Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

If Trump wanted troops there, troops would have been there. The MDNG was waiting for a call, but it never came and they weren’t expecting it from Pelosi.
I think we can agree that we need the House to have a hearing on why the NG was NOT deployed as requested by BOTH Sund and Trump. If Trump nixed them, that is bad. If Pelosi and Bowser nixed them, that is bad.

None of that post is true. You can type all the lies you want. Try proving the truth.
Bowser denied Trump's early request for NG troops, and Sgt, at Arms Irving denied Capitol Police Chief Sund's early request for NG troops. Bowser's letter said her DC police were adequate, where were they on J6?

Here's Bowser's letter denying Trump's request for NG troops:
she didn't deny National Guard, she requested and got a couple of hundred of them for help as said in her first paragraph.

And all she was asking is that if the Executve decided to send in National Guard then D.C. Metro Police needed to be notified and coordinated with....

Because a week or so earlier Trump sent in the National Guard or some other federal agents for a protest at Lafayette Square and Metro Police were unaware of them being sent in and it caused A LOT OF PROBLEMS AND CHAOS.

Your Kash guy where your link came from, is nothing but a DECEIVER for the uninformed....Leaving important facts out.

and MOST important, NO ONE KNEW TRUMP WAS GOING TO ILLEGALLY SEND HIS ELLIPSE crowd MARCHING DOWN TO THE CAPITOL, but Trump and his event planners. No permits for the March or Capitol Protest were requested by them....leaving Capitol Police, and Metro Police, without warning and surprised.

Last edited:
I think we can agree that we need the House to have a hearing on why the NG was NOT deployed as requested by BOTH Sund and Trump. If Trump nixed them, that is bad. If Pelosi and Bowser nixed them, that is bad.
The Emergency Plan to Protect the Capitol is the document we need. It is classified for obvious reasons, it will not be released.

Trump could do nothing until the emergency was declared, then Sund sends iut the request. Which did happen.

Lesh, everything you contradict, I have provided an answer to. The discussions here are often to quick. A bunch of people contradicting one another.

Not in this thread, there are some great posts with great information. Links that are not from fake news sites. Links that are not from universities. Links from .gov websites, quotes of the law itself.
None of your links support your claims

Pelosi had to provide written authorization for Federal Troops to be deployed in the Jurisdiction of the Legislative Branch of government. Separation of powers applies.

Written authorization, which takes the form of the Emergency Plan to Protect the Capitol, once the Speaker of the House declares an emergency.
Not true

You (will fully) misrepresent the facts.

Neither SUND nor Pelosi have the power to deny NG deployment.

They can request it but can not deny it. And their request is not a demand. It has no power. It is merely a consideration.

In this case none of that happened . They neither requested it (because they had no reason to think that MAGATRATS would do what they did) nor denied it (which again they had no authority to do)

You provided links stating that SUND did NOT request NG support and that Trump’s “musings” from Jan 3 were ignored by HIS Sec of Defense

What’s wrong with you?

It bears repeating (from post #218):

"But more damning for Trump, once the conflict began a responsible leader would have called Mitch or Nancy and asked 'What can my office do to help'?

A responsible leader would have called the DOD and ordered that some mitigating action be deployed to keep this attack from killing people and burning down the Capitol of the United States.

Instead, the leader we had at the time, sat on his hands and watched it all for over 3 hours on the telly. The only people he called were Republican legislative allies where he urged them to reject the legitimate EC ballots.

That is not responsible leadership. I know that. You know that. Everybody knows that."

---------------------------------------

IMHO, Don Trump, as POTUS on January 6th, was the antithesis of "The Buck Stops Here" ethic of leadership. And now we have his supporters/defenders here saying he was quite right to adopt the ethic of: "Not my job, man!"

Anyone who could fog a mirror could readily see the overwhelming force being brought to bear against that thin Blue Line of Capitol officers, and saw the casualties being inflicted on them by Trump supporters.

A responsible leader would have been pro-active in marshalling the tremendous power the office and made-things-happen. A responsible leader would have seen the danger to those police, to those cowering legislators and staffers, and to the physical temple of our democracy, our Capitol.

