Pres. to pull a spate of security clearances from X intel heads...Brennan's ticket done been punched

Sahba

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2018
VT & NH
Trump pulls security clearance of ex-CIA Director John Brennan

Man alive, was this ever overdue or what!

‘Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation’s most closely held secrets.’

By REBECCA MORIN

08/15/2018 02:46 PM EDT

Updated 08/15/2018 07:27 PM EDT

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
President Donald Trump on Wednesday revoked the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, who has become a harsh critic of the president, and appeared to be targeting others who have disagreed with the administration.

“Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation’s most closely held secrets and facilities, the very aim of our adversaries which is to sow division and chaos,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, reading a statement from Trump while briefing reporters on Wednesday.

“Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high-ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations — wild outbursts on the internet and television — about this Administration,“ the president‘s statement continued.

In addition, Sanders said, the administration is evaluating clearances for former FBI Director James Comey, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden, former national security adviser Susan Rice, former FBI attorney Lisa Page, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, former FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, whose security clearance was deactivated after he was fired earlier this year, and Bruce Ohr, who is still in the Justice Department although he was demoted from associate deputy attorney general.

“More broadly, the issue of Mr. Brennan’s security clearance raises larger questions about the practice of former officials maintaining access to our nation’s most sensitive secrets long after their time in government has ended,” Sanders said.

Brennan later responded on Twitter.

“This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics,” he wrote. “It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent," he wrote.

While he's at it, I hope Omarosa gets her mouth washed out with soap... (at the very least)!!!

Security clearances are a privilege and not a right. Classified material has always been released on a Need to Know basis. Why does someone like Brennan have a Need to Know?

I agree. If you are no longer in Govt. then you sure as shit don't need a security clearance.

If for some reason you do, then one can be issued.

Only idiots would make a big deal out of this. Anyone with a working brain cell sees it for what it is.

Brennan and Clapper are traitors and hacks

Their opinions are like the results of a bad burrito

-Geaux

Pulling Brennan’s security clearance is a disaster. Who’s gonna pass along all that secret stuff to Putin now that the guy who supported a communist for president no longer has access? I mean they can’t survive forever with just the secret stuff they gleaned from the Hildebeast’s unsecured server.

‘Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation’s most closely held secrets.’

By REBECCA MORIN

President Donald Trump on Wednesday revoked the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, who has become a harsh critic of the president, and appeared to be targeting others who have disagreed with the administration.

“Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation’s most closely held secrets and facilities, the very aim of our adversaries which is to sow division and chaos,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, reading a statement from Trump while briefing reporters on Wednesday.

“Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high-ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations — wild outbursts on the internet and television — about this Administration,“ the president‘s statement continued.

In addition, Sanders said, the administration is evaluating clearances for former FBI Director James Comey, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden, former national security adviser Susan Rice, former FBI attorney Lisa Page, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, former FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, whose security clearance was deactivated after he was fired earlier this year, and Bruce Ohr, who is still in the Justice Department although he was demoted from associate deputy attorney general.

“More broadly, the issue of Mr. Brennan’s security clearance raises larger questions about the practice of former officials maintaining access to our nation’s most sensitive secrets long after their time in government has ended,” Sanders said.

“This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics,” he wrote. “It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent," he wrote.

While he's at it, I hope Omarosa gets her mouth washed out with soap... (at the very least)!!!

Hopefully they will get them back in 2020. Everything Trump did can be undone.

I'd say Trump has the filthiest mouth of all and his tongue should be cut out. When a man sins , remember better to do away with the offending part, to save his soul.
take his hands, and his eyes as well.

(I see he is the ultimate Christian now)

The Evangelicals don't like this part of the bible, LOL.

Security clearances are a privilege and not a right. Classified material has always been released on a Need to Know basis. Why does someone like Brennan have a Need to Know?

I agree. If you are no longer in Govt. then you sure as shit don't need a security clearance.

If for some reason you do, then one can be issued.

Only idiots would make a big deal out of this. Anyone with a working brain cell sees it for what it is.

Hundreds of contractors have them, actually Trump should not have one or Kushner.

