Pres. to pull a spate of security clearances from X intel heads...Brennan's ticket done been punched

Trump pulls security clearance of ex-CIA Director John Brennan

Man alive, was this ever overdue or what!

ā€˜Mr. Brennanā€™s lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nationā€™s most closely held secrets.ā€™

By REBECCA MORIN

08/15/2018 02:46 PM EDT

Updated 08/15/2018 07:27 PM EDT

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
President Donald Trump on Wednesday revoked the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, who has become a harsh critic of the president, and appeared to be targeting others who have disagreed with the administration.

ā€œMr. Brennanā€™s lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nationā€™s most closely held secrets and facilities, the very aim of our adversaries which is to sow division and chaos,ā€ White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, reading a statement from Trump while briefing reporters on Wednesday.

ā€œMr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high-ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations ā€” wild outbursts on the internet and television ā€” about this Administration,ā€œ the presidentā€˜s statement continued.

In addition, Sanders said, the administration is evaluating clearances for former FBI Director James Comey, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden, former national security adviser Susan Rice, former FBI attorney Lisa Page, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, former FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, whose security clearance was deactivated after he was fired earlier this year, and Bruce Ohr, who is still in the Justice Department although he was demoted from associate deputy attorney general.

ā€œMore broadly, the issue of Mr. Brennanā€™s security clearance raises larger questions about the practice of former officials maintaining access to our nationā€™s most sensitive secrets long after their time in government has ended,ā€ Sanders said.

Brennan later responded on Twitter.

ā€œThis action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics,ā€ he wrote. ā€œIt should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent," he wrote.

While he's at it, I hope Omarosa gets her mouth washed out with soap... (at the very least)!!!
Trump is a coward fearful of warranted dissent and criticism, and seeks to silence justified opposition through intimidation.

This is further proof of how petty Trump is, and that Trump is unfit to be president.
ā€œIt should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out

Yes. It's one thing being called a pig or a dog, but this is going beyond the pale and I hope he gets in trouble for it.
But you were OK with Brennanā€™s spying and lying about it?
The man has demonstrated he is not to be trusted - Iā€™m surprised the revocation of his security clearance took so long.
Trump wonā€™t be getting into any trouble over it, so get over yourself already. Lol.

Brennan spied on congess and lied to them about doing it. What exactly does he need a security clearance from? It is not like he is going to walk into the CIA today or tomorrow and go back to work. Having a security clearance after leaving was an oversight of the government and they should have revoked everyone as they walked out the door. If for some unforeseen reason one of them suddenly needed the clearance again it would not be that hard to reinstate.

If you work at a company they don't allow you to keep the company car, they don't allow the CEO to keep the company jet. You don't get to take your desk and chair when you leave. Most companies don't let you walk out the door with your computer under your arm.

But some want to see this as an act of aggression or some other crazy spin. It is simply a matter of finally doing what should have been done from the vary start.

I don't understand why Congress didn't have the US Marshalls arrest Brenner on the spot.

Brenner was a co-conspirator in a genuine coup d'etat

When, and back up what you say. Because he was pro the Russian investigation, I mean that is the reason Trump gave for taking his clearance away.

Brennan spied on congess and lied to them about doing it. What exactly does he need a security clearance from? It is not like he is going to walk into the CIA today or tomorrow and go back to work. Having a security clearance after leaving was an oversight of the government and they should have revoked everyone as they walked out the door. If for some unforeseen reason one of them suddenly needed the clearance again it would not be that hard to reinstate.

If you work at a company they don't allow you to keep the company car, they don't allow the CEO to keep the company jet. You don't get to take your desk and chair when you leave. Most companies don't let you walk out the door with your computer under your arm.

But some want to see this as an act of aggression or some other crazy spin. It is simply a matter of finally doing what should have been done from the vary start.

I don't understand why Congress didn't have the US Marshalls arrest Brenner on the spot.

Brenner was a co-conspirator in a genuine coup d'etat

When, and back up what you say. Because he was pro the Russian investigation, I mean that is the reason Trump gave for taking his clearance away.

Brennan is a tool. Can't believe he was ever a real spy

Man alive, was this ever overdue or what!

ā€˜Mr. Brennanā€™s lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nationā€™s most closely held secrets.ā€™

By REBECCA MORIN

08/15/2018 02:46 PM EDT

Updated 08/15/2018 07:27 PM EDT

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
President Donald Trump on Wednesday revoked the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, who has become a harsh critic of the president, and appeared to be targeting others who have disagreed with the administration.

ā€œMr. Brennanā€™s lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nationā€™s most closely held secrets and facilities, the very aim of our adversaries which is to sow division and chaos,ā€ White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, reading a statement from Trump while briefing reporters on Wednesday.

ā€œMr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high-ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations ā€” wild outbursts on the internet and television ā€” about this Administration,ā€œ the presidentā€˜s statement continued.

In addition, Sanders said, the administration is evaluating clearances for former FBI Director James Comey, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden, former national security adviser Susan Rice, former FBI attorney Lisa Page, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, former FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, whose security clearance was deactivated after he was fired earlier this year, and Bruce Ohr, who is still in the Justice Department although he was demoted from associate deputy attorney general.

ā€œMore broadly, the issue of Mr. Brennanā€™s security clearance raises larger questions about the practice of former officials maintaining access to our nationā€™s most sensitive secrets long after their time in government has ended,ā€ Sanders said.

Brennan later responded on Twitter.

ā€œThis action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics,ā€ he wrote. ā€œIt should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent," he wrote.

While he's at it, I hope Omarosa gets her mouth washed out with soap... (at the very least)!!!

Hopefully they will get them back in 2020. Everything Trump did can be undone.

I'd say Trump has the filthiest mouth of all and his tongue should be cut out. When a man sins , remember better to do away with the offending part, to save his soul.
take his hands, and his eyes as well.

(I see he is the ultimate Christian now)

The Evangelicals don't like this part of the bible, LOL.
These are the same Obama clown officials who did nothing about
-Korea
-Russian meddling
-Iran
-ISIS
-China

on and on and on.... Lot a good those clearances did for the United States

-Geaux

Forum List

Back