Practicing religion without force

I will edit your posts when you name call. You're right. You said the statement was passive aggressive.

You also said I was passive aggressive for neg repping you. There is nothing passive about a neg rep.

If you want to continue going down this trail you're on your own. Team up with Allie Baba, she hates my guts.

Careful... editing my posts will get you banned. As i said that was the second time with me and i have asked you not to edit my posts ...in any way if you quote me.

LOL. If you do not understand the inherent passive aggressiveness of neg repping, then you have some learning about just what passive aggressiveness is. Again, if all you wanted was clarification...why the neg rep to send your message? You can clarify by asking in public and not sending a neg.

Again, you last statement. "If i continue down the trail i am on"? What does that mean? Again a very passive aggressive statement and not very buddhist of you. I don't hate you. But i will not sit still and take your salvos without return fire and or calling you on them.

OK. If you want to continue to be unpleasant I'm telling you I'm not going to join you.

I'm sorry that the neg rep hurt your feelings.

I don't consider the neg rep a passive aggressive action.

If you want to report me for violating the rules go ahead.

I'm really glad you don't hate me. I don't hate you at all.

Again, i did not start the unpleasantness. You did. I am responding to you in like kind. Again, i give as good as i receive.

The neg did not hurt my feelings at all. I think it is rather funny you chose that method to ask for clarification and says more about you then me. I do consider neg reps passive aggressive behavior.

If i wanted to report you and get you banned it would have happened the first time you did it. I am apprising you of the rules so you don't continue to make the same mistake and have a mod see it and ban you for editing posts. And now that you can see the rules i will take it that you DO know about them now.

Why on earth would you think i hate you? That is rather silly don't you think?

Careful... editing my posts will get you banned. As i said that was the second time with me and i have asked you not to edit my posts ...in any way if you quote me.

LOL. If you do not understand the inherent passive aggressiveness of neg repping, then you have some learning about just what passive aggressiveness is. Again, if all you wanted was clarification...why the neg rep to send your message? You can clarify by asking in public and not sending a neg.

Again, you last statement. "If i continue down the trail i am on"? What does that mean? Again a very passive aggressive statement and not very buddhist of you. I don't hate you. But i will not sit still and take your salvos without return fire and or calling you on them.

OK. If you want to continue to be unpleasant I'm telling you I'm not going to join you.

Again, i did not start the unpleasantness. You did. I am responding to you in like kind. Again, i give as good as i receive.

The neg did not hurt my feelings at all. I think it is rather funny you chose that method to ask for clarification and says more about you then me. I do consider neg reps passive aggressive behavior.

If i wanted to report you and get you banned it would have happened the first time you did it. I am apprising you of the rules so you don't continue to make the same mistake and have a mod see it and ban you for editing posts. And now that you can see the rules i will take it that you DO know about them now.

Here is what I said in the rep:

"I don't approve of you assuming my statement was passive aggressive when it was a question requiring clarification."

This is NOT passive aggressive, but if it is to you, then it is to you and I'm sorry. You negged me back. Was that passive aggressive too?

I thought you hated me because Allie does and the two of you were bashing me together talking about me instead of to me.

Last edited:
You don't get to edit other people's posts, Sky. You need to read the rules.

I did. Where does it say you can't do that?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/82346-altering-quotes.html

Ah, right. I was looking at the rule guidelines. I forgot Gunny instituted this law because he was sick of people whining about their quotes being altered. One of the few times he really should have grown some 'nads...

Last edited:

"I don't approve of you assuming my statement was passive aggressive when it was a question requiring clarification."

This is NOT passive aggressive, but if it is to you, then it is to you and I'm sorry.

I thought you hated me because Allie does and the two of you were bashing me together.

Again, a neg rep is a passive aggressive action. Read up on what passive aggressive behavior is. You could have said what you wanted to convey to me...WITHOUT the neg rep. The addition of the neg rep is what made your statement asking for clarification passive aggressive. You have to push an extra button..go that little extra mile to send a neg rep....a very passive aggressive action sky.

Sky, i have no idea what allie is bashing you for. That is between the two of you. If i was "teaming up" with her..trust me you would know it.

If i was bashing you in this thread....again you would know it in no uncertain terms. I would be less civil with you.

altering quotes would be changing the wording of a post, not snipping portions out.

But whatever, if i'm wrong, i'm wrong.

I can't imagine taking out 'fuck you' would be wrong.

i can't imagine taking out 'fuck you' would be wrong

it doesn't matter you altered the post reguardless.

