Prager University says that _____ was the cause of the Civil War

And Democrats like Jake are still mad they lost their negro's.
They gained them back, the majority of them anyway. Hopefully the Black Community will come to the senses and come back to the Republican party were they belong.

Always amazed at people like yourself who accuse modern Democrats of being slave holders- and at the same time- tell African Americans that they are just too stupid to know that they should be Republicans.

As a Democrat- I assume that African Americans, Asian Americans, Jewish Americans, Latino-Americans are just as smart as European Americans- as smart as you- and as smart as me. And that like you and me- they are smart enough to decide which party currently best represents their interests.

That Republicans like yourself believe that they are all just too stupid to know they should be voting Republican frankly explains why they don't vote Republican.

My Great, Great Grandfather fought for the South and didn't own any slaves.
So your GG Grandfather was a Democrat.

And when you wave the Confederate flag to honor your GG Grandfather- does that represent modern Democrats- like it once represented Democrats?

Obviously Jake knows nothing about the role of the Jesuits, the Secret Treaty Of Verona and how it led to the Monroe Doctrine or how one of the plotters for Lincoln's assassination was found working for the Pope and why all diplomatic ties to the head of the Catholic church were severed until 1984. Jake doesn't know near as much as he would have you believe he does. States that agreed to not join the confederacy were allowed to keep their slaves.....funny, that.

Is there any Konspiracy theory that Dale doesn't subscribe to?

Obviously Jake knows nothing about the role of the Jesuits, the Secret Treaty Of Verona and how it led to the Monroe Doctrine or how one of the plotters for Lincoln's assassination was found working for the Pope and why all diplomatic ties to the head of the Catholic church were severed until 1984. Jake doesn't know near as much as he would have you believe he does. States that agreed to not join the confederacy were allowed to keep their slaves.....funny, that.

Is there any Konspiracy theory that Dale doesn't subscribe to?[/QUOTE

OHHH! I get it! If it's not in the official text books of (snicker) "higher" learning then it's just a CONSPIRACY!!!!!
Yeah, use that word like a crucifix trying to ward off a Hollywood vampire. Schmucks like you love to wallow in their own ignorance. What is hilarious is that leftards claim to be "open-minded" to new ideas, new facts or new theories but only if it follows the leftard narrative. Seriously, Syriusly? Get out of my cyber-face because you have got nothing............zilch.

And when you wave the Confederate flag to honor your GG Grandfather- does that represent modern Democrats- like it once represented Democrats?
I don't wave a Confederate Flag my ancestor didn't own slaves so he did not fight for slavery and Democrats are the same as they have always been they just use more subtle ways of owning people.

They gained them back, the majority of them anyway. Hopefully the Black Community will come to the senses and come back to the Republican party were they belong.

Always amazed at people like yourself who accuse modern Democrats of being slave holders- and at the same time- tell African Americans that they are just too stupid to know that they should be Republicans.

As a Democrat- I assume that African Americans, Asian Americans, Jewish Americans, Latino-Americans are just as smart as European Americans- as smart as you- and as smart as me. And that like you and me- they are smart enough to decide which party currently best represents their interests.

That Republicans like yourself believe that they are all just too stupid to know they should be voting Republican frankly explains why they don't vote Republican.
Did not call anyone stupid those are your words and the Democratic Party only serves its own interest.

An interesting note .

Why They Fought
Men on both sides were inspired to fight by patriotism, state pride, the chance for adventure, steady pay. Union soldiers fought to preserve the Union; the common Confederate fought to defend his home. Later in the war, increasing numbers of Federal soldiers fought to abolish slavery, if for no other reason than to end the war quickly. Confederate soldiers sometimes fought because they feared Union victory would result in a society where black people were placed on an even footing with whites.

Army Melting Pots
The large majority of Civil War soldiers were native born. Nonetheless, large numbers of stout-hearted newcomers to the country also volunteered to fight–especially in the North. Nearly one quarter of the Union’s soldiers were immigrants, including 200,000 Germans; 150,000 Irish; 45,000 English; 15,000 Canadians, and lesser numbers of French, Norwegians, Italians, Mexicans, and Poles. Exact figures for the South are sketchy, but tens of thousands of Irish, Germans, British, French, Canadians, Dutch, and Austrians entered Confederate ranks.

Black Troops
By war’s end, African-American soldiers made up roughly 10 percent of the Union army. Approximately 179,000 black soldiers wore the blue; 37,000 lost their lives. In March 1865, the Confederate congress authorized the army to recruit 300,000 black troops. Some units were raised, but it was too late for them to make a difference.

Civil War Soldiers | HistoryNet

An interesting note .

