Vote fraud alert: One out of five registered Ohio voters is bogus

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
man oh man, something needs to be done..our elections are being STOLEN

SNIP:

By: John Hayward
9/17/2012 10:12 AM
Vote fraud is no big deal, right? It hardly ever happens. It’s so rare that it’s not even worth discussing. Anyone who claims to take the integrity of our ballots seriously is cynically exploiting phantom fears for the purpose of suppressing the Democrat-loving minority vote.

To keep that silly narrative alive, it’s important not to read the Sunday edition of the Columbus Dispatch, in which readers were informed that “more than one out of every five registered Ohio voters is probably ineligible to vote.”

Furthermore, “in two counties, the number of registered voters actually exceeds the voting age population: Northwestern Ohio’s Wood County shows 109 registered voters for every 100 eligible, while in Lawrence County along the Ohio River it’s a mere 104 registered per 100 eligible.”

31 more counties report over 90 percent voter registration, which is a good 20 percent higher than the national average. The Buckeye State sure is civic-minded! Well, except that 1.6 million of the 7.8 million registered voters in the state haven’t voted in at least four years. So I guess they were civic minded, once upon a time. Never fear – I’m sure plenty of those “inactive” voters will reactivate themselves just in time for Barack Obama’s re-election.

You might think these astonishing statistics indicate a crisis-level voter registration problem requiring immediate attention, particularly since this is 2012, not 1912, and modern technology gives us extremely potent tools for accurately managing massive amounts of data. But Attorney General Eric Holder disagrees. Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted sent Holder a letter back in February, warning that “common sense says that the odds of voter fraud increase the longer these ineligible voters are allowed to populate our rolls… I simply cannot accept that.” Husted said existing federal regulations “limit Ohio’s ability to remove ineligible names, thereby increasing the chance for voter fraud.”

No one from the Justice Department ever responded. Conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, which called Ohio’s voter registration train wreck to Husted’s attention, is now suing him for failing to take action, beyond issuing a “directive” to remove ineligible voters that Judicial Watch describes as “all bark and no bite,” since there is no evidence that anything was actually done.

all of it here

Vote fraud alert: One out of five registered Ohio voters is bogus | Human Events

Remember all those "needed" changes to voter laws? Now would be a great time to look at/implement changes to voting laws and regulations.

I think we need vote reform. Why not do it now, instead of 3 months before the next national election?

SNIP:

Vote fraud is no big deal, right? It hardly ever happens. It’s so rare that it’s not even worth discussing. Anyone who claims to take the integrity of our ballots seriously is cynically exploiting phantom fears for the purpose of suppressing the Democrat-loving minority vote.

To keep that silly narrative alive, it’s important not to read the Sunday edition of the Columbus Dispatch, in which readers were informed that “more than one out of every five registered Ohio voters is probably ineligible to vote.”

Furthermore, “in two counties, the number of registered voters actually exceeds the voting age population: Northwestern Ohio’s Wood County shows 109 registered voters for every 100 eligible, while in Lawrence County along the Ohio River it’s a mere 104 registered per 100 eligible.”

31 more counties report over 90 percent voter registration, which is a good 20 percent higher than the national average. The Buckeye State sure is civic-minded! Well, except that 1.6 million of the 7.8 million registered voters in the state haven’t voted in at least four years. So I guess they were civic minded, once upon a time. Never fear – I’m sure plenty of those “inactive” voters will reactivate themselves just in time for Barack Obama’s re-election.

You might think these astonishing statistics indicate a crisis-level voter registration problem requiring immediate attention, particularly since this is 2012, not 1912, and modern technology gives us extremely potent tools for accurately managing massive amounts of data. But Attorney General Eric Holder disagrees. Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted sent Holder a letter back in February, warning that “common sense says that the odds of voter fraud increase the longer these ineligible voters are allowed to populate our rolls… I simply cannot accept that.” Husted said existing federal regulations “limit Ohio’s ability to remove ineligible names, thereby increasing the chance for voter fraud.”

No one from the Justice Department ever responded. Conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, which called Ohio’s voter registration train wreck to Husted’s attention, is now suing him for failing to take action, beyond issuing a “directive” to remove ineligible voters that Judicial Watch describes as “all bark and no bite,” since there is no evidence that anything was actually done.

all of it here

Vote fraud alert: One out of five registered Ohio voters is bogus | Human Events

What your article doesn't mention is the census doesn't account for the fact Bowling Green college is in Wood county.