Altering quotes would be changing the wording of a post, NOT snipping portions out.

But whatever, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

If you take out someone saying fuck you...you are altering what they are saying and how they are saying it.

I did not say fuck you and yet you altered my post. Please do not alter my posts in future.

altering quotes would be changing the wording of a post, not snipping portions out.

Grow up. I bet you were one of the whiners Gunny was talking about...

Grow up. I bet you were one of the whiners Gunny was talking about...

Stop lying kiddo.

This is NOT passive aggressive, but if it is to you, then it is to you and I'm sorry.

I thought you hated me because Allie does and the two of you were bashing me together.

Again, a neg rep is a passive aggressive action. Read up on what passive aggressive behavior is. You could have said what you wanted to convey to me...WITHOUT the neg rep. The addition of the neg rep is what made your statement asking for clarification passive aggressive. You have to push an extra button..go that little extra mile to send a neg rep....a very passive aggressive action sky.

Sky, i have no idea what allie is bashing you for. That is between the two of you. If i was "teaming up" with her..trust me you would know it.

If i was bashing you in this thread....again you would know it in no uncertain terms. I would be less civil with you.

See, Sky...Syrenn is independendly disgusted with you. It's not a conspiracy. Nobody is stalking or abusing you. You are just a hypocritical, lying piece of shit, and people do notice that about you.

Altering quotes would be changing the wording of a post, NOT snipping portions out.

But whatever, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

If you take out someone saying fuck you...you are altering what they are saying and how they are saying it.

I did not say fuck you and yet you altered my post. Please do not alter my posts in future.

I did not say YOU said fuck you. I said that if someone said that to me I wouldn't feel badly about taking it out. I will not alter your posts. I will pick and choose which ones to respond to. From now on, if someone is rude I won't respond to their post.

Last edited:
By all means report me for violating the rules. I guess I just won't respond to any post with name calling in it since I can't snip it out and respond to one part of the post. I have seen many many posts that have cut and paste parts of a post in order to answer them.

I'm really surprised this is against the rules. It seems lots of posters are ignoring the rule.

Um, where did I say I was going to report you?

You are putting words in my mouth again.

I simply alerted you to the rules... nothing more and nothing less.

Immie

Thank you for reminding me of the rules. You didn't say you were going to report me. I am saying that I'm ok with it if you do.

It does seem like a lot of people snip posts. I can't imagine why snipping out a slur, insult or curse word wouild be wrong.

That's just me.

That is up to Gunny and the Moderators.

I personally do not like quoting a portion of a post that calls someone a name or flames them and sometimes I will "snip" just that part, because I don't want to be seen as standing by that part of the bull crap. But, it is up to the moderators to determine what is acceptable and what is not.

Immie

If you quote you have to quote accurately.

If you're paraphrasing, you say "you said that" or "according to whasis".

You can quote people and pick and choose what part of their posts to repeat...but it has to be word for word, even if taken out of context.

This is basic writing, Sky. Yes they are board rules but they follow APA style.

How is mentioning my Catholic upbringing a bash of Christianity?

I was indoctrinated by the RCC. I went to Catholic school. I went to Catholic summer camp. I lived in a Catholic neighborhood. All my relatives are Catholic.

It's a testament to my spirit of wholeness that I was able to choose my own path as an adult.

You're kinda clueless aren't you?

Leaving the religion of my family is bashing it? You didn't walk in my shoes.

I'm indicating the reasons why a religion that uses force doesn't help everyone using my own experience and emphasizing that it doesn't apply to ALL or even MOST Christians. Sometimes it's too much for a child. It wasn't good for me alot of the time. I did get some good from it, but it was matched for me with abuse. The problem for me was never the Catholic practices or teachings themselves it was the way that my step parent misused the teachings to justify her abuse.

My grandmother was in a Magdalene home in Ireland.

None of these revelations of mine say that my experience was universal in Catholicism. It merely gives background to why making a change to a different path for me was so liberating. I found my own way to Buddhism. No one forced me.
Were not they the homes *fallen women * where sent to to spend there life in servitude to the nuns ?

The Magdalene Story

One of the worst mistakes you can make in life is to attach your identity to any particular religion or philosophy, such as by saying “I am a Christian” or “I am a Buddhist.” This forces your mind into a fixed, limited perspective.

Religious “truths” are inherently rooted in a fixed perspective, but real truth is perspective-independent. A more intelligent approach is to consider reality through a variety of different perspectives without trying to force your perceptions into an artificial religious framework.

For me: Spirituality, yes. Religion, no. :cool:

Forum List

Back