Pot shops on the run in California

Unfortunately yes. Many. At one time I really didn't think it was bad at all. Then I learned. As the evidence of misery mounted I could not hide any more. Hundreds if not thousands of addicts crossed my desk. Each one worse than the last.

and its all because of smoking pot?.....they are not doing anything else in abundance?....i was around pot smokers for 30 years.....and the only ones who had any problems were the ones who drank to much,did speed,coke or some other stronger chemicals at the same time as doing Pot......but the ones who just toked up .....were just fine,held jobs....good marriages.....good health....even today......unless the person was a Pot abuser, i think you are full of it Katz....

No. Just pot.

There has to be a reason why cities who welcomed pot are now getting rid of them. Los Angeles would certainly be big enough and permissive enough to want the revenue. Yet can't shut them fast enough. Torrance, Lake Forest, Banning, Beaumont just a few all welcomed pot shops and now ban them. Why? A sudden mass screening of Reefer Madness perhaps? The fact is unassailabe. Once a community lives with legal pot they get to not like it. Most probably some locales will end up as magnets for users and others will ban it entirely.

because the shops were violating the State Ordinances....Anaheim has always been against having them PERIOD.....but even they are going to have meetings to see where the best place to have them set up......it has to do with obeying the Law Katz....not the so-called health risk like you are trying to portray this as being......in the beginning they were told get the do's and dont's together for this,because this is something new.....but everyone sat on their asses while the shops opened.....some obeyed the State guidelines....MANY did not.....so now they have to close down everyone and start sorting out the legal and illegal ones.....Santa Ana so far is having no problems because i heard they made sure the shops opened in the places designated for them and are non-profit....

I've never seen what's going on
1st hand. I would have to spend
a few months observing the traffic.
So it seems to be all good fun in
California from here.

I'll walk out of a McD's if there's more than 7 people in line.

and its all because of smoking pot?.....they are not doing anything else in abundance?....i was around pot smokers for 30 years.....and the only ones who had any problems were the ones who drank to much,did speed,coke or some other stronger chemicals at the same time as doing Pot......but the ones who just toked up .....were just fine,held jobs....good marriages.....good health....even today......unless the person was a Pot abuser, i think you are full of it Katz....

No. Just pot.

There has to be a reason why cities who welcomed pot are now getting rid of them. Los Angeles would certainly be big enough and permissive enough to want the revenue. Yet can't shut them fast enough. Torrance, Lake Forest, Banning, Beaumont just a few all welcomed pot shops and now ban them. Why? A sudden mass screening of Reefer Madness perhaps? The fact is unassailabe. Once a community lives with legal pot they get to not like it. Most probably some locales will end up as magnets for users and others will ban it entirely.

because the shops were violating the State Ordinances....Anaheim has always been against having them PERIOD.....but even they are going to have meetings to see where the best place to have them set up......it has to do with obeying the Law Katz....not the so-called health risk like you are trying to portray this as being......in the beginning they were told get the do's and dont's together for this,because this is something new.....but everyone sat on their asses while the shops opened.....some obeyed the State guidelines....MANY did not.....so now they have to close down everyone and start sorting out the legal and illegal ones.....Santa Ana so far is having no problems because i heard they made sure the shops opened in the places designated for them and are non-profit....

If what you say is true, then only the ones in violation would be closed instead of a citywide cap at 135. If what you say is true, any pot shop that didn't violate the law would be open. That's not what happened. There is a cap, no matter how well you follow the law.

Santa Ana is largely a Hispanic barrio so it's not really surprising that they will have pot shops. That is one of the complaints being made, that if there is a cap in Los Angeles, and cities are allowed to completely ban them, users will be forced to travel to cities that do, and be in areas that could be unsafe. I don't see anything wrong with that.

No. Just pot.

If what you say is true, then only the ones in violation would be closed instead of a citywide cap at 135. If what you say is true, any pot shop that didn't violate the law would be open. That's not what happened. There is a cap, no matter how well you follow the law.

Santa Ana is largely a Hispanic barrio so it's not really surprising that they will have pot shops. That is one of the complaints being made, that if there is a cap in Los Angeles, and cities are allowed to completely ban them, users will be forced to travel to cities that do, and be in areas that could be unsafe. I don't see anything wrong with that.

it was getting out of hand Katz ....no one was watching,thats why the cap....they were told to get the regs up and running before these things opened...THEY DID NOT....now they are at step one...again....the 135 will be the shops that were legal non-profit....others will have to petition to open just like a Liquor store does....

Santa Ana is largely a BARRIO?.....you have never been there have you?....their Pot "stores" are in some pretty nice business areas.....do some research before you talk...

All I keep hearing from smokers is how great marijuana is and it would benefit everyone if it were legal.

You would no doubt hear the same thing if the drug were heroin, cocaine, meth or bath salts.

yea maybe from the ones addicted to those drugs.....a Pot Smoker would be no different than the guy who comes home from work and has a Beer or two....

it was getting out of hand Katz ....no one was watching,thats why the cap....they were told to get the regs up and running before these things opened...THEY DID NOT....now they are at step one...again....the 135 will be the shops that were legal non-profit....others will have to petition to open just like a Liquor store does....

