Prager University says that _____ was the cause of the Civil War

• Banned
I am not a democrat, and you voted for Trump, did you not?

I voted for the conservative, and you did not.

Don't have an account at Facebook, nor do I do stupid videos, so this must be Jake being illiterate again and afraid to say some word or other.

And yet Lincoln offered the south slavery forever, as long as they stayed in the union. If it was all about slavery, why did the south refuse his offer and chose to fight?

• Banned
And yet Lincoln offered the south slavery forever, as long as they stayed in the union. If it was all about slavery, why did the south refuse his offer and chose to fight?
Listen to it again. He answered your question, imo. The leaders of the South certainly, according to the Professor, thought it was about slavery.

• Banned
Don't have an account at Facebook, nor do I do stupid videos, so this must be Jake being illiterate again and afraid to say some word or other.
furious.gif

Because it wasn't about slavery, it was about the protectionist tariffs, the Homestead Acts, and the railroad subsidies, along with all the other Federal projects that would benefit the Midwest and other northern states to the exclusion of the southern states. Jake knows that, he's just a big crybaby and likes to think he had something to do with it all if he babbles about 'slavery n stuff' a hundred and fifty years later or something. He has no real acheivements in life so he needs to make up some.

Because it wasn't about slavery, it was about the protectionist tariffs, the Homestead Acts, and the railroad subsidies, along with all the other Federal projects that would benefit the Midwest and other northern states to the exclusion of the southern states. Jake knows that, he's just a big crybaby and likes to think he had something to do with it all if he babbles about 'slavery n stuff' a hundred and fifty years later or something. He has no real acheivements in life so he needs to make up some.
Picaro can yell all he wants, but the US West Point military history professor has answered all of his complaints before Picaro makes them. Picare simply does not know CW history.

Listen to it again. He answered your question, imo. The leaders of the South certainly, according to the Professor, thought it was about slavery.
I think the dude has it backwards. It was all about slavery to many wealthy connected leaders in the North, who wanted war to end slavery and impose their tariff to enrich themselves. The abolitionist movement became radicalized and wanted blood. Lincoln made is perfectly clear why he invaded the South. It was preserving the Union. Lincoln Cultists make me sick.

Jake...glad you are back, but you learned nothing while you were gone. I want you to study and memorize the following famous quotes TODAY.

War is ALWAYS the health of the State.

The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.

War is both the product of an earlier corruption, and a producer of new corruptions.

The essence of so-called war prosperity; it enriches some by what it takes from others. It is not rising wealth but a shifting of wealth and income.

War...is harmful, not only to the conquered but to the conqueror.

I think the dude has it backwards. It was all about slavery to many wealthy connected leaders in the North, who wanted war to end slavery and impose their tariff to enrich themselves. The abolitionist movement became radicalized and wanted blood. Lincoln made is perfectly clear why he invaded the South. It was preserving the Union. The Lincoln Cultists make me sick.

Jake...glad you are back, but you learned nothing while you were gone. I want you to study and memorize the following famous quotes TODAY.

War is ALWAYS the health of the State.

The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.

War is both the product of an earlier corruption, and a producer of new corruptions.

The essence of so-called war prosperity; it enriches some by what it takes from others. It is not rising wealth but a shifting of wealth and income.

War...is harmful, not only to the conquered but to the conqueror.
I see that you are deflecting very poorly from the OP.

Jake...Lincoln (the murderous lying fool) made is perfectly clear multiple times why he invaded the South. To preserve the Union. He even offered to ensconce slavery into the Constitution, if the South would stay.

Jake...Lincoln (the murderous lying fool) made is perfectly clear multiple times why he invaded the South. To preserve the Union. He even offered to ensconce slavery into the Constitution, if the South would stay.
That's Lincoln. The professor clearly explained on the vid for Prager U why the South left the Union. Did you have a link for the "ensconce" comment? Please give it, if so.

That's Lincoln. The professor clearly explained on the vid for Prager U why the South left the Union. Did you have a link for the "ensconce" comment? Please give it, if so.

The only thing that matters are the actions taken by Lincoln. He chose war. He made it perfectly clear why he chose war.

Asking for a link only proves how uninformed you are. If you don't know this, what do you know?

On March 2, 1861, the U.S. Senate passed a proposed Thirteenth Amendment to the US Constitution (which passed the House of Representatives on February 28) that would have prohibited the federal government from ever interfering with slavery in the Southern states. The proposed amendment read as follows:

No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.

Two days later, in his First Inaugural Address, Abraham Lincoln promised to support the amendment even though he believed that the Constitution already prohibited the federal government from interfering with Southern slavery. As he stated:

"I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution has
passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government
shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States,
including that of persons held to service. Holding such a
provision to now be implied constitutional law, I have no
objection to its being made express and irrevocable."
See
Lincoln Inaugural Speech

Abe the slaver...adored by dupes.

gipper talking about being informed. ;)

The proposed Amendment shows clearly all of the problems were about slavery.

Jake read Dishonest Abe's first inaugural speech...it is all right there in front of your long pointy nose.

He said this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
“I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.”

He said this July 22, 1861....
Resolved: . . . That this war is not being prosecuted upon our part in any spirit of oppression, nor for any purpose of conquest or subjugation, nor purpose of overthrowing or interfering with the rights or established institutions of those states, but to defend and maintain the supremacy of the Constitution and all laws made in pursuance thereof and to preserve the Union, with all the dignity, equality and rights of the several states unimpaired; and that as soon as these objects are accomplished the war ought to cease.

He wrote to his butt buddy Horace Greeley the following in August 1862....
My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union.

Jake...I want a thank you for educating you today. Normally I don't have any patience for ignorance.

gipper talking about being informed. ;)

The proposed Amendment shows clearly all of the problems were about slavery.

I see you are not getting it Jake. Sorry it is so difficult for you.

Lincoln INVADED the South. Lincoln started the WAR. He was the aggressor. He did so NOT to end slavery.

Does that help?

The South left the Union to keep slavery, as the OP so clearly points out.

Lincoln said "no" then murdered the South when it resisted.

Yes, the cause of the war was slavery. If it was not, then the South had no reason to leave.

New Topics

Forum List

Back