A responsible leader would have adopted immediately....'All hands on deck, git-er-done' approach to problem solving.

Don Trump, instead, sat on his hands for 187-minutes and merely watched it all on the telly.

THAT is not responsible leadership. And the world knows that.

she didn't deny National Guard, she requested and got a couple of hundred of them for help as said in her first paragraph.

And all she was asking is that if the Executive decided to send in National Guard then D.C. Metro Police needed to be notified and coordinated with....

Because a week or so earlier Trump sent in the National Guard or some other federal agents for a protest at Lafayette Square and Metro Police were unaware of them being sent in and it caused A LOT OF PROBLEMS AND CHAOS.

Your Kash guy where your link came from, is nothing but a DECEIVER for the uninformed....Leaving important facts out.

and MOST important, NO ONE KNEW TRUMP WAS GOING TO ILLEGALLY SEND HIS ELLIPSE crowd MARCHING DOWN TO THE CAPITOL, but Trump and his event planners. No permits for the March or Capitol Protest were requested by them....leaving Capitol Police, and Metro Police, without warning and surprised.
1. Yes she denied the NG, read her LAST paragraph. Quote what words in her 1st paragraph that requested the NG. I say you're lying. She mentioned "logistical support" not troops.

2. She never mentioned the "Executive sending in the NG". Read the last paragraph again "To be clear..."

3. Lafayette Square BLM rioters were removed by PARK POLICE, not the NG.

4. Kash Posted the real letter from Bowser. There are no other "facts".

5. Trump had a crowd of about 1,000,000 people for his J6 rally. A few hundred broke ranks and went to the Capitol, probably instigated by the FBI. Who was that guy on video planting those pipe bombs? If the NG would have been deployed as requested by Capitol Police Chief Sund and Trump, there would have been no Capitol Riot, or as stupid democrats call it "insurrection".

You (will fully) misrepresent the facts.
Neither SUND nor Pelosi have the power to deny NG deployment.
They can request it but can not deny it. And their request is not a demand. It has no power. It is merely a consideration.
In this case none of that happened . They neither requested it (because they had no reason to think that MAGATRATS would do what they did) nor denied it (which again they had no authority to do)
OMG. Stop typing lies and post LINKS!!!

Read ALL THREE links I posted in post #202 and then re-read post #221. They are the TRUTH. Stop "typing lies".

You provided links stating that SUND did NOT request NG support and that Trump’s “musings” from Jan 3 were ignored by HIS Sec of Defense
What’s wrong with you?
LIAR.

"Sund and Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger also resigned their positions in the wake of the Capitol riot. Sund made the request to activate the National Guard two days before the attack, but said he believes Irving denied the request after consulting with Stenger."

1. Yes she denied the NG, read her LAST paragraph. Quote what words in her 1st paragraph that requested the NG. I say you're lying. She mentioned "logistical support" not troops.

2. She never mentioned the "Executive sending in the NG". Read the last paragraph again "To be clear..."

3. Lafayette Square BLM rioters were removed by PARK POLICE, not the NG.

4. Kash Posted the real letter from Bowser. There are no other "facts".

5. Trump had a crowd of about 1,000,000 people for his J6 rally. A few hundred broke ranks and went to the Capitol, probably instigated by the FBI. Who was that guy on video planting those pipe bombs? If the NG would have been deployed as requested by Capitol Police Chief Sund and Trump, there would have been no Capitol Riot, or as stupid democrats call it "insurrection".
1. Was not a denial. It was a request for NG support for traffic control because that was all anyone thought would be needed.

2. So?

3. So?

4. Again. So? Bowser can request support. Her request goes through the chain of command. It is a consideration . Anything she says pro or con is merely something to be considered. She has no authority over the Guard

5. Pure fantasy. SUND did not request NG. Read the links above.
There were not a million at the Elipse and it was tens of thousands that went to the Capitol at Trump’s request

As far as Trump’s request for the Guard on Jan 3. It was ignored by HIS Sec of Defense. Much like his musings about executing people that displease him were ignored (according to his AG Bill Barr)

Nothing you say is accurate.