It seems that Wood County is home to Bowling Green college, which goes a long way toward accounting for the discrepancy between the Census-determined voting age population (98,213) and the number of registered voters (106,258 in September, 108,014 in November): Students aren't necessarily counted in the census and are also naturally transient meaning that there are a large number of inactive voters on the rolls (there are apparently a little more than 80,000 active voters in Wood County).

http://mobile.usnews.com/opinion/bl...ama-voter-fraud-myth-and-the-recount-petition

And from the 2012 election

The official Voter Turnout statistics for Ohio show Wood County recorded a total turnout of 64,342 voters, an amount far smaller than the number of registered voters in that county (108,014).
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/2012fraud.asp#m8p8EFYS3wejKiFL.99

Try telling the truth, and maybe we will want to do something. Lying just makes us wonder why.

SNIP:

all of it here

What your article doesn't mention is the census doesn't account for the fact Bowling Green college is in Wood county.

It seems that Wood County is home to Bowling Green college, which goes a long way toward accounting for the discrepancy between the Census-determined voting age population (98,213) and the number of registered voters (106,258 in September, 108,014 in November): Students aren't necessarily counted in the census and are also naturally transient meaning that there are a large number of inactive voters on the rolls (there are apparently a little more than 80,000 active voters in Wood County).

The 108% Ohio Obama Voter Fraud Myth and the Recount Petition - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

The official Voter Turnout statistics for Ohio show Wood County recorded a total turnout of 64,342 voters, an amount far smaller than the number of registered voters in that county (108,014).
Read more at snopes.com: 2012 Voter Fraud

Try telling the truth, and maybe we will want to do something. Lying just makes us wonder why.

ok, lets just pretend there isn't a problem so you can go around calling people liars and not want to do a damn thing

FROM THE ARTICLE
Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted sent Holder a letter back in February, warning that “common sense says that the odds of voter fraud increase the longer these ineligible voters are allowed to populate our rolls… I simply cannot accept that.” Husted said existing federal regulations “limit Ohio’s ability to remove ineligible names, thereby increasing the chance for voter fraud.”

Last edited:
You mean this John Husted?

"In a scathing 17-page ruling (Read the full ruling in the Document viewer below), U.S. District Judge Algenon Marbley said a directive on counting provisional ballots that Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted issued on Nov. 2 was "a flagrant violation of a state elections law" that could disenfranchise voters."
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2012/11/federal_judge_rips_husted_for.html

SNIP:

all of it here

You see, when it says 1.6 million voters haven't voted in over four years, that should tell you something. It tells me that the voter roles just haven't been purged from those who have moved away. That is why some counties are showing more registered voters than they actually have people living there. The thing is that those people are not voting. There is no voter fraud. This is just another bullshit piece to give conservatives a wedgie in the crack of their pants, but there is nothing to it. It's just all more crap from the right.

BTW, Republicans pretty much control state politics in Ohio, so if there is a huge problem, maybe we should be looking at all those unscrupulous Republicans, don't ya think?

Remember all those "needed" changes to voter laws? Now would be a great time to look at/implement changes to voting laws and regulations.

I think we need vote reform. Why not do it now, instead of 3 months before the next national election?

You're giving away the game.

And if read the article the article in OP is talking about, it notes that the vast majority of these "bogus" registrations are people who have failed to update their address

Because sophists would object to blood tests, eye scans, Driver's License checks, and thumbprints. :lmao:

Reminds me of when
969605_588012884553914_1486218115_n.jpg

"won" the straw poll and it turned out she had bought all those votes.

Polk
And if read the article the article in OP is talking about, it notes that the vast majority of these "bogus" registrations are people who have failed to update their address

shhhh .. the rw dingbats are having fun with their lies. The last thing rw's want or need or, for that matter, even recognize, is the truth.

Human Events is the equivalent of Rasmussen and Fox, dishonest to the core and fascist on top of it. They actually posted a list of books that should be banned not long ago. When right wing nutcase publications post something that is honest let us know, till then they are only corporate supported megaphones that keep the dummies dummies.

