless?

If that is you, we do not need you or people that think mistakes and poor career choices should result in homelessness.

Is the tallest building in Los Angeles a residential building? What does that have to do with the fact that we can build tall buildings in Los Angeles where people can purchase inexpensive condominiums or apartments to live in?

Los Angeles has building high rise buildings for the rich, at least since 1968. I think it is safe to say, 50 years after 1968 we can build another safe high rise condominium for average people in downtown Los Angeles.

View attachment 934986
The HOA is $1,788.00 a month. What do you think these condos sell for? It's not affordable housing.

Residential buildings have different construction requirements. I have been in a ton of earthquakes including a high rise. Those buildings sway, a lot.
You are full of shit, being in a earthquake does not qualify your statement that we can not build a residential skyscraper another skyscraper where a hotel has 1000 people or more people sleeping every night.

Shit, I been in tons of earthquakes as well to include a swaying skyscraper, now I am as qualified as you are.

The 15th tallest building in the USA is located in Los Angeles, and is not the only tall building in Los Angeles where over a 1000 people a night sleep.

I did not state that we need to buy homes, for the homeless?
Is that a question?
You believe is a person with a family makes a mistake in life, or does not make a wise choice for a career, they should be homeless?
People who consistently make poor life choices often end up with poor lives. Having a family has nothing to do with it, although it may be a contributing factor if you can’t afford kids.

If that is you, we do not need you or people that think mistakes and poor career choices should result in homelessness.
It’s not a matter of what I think should or shouldn’t happen, it’s just a fact of life. You make dumb choices, bad things result. It doesn’t mean you can’t purchase a home, but it certainly makes it more difficult.

The HOA is $1,788.00 a month. What do you think these condos sell for? It's not affordable housing.
That is why we should build high rise apartments that are affordable.

More proof that Democrats do not have the knowledge, imagination, the creativeness to lead America or help the homeless or those of us who wish to simply live in downtown Los Angeles.

You are full of shit, being in a earthquake does not qualify your statement that we can not build a residential skyscraper another skyscraper where a hotel has 1000 people or more people sleeping every night.

Shit, I been in tons of earthquakes as well to include a swaying skyscraper, now I am as qualified as you are.

The 15th tallest building in the USA is located in Los Angeles, and is not the only tall building in Los Angeles where over a 1000 people a night sleep.
No one will pay for high rise affordable housing in Los Angeles. There are too many earthquakes. We could have the same construction requirements as say India, or Honduras and then build them. When they collapse, don't cry.

Is that a question? Of course not, I am confused how you would imply or state that I said we must by homes for the homeless when I have never ever stated that.
Read the title of the thread.
Regardless, you quoted me and I responded.

No one will pay for high rise affordable housing in Los Angeles. There are too many earthquakes. We could have the same construction requirements as say India, or Honduras and then build them. When they collapse, don't cry.
hahahahahaha
Yet there are high rise apartments, and the more you build, the more the price of housing goes down.

Again, your idea that people can not live in a high rise because there are Earthquakes is proven ignorant by the tens of thousands of people that live in high rise apartments throughout california.

More proof that Democrats do not have the education to solve problems.

Forum List

Back