Brennan spied on congess and lied to them about doing it. What exactly does he need a security clearance from? It is not like he is going to walk into the CIA today or tomorrow and go back to work. Having a security clearance after leaving was an oversight of the government and they should have revoked everyone as they walked out the door. If for some unforeseen reason one of them suddenly needed the clearance again it would not be that hard to reinstate.

If you work at a company they don't allow you to keep the company car, they don't allow the CEO to keep the company jet. You don't get to take your desk and chair when you leave. Most companies don't let you walk out the door with your computer under your arm.

But some want to see this as an act of aggression or some other crazy spin. It is simply a matter of finally doing what should have been done from the vary start.

Does the protection of the nation depend on partisanship. I don't think so. You can't toss their years of knowledge out the door unless they are like Trump, a traitor.

Does the protection of the nation depend on partisanship. I don't think so. You can't toss their years of knowledge out the door unless they are like Trump, a traitor.

Oh for Christ's sakes. Trump and every POTUS can have security clearances removed when people leave their posts.

You sure are one dumb jackass.

By REBECCA MORIN

a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations — wild outbursts on the internet and television — about this Administration,“
It would be real interesting if the administration was willing to back that up with the examples of such wild outbursts. There are no unfounded and outrageous allegations. Just opinions that the President is all butt hurt about.
So he abuses his power to punish Brennan in his own petty, little hands way.

Oh for Christ's sakes. Trump and every POTUS can have security clearances removed when people leave their posts.

You're the one playing dumb. Get some education on this. Not just from InfoWars, either.

The conventional (also known as correct and intelligent) wisdom is to have as many experienced, knowledgeable, and patriotic eyes looking at intel; hearing as many different voices as you can, and making the decision based on rock hard analysis; not on how “strong” or how enamored you are with foreign leaders or what personal score you have to settle with a foreign nation. More people with clearances is a good thing as long as they are vetted and not named Jared Kushner.

Stripping people’s credentials makes us weaker; not stronger. Thus, it’s a bad idea.

That being said In terms of Trump-esque bad ideas, this is several megatons less than Spaceforce, legalized kidnapping, giving farmers who are already subsidized another $12B dollars we’ll never see again, adding a Trillion to the debt to give he and his buddies more tax breaks, and dozen other major fuck ups. Essentially, its a nothing burger. I’m surprised there is a thread started about it…i

By REBECCA MORIN

Great move by the president -- he is just giving those libs the same treatment Obama gave former Bush intelligence officials

Remember when Obama pulled Stephen Hadley's sec clearance and when he totally owned Michael Hayden by snatching his clearance??

So its only fair that Trump does the same.

You're the one playing dumb. Get some education on this. Not just from InfoWars, either.

No you are the one who's a jackass.

Explain to all of us why someone leaving Govt. should keep a security clearance??

If they need one, another can be issued.

You really are a jackass.

The conventional (also known as correct and intelligent) wisdom is to have as many experienced, knowledgeable, and patriotic eyes looking at intel; hearing as many different voices as you can, and making the decision based on rock hard analysis; not on how “strong” or how enamored you are with foreign leaders or what personal score you have to settle with a foreign nation. More people with clearances is a good thing as long as they are vetted and not named Jared Kushner.

Stripping people’s credentials makes us weaker; not stronger. Thus, it’s a bad idea.

That being said In terms of Trump-esque bad ideas, this is several megatons less than Spaceforce, legalized kidnapping, giving farmers who are already subsidized another $12B dollars we’ll never see again, adding a Trillion to the debt to give he and his buddies more tax breaks, and dozen other major fuck ups. Essentially, its a nothing burger. I’m surprised there is a thread started about it…i
To me, this is the worst thing since the travel ban.

To me, this is the worst thing since the travel ban.

ok

No you are the one who's a jackass.

Explain to all of us why someone leaving Govt. should keep a security clearance??

If they need one, another can be issued.

You really are a jackass.
Calling me a jackass doesn't make you right. You're making all kinds of misstatements here. It has been traditional for people to keep their clearances unless there is a valid reason to have it revoked. Saying something the POTUS doesn't like is NOT a valid reason.
If you want to change the policies of the intelligence agencies that have always stood regarding security clearances, by all means talk to them about it. It's never been a big issue on my list before, but if it covers your president's ass, I can see where it would suddenly be high on your list of priorities.

Forum List

Back