"The corporate grip on opinion in the United States is one of the wonders of the Western world. No First World country has ever managed to eliminate so entirely from its media all objectivity - much less dissent." Gore Vidal

The 108% Ohio Obama Voter Fraud Myth and the Recount Petition - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

Read more at snopes.com: 2012 Voter Fraud

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

[

You see, when it says 1.6 million voters haven't voted in over four years, that should tell you something. It tells me that the voter roles just haven't been purged from those who have moved away. That is why some counties are showing more registered voters than they actually have people living there. The thing is that those people are not voting. There is no voter fraud. This is just another bullshit piece to give conservatives a wedgie in the crack of their pants, but there is nothing to it. It's just all more crap from the right.

BTW, Republicans pretty much control state politics in Ohio, so if there is a huge problem, maybe we should be looking at all those unscrupulous Republicans, don't ya think?

Well said.

When I worked on the campaign to get rid of Joe Walsh last year, we were given a database from the board of elections. A lot of these people on the list were in their 90's and 80's. Most of them were disconnected phone numbers, some were kids who had left for college, and so on.

The reality is, when I go to vote, the people at the registration know me. They've seen me enough times. Same with most of the regular voters.

That's the great part about America. No matter what goes wrong in Government, every two or four years the American people can go to the voting booth and overthrow their corrupt government in a non-violent way.

The vote counting is slow and deliberate and transparent too. Every Presidential election it takes a week, sometimes two to count all the votes and certify the election. I mean it's not like the votes get counted in Spain or something corrupt like that.

Not in America.

Thank a Veteran today!

We can just get rid of voting all together. Declare obama emperor for life with the monarchy descending by inheritance.

We can just get rid of voting all together. Declare obama emperor for life with the monarchy descending by inheritance.

Why is it that we never hear the right wing complain about the voting machines like Diebold, ESS, etc?
I emphathize with them that they need something to whine about so this may be a new opportunity since Benghazi, Fast and Furious and the IRS scandals are running out of steam. Unless of course the machines are republican owned.

Last edited:
We can just get rid of voting all together. * Declare obama emperor for life with the monarchy descending by inheritance.

The twenty second amendment sets the term limit to two terms. *That would be the number one problem with the plan. *Apparently it's unconstitutional.*

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

We would have to repeal the twenty second amendment.

It would guarantee a women president. *Would we still call it the office of the president, or should we change that to emperor? *Maybe a uniquely American title like "Freedom Leader" or "Chief Executive Officer The Homeland". *

**Oh, we could have the US file as a corporation then assign 51% of the shares to the office. *I'm against "Chairman", it is too reminisent of China's leader. *

Still, "Supreme Freedom Chairman Of The Board Of Directors Of The United States Of America" might be okay.

We can change "state governor" to "state freedom director" with each director sitting on the board of directors. *Each would get a percentage of the remaiming shares equivalent to the states percentage of the population. *

We'd have to replace "POTUS" with "SFCOTBDOTUSOA". That would suck. *"POTUS" has such a nice ring to it. *I really like "SCOTUS". *I'm going to miss that. **

"SFCOTBDOTUSOA" isn't too bad if the C is a soft C, aa in "science" and B is silent. *Then it is pronounced sfot-dot-U-so-a. (We'll work on it.)

The idea has some merit though. *We would eliminate all the costs associated with having three seperate branches of gov't and end the pesky gridlock problem. *He can just run everything by text messaging everyone individually. Heck, the computer could even be set up with a
map that displays everyones position from GPS coordinates. *And he could run automated scripts on groups of people. It would be like the ultimate video game.

Maybe you can start collecting signatures. *Be prepared for the impending Supreme Court filing.

Maybe it is actually simpler than repealing the 22nd amendment. Has anyone checked to see if it was ratified by three-fourths of the several states? *Maybe some forgot to file their ratification.

Can I be Director of Hawaii?

You mean this John Husted?

"In a scathing 17-page ruling (Read the full ruling in the Document viewer below), U.S. District Judge Algenon Marbley said a directive on counting provisional ballots that Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted issued on Nov. 2 was "a flagrant violation of a state elections law" that could disenfranchise voters."
Federal judge rips Jon Husted for unconstitutional change to Ohio election rules | cleveland.com

Oh the horror of it all. They are allowing people that disagree politically with Staph to vote:razz:

Forum List

Back