Mont Rushmore

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Bonsoir, this is a wondeful place that i would like to go visit one day.:)

October 4 ,1927
Beginning of the sculpture of Mount Rushmore

gutzonborglumrushmore3033.jpg

Gutzon Borglum begins the sculpture of Mount Rushmore. He is 60 years old. His contract is to carve the faces of the first four presidents of the United States in a granite mountain of more than 1,740 meters in height
The set measures 18m high, each face, 19 meters ... He worked there until his death (1941). The work took 40 years and it was his son Lincoln who finished the work.
Les éphémérides d'Alcide 4 octobre

You should know before you go that where that is is a vast prairie of nothing. You'll drive across the entire state watching road signs tell you how far it is to the other main attraction --- which is a drug store.

:)

However by the time you do get to the other end of that state you'll be able to wear a cowboy hat without looking weird.

I should be a travel agent. ;)

You should know before you go that where that is is a vast prairie of nothing. You'll drive across the entire state watching road signs tell you how far it is to the other main attraction --- which is a drug store.

However by the time you do get to the other end of that state you'll be able to wear a cowboy hat without looking weird.

tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

Surely there's an amusement park or something there that can make it worth it?

Travel agent my ass...you have the badlands before

Travel agent my ass...you have the badlands before

"Travel agent my ass.. you have the badlands before" :uhh:

.... hmm, you're right, I should be an English teacher.

Luigi del Blanco was the master sculptor.

My friend wrote a book, "Carving a name for himself" getting Luigi the credit he deserved

They will now sculpt one for Crazy Horse. I forgot where but it is predicted to be 5 times bigger.

The one for Crazy Horse is massive...the problem is it'll never get done in anybody's lifetime who's reading this post.

They will now sculpt one for Crazy Horse. I forgot where but it is predicted to be 5 times bigger.

The one for Crazy Horse is massive...the problem is it'll never get done in anybody's lifetime who's reading this post.
Have they even started it? If they can built a trillion new homes a year on subprime lending, then they can also blast a big ass sculpture, I bet.

Have they even started it? If they can built a trillion new homes a year on subprime lending, then they can also blast a big ass sculpture, I bet.

Yes they have. I was there about 3-4 years ago and they had started, but they said it wont be done for decades (literally).

Yes they have. I was there about 3-4 years ago and they had started, but they said it wont be done for decades (literally).

Still not bad in my opinion, the project timescale of a traffic circle in New Jersey is measured in centuries.

So true. It was ok.

Still not bad in my opinion, the project timescale of a traffic circle in New Jersey is measured in centuries.

Well you know what they say about that thing ---

"Drivers going the wrong way on a New Jersey traffic circle are not uncommon. Do not give them the attention they obviously crave".

As an American I don't like men's likeness carved into any mountain. Statues are fine but putting bigger than life images on a mountain smacks of 'dear leader' to me.

Certainly the men on Mount Rushmore are pinnacles in American history and deserve to be noted and perhaps statues or memorials put up, but these huge images carved into stone mountains seem weird here.

Bonsoir, this is a wondeful place that i would like to go visit one day.:)

October 4 ,1927
Beginning of the sculpture of Mount Rushmore

gutzonborglumrushmore3033.jpg

Gutzon Borglum begins the sculpture of Mount Rushmore. He is 60 years old. His contract is to carve the faces of the first four presidents of the United States in a granite mountain of more than 1,740 meters in height
The set measures 18m high, each face, 19 meters ... He worked there until his death (1941). The work took 40 years and it was his son Lincoln who finished the work.
Les éphémérides d'Alcide 4 octobre
Better hurry up before the Progressives tear it down.

Forum List

Back