OMG. Stop typing lies and post LINKS!!!

Read ALL THREE links I posted in post #202 and then re-read post #221. They are the TRUTH. Stop "typing lies".
The links above NOTE that SUND did NOT request NG support. And that it was Trump’s own Sec of Defense who ignored his Jan 3 “ request”

Last edited:
LIAR.

"Sund and Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger also resigned their positions in the wake of the Capitol riot. Sund made the request to activate the National Guard two days before the attack, but said he believes Irving denied the request after consulting with Stenger."
One of Eletra’s link had SUND quoted saying he had not requested NG

Here you have a link showing he claims he did but IRVING (his boss) never forwarded it.

That is NOT a denial of support. Neither had that power. Had Trump through his Sec Def actually ordered it- they would have been there

And bottom line.

At any time on Jan 6, Trump could have ordered out the Guard.

In fact they sat ready to deploy waiting for that order… which only came late in the day when PENCE demanded it

1. Was not a denial. It was a request for NG support for traffic control because that was all anyone thought would be needed.
2. So?
3. So?
4. Again. So? Bowser can request support. Her request goes through the chain of command. It is a consideration . Anything she says pro or con is merely something to be considered. She has no authority over the Guard
5. Pure fantasy. SUND did not request NG. Read the links above.
There were not a million at the Elipse and it was tens of thousands that went to the Capitol at Trump’s request
As far as Trump’s request for the Guard on Jan 3. It was ignored by HIS Sec of Defense. Much like his musings about executing people that displease him were ignored (according to his AG Bill Barr)
Nothing you say is accurate.
Keep typing lies. Its what you do. My links prove I'm right.

One of Eletra’s link had SUND quoted saying he had not requested NG
Here you have a link showing he claims he did but IRVING (his boss) never forwarded it.
That is NOT a denial of support. Neither had that power. Had Trump through his Sec Def actually ordered it- they would have been there
We need the House to sort thru the bullshit and nail the ones responsible for denying the two EARLY requests for the NG.
You need to be able to distinguish between NG requests BEFORE J6 and those made during J6.

The FACT that Irving made the call NOT to request the NG as Sund requested, based on Pelosi's policy proves what happened to Sund's early NG request. What is murkier is what happened to Trump's early "Fill the request" order. Did Bowser request the NG and then changed her mind?

As the good poster Rambunctious stated--
  • the staff was still wrestling with the impacts of Covid (it was, after all, 2020, early 2021. Covid was still a thing. Trust me.)
  • And the Ellipse was two miles away.
  • And without the required ....indeed, intentionally forbidden to even be requested..... permit to march, why would the Capitol legislators, their leadership, their staffs, and the police, well why would they think sh*t was gonna happen? It was merely a speech by the lame-duck defeated President? And it was two miles away.
  • And why would that lame-duck, knowing he was going to aim an agitated mob at that Capitol, well, why didn't he have one of his minions give the Capitol leadership, Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell and the Sergeants at Arms.....why didn't he give them a heads up he was ordering up a march on them?
So, in my opinion, if it was not incompetence and uncaring for government employees.......then it had to be mendacity.

I hope I was clear on that.
Are you attributing those comments to me?.... because the board moderators don't take kindly to people misquoting other board members so you had better recheck and quote properly and accurately or I will insist to get banned...

and in this emergency on 1/6 Pelosi called for the national guard, over and over again and the National Guard DID NOT COME....they stalled for hours.

and in this emergency on 1/6 Pelosi called for the national guard, over and over again and the National Guard DID NOT COME....they stalled for hours.
Only ones that can directly request would be Mayor Bowser and USCP.

You're right about the NG not coming................. :auiqs.jpg:

The media buried the truth on J6 testimony yesterday.This should have been the headline ALL day.Whistleblower testifies the National Guard request was denied when needed and only responded after.Obviously, this supports Trump. Now you know why it was hidden.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back