Biden 'cancels' nearly $6B in student loans for public sector workers

If we both buy taxable items, like described below:
1). Person A buys $100 and pays a tax of $9, or 9%
2). Person B buys $10,000 and pays $90, or 0.9%

Person B pays 10X the tax but 1/10 the Rate.

This matters, and is NOT a fair system.

LOLLOOLLLLL, it's both silly kitty. See Above response.

See Your First Comment above.
So which is it?
You want a Flat tax were everyone pays the same RATE or not.

You think taxes are supposed to impose "fairness". I think taxes are supposed to fund government. A minimal government at that.

I'll take a flat tax with say a $50k deductible for everyone.

Avoids the game of tax deductions and making rates of 35% to get 10%.
It’ll never happen. The rich elites in your party won’t allow you to get rid of their loopholes. It doesn’t explain the massive hypocrisy on the right wing.

It’ll never happen. The rich elites in your party won’t allow you to get rid of their loopholes. It doesn’t explain the massive hypocrisy on the right wing.

Sorry, but most of the "rich elites" support your party these days.

You're the party of affluent idiots.

So Trump isn’t a “rich elite”?

He's rich, and he used to be part of the bon mot class, but unlike them he hasn't decided he can run my life better than I can.

That is the crux of the progressive mindset, as my sig describes.

in the PO if you are on disability and you start doing something you aint supposed to be doing....the postal inspectors will catch you...i have seen this at least 3-4 x....when you are on disability leave you are being watched....

Evidently not enough watching, and that's the PO.

Then you have the famous "rubber rooms" of the NYC public school system.

Wow, now that the laughing has finally died down, let's take a look at what you're attempting to compare:

One is the forgiveness of a debt, a debt that was taken on voluntarily and in which the borrower received a cash payment that they are no longer required to pay back. The money has become a flat-out gift.
The other is a reduction in the amount of money that is forcibly confiscated from what a person has legally earned through his hard work and expertise.

Anyone who thinks those two can in any way be actually compared has their extremely difficult work cut out for them convincing the rest of us of the same.
One helps the economy.

The other is a giveaway for campaign cash and political favors.

He's rich, and he used to be part of the bon mot class, but unlike them he hasn't decided he can run my life better than I can.

That is the crux of the progressive mindset, as my sig describes.
He isn’t you savior Marty?

You disloyal piece of shit RINO.

The first group Biden cancelled payments for a year ago have still not been given their loan cancellations and are still making payments....

How is it not?
The government is offering an incentive for higher education as it leads to higher tax revenue during their lifetime of work.

The government uses programs like this for all sorts of things.

Merely paying an old person mortgage doesn't have any tangible benefit to the government.

Forum List

Back