Santa Ana is largely a BARRIO?.....you have never been there have you?....their Pot "stores" are in some pretty nice business areas.....do some research before you talk...

I've been to Santa Ana a LOT of times. Many times. There are some nice areas still, the operative word being SOME. Most of the City is a third world shithole. Infested by gangs with nightly shootings. Some areas, getting smaller all the time are still livable.

Hispanic gangs in Santa Ana
10.17th Street
11.5th Street Rifa (FSR)
12.6th Street
13.Barrio South Side Rifa (BSSR)
14.Boyz From the Hood
15.Brown Nation
16.Dog Town
17. F-Troop
18.Little Brook
19.Los Wickeds
20. Lopers
21.Middleside
22.Southside Santa Ana
23.Townsend Street
24.West Myrtle
25.Westside Santa Ana

Last edited:
All I keep hearing from smokers is how great marijuana is and it would benefit everyone if it were legal.

it would greatly reduce the number of millionaires w/ 6th grade educations south of the border as well as north. This war on drugs, specifically criminalizing non-narcotics like weed, is not getting very far and its cost us a bundle in money and lives.

Last edited:
Yes because ending prohibition greatly reduced organized crime, criminal conduct and the commission of crimes. That's why we don't have organized crime cartels today!

None of which addresses the issue of communities performing their own crackdown where marijuana is legal. Why are they doing that?

No answer.

I've been to Santa Ana a LOT of times. Many times. There are some nice areas still, the operative word being SOME. Most of the City is a third world shithole. Infested by gangs with nightly shootings. Some areas, getting smaller all the time are still livable.

10.17th Street
11.5th Street Rifa (FSR)
12.6th Street
14.Boyz From the Hood
15.Brown Nation
16.Dog Town
17. F-Troop
18.Little Brook
19.Los Wickeds
20. Lopers
21.Middleside
22.Southside Santa Ana
23.Townsend Street
24.West Myrtle
25.Westside Santa Ana

Isn't most of California like this now?

We have lived with legal pot for 16 years already. It hasn't been a benefit. It has increased the misery of those who have to live with and/or around addicts.

Banning is getting ready to ban pot too. Many cities in Orange County already have. Lake Forest tossed them out a couple of years ago.

It's getting abused foresure. However, it was supposed to be for medical purposes. As a person who watched my mother suffer through chemo treatments, I can tell you pot is a miracle drug when it comes to treating cancer patients on chemo. All the bullshit other drugs did dick. It wasn't until my brother and I begged her to smoke pot did her misery end. The nausea gone, upset stomach gone, head ache gone, appetiate BACK and she finally had energy to move around. It was a miracle drug!

It just doesn't work that way for everyone and there is synthetic pot that provides medicinal effects without the high.

No.

There isn't.

There are, however, people parroting that nonsense.

You would no doubt hear the same thing if the drug were heroin, cocaine, meth or bath salts.

Not true. Do you really think anyone listens when you make this stuff up? Well, some of your friends on the right probably do.

there are many here in this forum on the right who are pot friendly and are not as paranoid or as misinformed as Katz seems to be...........

10.17th Street
11.5th Street Rifa (FSR)
12.6th Street
14.Boyz From the Hood
15.Brown Nation
16.Dog Town
17. F-Troop
18.Little Brook
19.Los Wickeds
20. Lopers
21.Middleside
22.Southside Santa Ana
23.Townsend Street
24.West Myrtle
25.Westside Santa Ana

nightly shootings?.....i got news for you Katz.....Santa Ana has a "poor" side of town like most Cities do.....you forgot to mention that those Gangs are confined to that area.....and some of those you mentioned are history......here let me bring you up to date.....

Santa Ana killings drop to lowest point in decades | gang, santa, city - News - The Orange County Register

Santa Ana police Chief Paul Walters says the number of murders in 2011 was believed to be the city's lowest since 1978, when 100,000 fewer people lived in the community. It was enough for Forbes to recently rank Santa Ana in fourth place among America's safest cities, based on violent crime and pedestrian-fatality rates

Yes because ending prohibition greatly reduced organized crime, criminal conduct and the commission of crimes. That's why we don't have organized crime cartels today!

None of which addresses the issue of communities performing their own crackdown where marijuana is legal. Why are they doing that?

No answer.
lying sack of shit.....i have answered you twice.....you just don't want to believe what i have been saying because it doesn't go with your ..."its a health risk" bullshit....

10.17th Street
11.5th Street Rifa (FSR)
12.6th Street
14.Boyz From the Hood
15.Brown Nation
16.Dog Town
17. F-Troop
18.Little Brook
19.Los Wickeds
20. Lopers
21.Middleside
22.Southside Santa Ana
23.Townsend Street
24.West Myrtle
25.Westside Santa Ana

Isn't most of California like this now?

no......the poor parts of some cities yes.....here in Anaheim in some of the down town areas there are still some gangs around.....but Anaheim Cops jump on these guys pretty quick.....Anaheim gets rid of any graffiti if someone lets them know its there...

Forum List

Back