Preaching

I think of some Christian posters here that I have good conversations with and ones that I never have a decent talk with.

The ones I talk who don't preach at me are the ones I like discussing all kinds of topics with.

I challenge Christians to discuss religious topics without trying to convert anyone to Christianity. Can you do that?

As soon as the atheists stop evangelizing, OK?

Because you are the expert on what a true Christian is.

The perfect example of hypocrisy.
The perfect example of hypocrisy? I don't pretend to be a Christian, so I can do what I like. If you proclaim your faith, follow the teaching of the Bible and of Jesus. A true Christian doesn't judge. Didn't Jesus declare this in the Bible?

You condemn people for judging you based on their beliefs, but you are quite willing to judge them based on yours. That makes you a hypocrite.

I don't pretend to believe in something that tells me not to judge others. ;)
Therefore I am not a hypocrite. See how that works?

Of course one can be a Christian and a Buddhist. ;)

Only if you don't understand either religion.

Which you obviously don't.

Buddhism denies the existence of any gods, Christianity relies on the belief in a redeeming God. They are mutually incompatible at their core, yet I am the one who doesn't understand either religion because I think it is impossible to be a Buddhist and a Christian.

Think about that for a bit.

NO, I talk about Buddhism because it's my spiritual path. I talk about what I know.

You can't convert anyone to Buddhism. You have to have the karma for it.

I don't tell anyone else that Buddhism is a better religion for THEM, it's a better religion for me.

All I do is ask some Christians to suspend their christian conversion agenda in order to discuss a topic of mutual interest.

Some Christians don't need to be asked. They aren't trying to convert me or anyone else.

That is exactly what most Christians on this board do, and you attack them because you are offended by other Christians.

Great example of The Bhudda's teachings.

I personally like to attack the ones who use their religion to judge me or other people.
Or pretend they are better than me because they are Christian. If they are true Christian I don't attack them.

But you have no problem with the militant atheists that ridicule out beliefs daily. Try being objective, for once.

The perfect example of hypocrisy? I don't pretend to be a Christian, so I can do what I like. If you proclaim your faith, follow the teaching of the Bible and of Jesus. A true Christian doesn't judge. Didn't Jesus declare this in the Bible?

You condemn people for judging you based on their beliefs, but you are quite willing to judge them based on yours. That makes you a hypocrite.

Christianity does not tell anyone not to judge others, it teaches us to be thoughtful when we judge others because others will judge us the same way. I guess the real problem here is you do not actually understand Christianity.

Don't worry though, there are a lot of Christians that don't either, including me.

That is exactly what most Christians on this board do, and you attack them because you are offended by other Christians.

I personally like to attack the ones who use their religion to judge me or other people.
Or pretend they are better than me because they are Christian. If they are true Christian I don't attack them.

But you have no problem with the militant atheists that ridicule out beliefs daily. Try being objective, for once.

I don't?

Stop it.

Christianity does not tell anyone not to judge others, it teaches us to be thoughtful when we judge others because others will judge us the same way. I guess the real problem here is you do not actually understand Christianity.

Don't worry though, there are a lot of Christians that don't either, including me.

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

And I don't understand Christianity.
Why anyone would believe a book that was written by just a man, and hold it such high regard confuses me. It really confuses me when women follow it.

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Take the plank out of your own eye. That means stop pointing the finger at other people's sins.

How many Christians actually do that? How many Buddhists do that?

It's so much easier to see someone else's flaws than your own.

Last edited:

Take the plank out of your own eye. That means stop pointing the finger at other people's sins.

How many Christians actually do that?

It doesn't say be thoughtful when judging others, it says don't judge others while you also commit sin. I doubt any Christians on this board live without sin.

How many Christians actually do that?

It doesn't say be thoughtful when judging others, it says don't judge others while you also commit sin. I doubt any Christians on this board live without sin.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

You're right Luissa....we are NOT to judge.
Because i'm a Christian, i know in my heart what God considers a sin.
What many Christians just won't admit is that ALL us Christians also sin. There isn't one of us that are pure. For example...my sin might be alcoholism (JUST a scenario!). Your sin may be adultry (JUST a scenario! lol!)....in God's eye's neither of our sins are worse than the other.

So i'm not going to say you're a bad person even tho i know what your sin is...because my sin is going to be judged by God the same as yours.

You're right Luissa....we are NOT to judge.
Because i'm a Christian, i know in my heart what God considers a sin. What many Christians just won't admit is that ALL us Christians also sin. There isn't one of us that are pure. For example...my sin might be alcoholism (JUST a scenario!). Your sin may be adultry (JUST a scenario! lol!)....in God's eye's neither of our sins are worse than the other.

So i'm not going to say you're a bad person even tho i know what your sin is...because my sin is going to be judged by God the same as yours.
How about you take care of your sins and Luissa takes care of hers. Some of us don't have sins. We have NO concept of sin. We think in terms of virtue and non-virtue.

I think of some Christian posters here that I have good conversations with and ones that I never have a decent talk with.

The ones I talk who don't preach at me are the ones I like discussing all kinds of topics with.

I challenge Christians to discuss religious topics without trying to convert anyone to Christianity. Can you do that?

Apparently not.

Forum List

Back