Preaching

Because you are the expert on what a true Christian is.

The perfect example of hypocrisy.
The perfect example of hypocrisy? I don't pretend to be a Christian, so I can do what I like. If you proclaim your faith, follow the teaching of the Bible and of Jesus. A true Christian doesn't judge. Didn't Jesus declare this in the Bible?

You're right Luissa....we are NOT to judge.
Because i'm a Christian, i know in my heart what God considers a sin.
What many Christians just won't admit is that ALL us Christians also sin. There isn't one of us that are pure. For example...my sin might be alcoholism (JUST a scenario!). Your sin may be adultry (JUST a scenario! lol!)....in God's eye's neither of our sins are worse than the other.

So i'm not going to say you're a bad person even tho i know what your sin is...because my sin is going to be judged by God the same as yours.

That is exactly my point. I am labeled as a bad person by a few on this board, and they use their religion and what they have been taught through this religion to do so. There is one poster here who constantly acts like she is better than others due to her religion, and even told another poster she was a better person, and that the poster was horrible for a sin she committed. Pretty sure judging someone in that way would be looked down upon by God and Jesus.
Especially when you bring in the whole forgiveness part of Christianity. :eusa_whistle:

The perfect example of hypocrisy? I don't pretend to be a Christian, so I can do what I like. If you proclaim your faith, follow the teaching of the Bible and of Jesus. A true Christian doesn't judge. Didn't Jesus declare this in the Bible?

You're right Luissa....we are NOT to judge.
Because i'm a Christian, i know in my heart what God considers a sin.
What many Christians just won't admit is that ALL us Christians also sin. There isn't one of us that are pure. For example...my sin might be alcoholism (JUST a scenario!). Your sin may be adultry (JUST a scenario! lol!)....in God's eye's neither of our sins are worse than the other.

So i'm not going to say you're a bad person even tho i know what your sin is...because my sin is going to be judged by God the same as yours.

That is exactly my point. I am labeled as a bad person by a few on this board, and they use their religion and what they have been taught through this religion to do so. There is one poster here who constantly acts like she is better than others due to her religion, and even told another poster she was a better person, and that the poster was horrible for a sin she committed. Pretty sure judging someone in that way would be looked down upon by God and Jesus.
Especially when you bring in the whole forgiveness part of Christianity. :eusa_whistle:

No one has the right to judge you as a bad person. Not even YOU.

I don't pretend to believe in something that tells me not to judge others. ;)
Therefore I am not a hypocrite. See how that works?

Christianity does not tell anyone not to judge others, it teaches us to be thoughtful when we judge others because others will judge us the same way. I guess the real problem here is you do not actually understand Christianity.

Don't worry though, there are a lot of Christians that don't either, including me.
And I don't understand Christianity.
Why anyone would believe a book that was written by just a man, and hold it such high regard confuses me. It really confuses me when women follow it.

Because it was not written by one man.

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Take the plank out of your own eye. That means stop pointing the finger at other people's sins.

How many Christians actually do that?

It doesn't say be thoughtful when judging others, it says don't judge others while you also commit sin. I doubt any Christians on this board live without sin.

If you want to actually know what the Bible teaches about judging you need to set aside about a week so I can go through all the verses and show how they relate to each other. If you prefer to think you have all the answers feel free to continue prooftexting.

I think of some Christian posters here that I have good conversations with and ones that I never have a decent talk with.

The ones I talk who don't preach at me are the ones I like discussing all kinds of topics with.

I challenge Christians to discuss religious topics without trying to convert anyone to Christianity. Can you do that?

Apparently not.

Apparently, because everyone in this thread has spent the entire time trying to force others to believe the same way we do.

I think of some Christian posters here that I have good conversations with and ones that I never have a decent talk with.

The ones I talk who don't preach at me are the ones I like discussing all kinds of topics with.

I challenge Christians to discuss religious topics without trying to convert anyone to Christianity. Can you do that?

As soon as the atheists stop evangelizing, OK?

I do notice atheists preaching non belief, THAT catches my eye.

Take the plank out of your own eye. That means stop pointing the finger at other people's sins.

How many Christians actually do that?

It doesn't say be thoughtful when judging others, it says don't judge others while you also commit sin. I doubt any Christians on this board live without sin.

If you want to actually know what the Bible teaches about judging you need to set aside about a week so I can go through all the verses and show how they relate to each other. If you prefer to think you have all the answers feel free to continue prooftexting.

I was a Christian for 22 years.
Jesus didn't want you to judge others sins while committing your own sins. It is pretty clear.
And if it isn't clear, look at the way he lived his life.

Christianity does not tell anyone not to judge others, it teaches us to be thoughtful when we judge others because others will judge us the same way. I guess the real problem here is you do not actually understand Christianity.

Don't worry though, there are a lot of Christians that don't either, including me.
And I don't understand Christianity.
Why anyone would believe a book that was written by just a man, and hold it such high regard confuses me. It really confuses me when women follow it.

Because it was not written by one man.

My point was it wasn't written by god or Jesus smart one.

I have NEVER met a non-judging Christian.

I'm a Christian. I don't believe i judge anyone.

You may say i "judge" you because i don't agree with your religion.
I have friends that are not religious at all. Some of the things they do i believe are BIG sins. So if they're going to do these things...i stay away. I don't love them any less. They know how i feel so all's good.

I don't dislike you because you don't believe as i do. But if you ask me a question about my beliefs, I'm going to tell you. Just as you would tell me. It doesn't mean we have to hate eachother over it...God is the one that makes the final decision and HE is the only judge.

Because we are all human, and all have fallen short of the glory of God. Saying, writing, preaching, and skywriting the words mean little, it is our lives that will be looked upon.

I'm a Christian. I don't believe i judge anyone.You may say i "judge" you because i don't agree with your religion.
I have friends that are not religious at all. Some of the things they do i believe are BIG sins. So if they're going to do these things...i stay away. I don't love them any less. They know how i feel so all's good.

I don't dislike you because you don't believe as i do. But if you ask me a question about my beliefs, I'm going to tell you. Just as you would tell me. It doesn't mean we have to hate eachother over it...God is the one that makes the final decision and HE is the only judge.

You say you don't believe you judge anyone, then you tell me you your non-religious friends for committing big sins.

If they don't believe in your God how they be committing big sins? Some of us practice a religion that doesn't believe in a sin concept.

I don't believe in your judging God, or your sins.

I appreciate your capacity to love.

I was a Christian for 22 years.
Jesus didn't want you to judge others sins while committing your own sins. It is pretty clear.
And if it isn't clear, look at the way he lived his life.

I wonder why people stop at Jesus's parables when they read the Bible and think that that is the sum of Christian teaching.

I recall Jesus whipping people out of the Temple, vocally confronting people who were misleading others, calling them out when they sinned, and even insulting them. What you expect a rational person to take from that is that we should never judge others? Even though he actually told us to judge people by what they do? Even though he actually condemned a tree because it didn't have any figs?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back