Why They Fought
Men on both sides were inspired to fight by patriotism, state pride, the chance for adventure, steady pay. Union soldiers fought to preserve the Union; the common Confederate fought to defend his home. Later in the war, increasing numbers of Federal soldiers fought to abolish slavery, if for no other reason than to end the war quickly. Confederate soldiers sometimes fought because they feared Union victory would result in a society where black people were placed on an even footing with whites.

Army Melting Pots
The large majority of Civil War soldiers were native born. Nonetheless, large numbers of stout-hearted newcomers to the country also volunteered to fight–especially in the North. Nearly one quarter of the Union’s soldiers were immigrants, including 200,000 Germans; 150,000 Irish; 45,000 English; 15,000 Canadians, and lesser numbers of French, Norwegians, Italians, Mexicans, and Poles. Exact figures for the South are sketchy, but tens of thousands of Irish, Germans, British, French, Canadians, Dutch, and Austrians entered Confederate ranks.

Black Troops
By war’s end, African-American soldiers made up roughly 10 percent of the Union army. Approximately 179,000 black soldiers wore the blue; 37,000 lost their lives. In March 1865, the Confederate congress authorized the army to recruit 300,000 black troops. Some units were raised, but it was too late for them to make a difference.

Black troops in the Union army were paid half the wages of white Union soldiers as well.....

I don't wave a Confederate Flag my ancestor didn't own slaves so he did not fight for slavery and Democrats are the same as they have always been they just use more subtle ways of owning people.
Well that's utter bullshit. You weren't alive so you don't know what his reasons were for fighting. And slavery was an economic benefit to the south whether some individuals owned slaves or not. Most Americans don't own any oil wells but the country still benefits from others who do. If some foreign nation attacked us for our oil, you can be sure many would fight to defend America, even if they didn't own oil.

The South "called the North" on our more perfect Union, and goaded the North into testing our Second Amendment. It is now historlcal and legal Fact by Precedent, that Only well regulated militias of the United States may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

Well that's utter bullshit. You weren't alive so you don't know what his reasons were for fighting. And slavery was an economic benefit to the south whether some individuals owned slaves or not. Most Americans don't own any oil wells but the country still benefits from others who do. If some foreign nation attacked us for our oil, you can be sure many would fight to defend America, even if they didn't own oil.

Oh STFU, little fawn...states that didn't join the confederacy got to keep using slaves until the Emancipation Proclamation and blacks that served in the Union army got half of the wages as the white soldiers. You don't know diddly squat and you prove it daily, little fella......

Oh STFU, little fawn...states that didn't join the confederacy got to keep using slaves until the Emancipation Proclamation and blacks that served in the Union army got half of the wages as the white soldiers. You don't know diddly squat and you prove it daily, little fella......
LOLOL

Poor, delusional, dale.

The primary reason the south seceded was over slavery.

How do we know this?

They fucking said so.

giphy.gif

An interesting note .

Why They Fought

Army Melting Pots

Black Troops

Black troops in the Union army were paid half the wages of white Union soldiers as well.....

And? I don't think that anyone will argue that the United States was generally racist in the era.

None of that changes the fact that the stated reason why Southern states seceded was to preserve 'the peculiar institution' of slavery.

The United States didn't fight to free the slaves- but the South attempted to secede in order to preserve slavery.

Did not call anyone stupid those are your words and the Democratic Party only serves its own interest.

LOL- the Republican Party and the Democratic Party each serves to promote its own interest.

Here is what you said:
Hopefully the Black Community will come to the senses a

Did you mean:
a) That the Black Community is stupid (and by extension that they are more stupid than you) or
b) That the Black Community is insane (and by extension that they are more insane than you)

I - and the Democratic Party- think that the 'Black Community' is as sane and as smart- and as rational- as everyone else.

You clearly do not.

You do realize that the Confederate States- and the Confederate Army- that your GG Grandfather fought for- were Democrats right? And that your GG Grandfather was almost certainly a Democrat.

Some 90% of African Americans are Democrats- tell us about how subtle they are in owning people.

You do realize that the Confederate States- and the Confederate Army- that your GG Grandfather fought for- were Democrats right? And that your GG Grandfather was almost certainly a Democrat.

Some 90% of African Americans are Democrats- tell us about how subtle they are in owning people.
Its not called slavery anymore.

Its not called slavery anymore.

What is it called?

Some 90% of African Americans are Democrats- tell us about how subtle they are in owning people

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

And of course we know he was lying; his only goal was to implement the 'American system' the Whigs wanted as a national policy, and he needed to tax one region to raise the money for to benefit his own region. As pointed out already, if he were really concerned with 'preserving the Union', he wouldn't have repeated Buchanan's blockade at Sumter that generated more states to secede; he knew his act of war would provoke the rest to secede.

And of course the usual trolls can't produce any of these Big Giant Anti-Slavery Bills that were supposed to have provoked NC to secede, we only have the tariff and Homestead bills to point to, and Lincoln's deliberate illegal war.

Forum List

Back