Pontificating President says no deal; GOP must "budge."

The GOP is acting as if they have a 100% mandate to get 100% of their agenda on the budget.

That's mental.

They don't want to compromise on anything. President Obama is the one who doesn't want a short debt deal. Boehner is the one who backed away from a $4 trillion deal because he doesn't even want to consider raising any sort of taxes or close tax loopholes.

Though from what I have been reading, the Obama Administration wasn't even looking to raise taxes. Just close loopholes.

The GOP is acting as if they have a 100% mandate to get 100% of their agenda on the budget.

That's mental.

They don't want to compromise on anything. President Obama is the one who doesn't want a short debt deal. Boehner is the one who backed away from a $4 trillion deal because he doesn't even want to consider raising any sort of taxes or close tax loopholes.

Though from what I have been reading, the Obama Administration wasn't even looking to raise taxes. Just close loopholes.

Good for Boehner..... Maybe we can get rid of the AMT, EIC, death tax etc while we're at it?

Good for Boehner..... Maybe we can get rid of the AMT, EIC, death tax etc while we're at it?

If you think the long-term way to get us out of the hole we're in now is just to cut spending then you're not looking at the bigger picture.

Even Reagan closed tax loopholes and raised taxes.

That's mental.

you do know they have tax increases already in the pipeline aside from saddling us with an entitlement prgm on steroids.......right?

Last edited:

That's mental.

The irony here is, and it's huge, is that the Republicans know that President Obama is too good a man, too good a leader, too good a president, to let the disaster of a debt default occur in order to stand his ground in a pissing match with the GOP, so,

ironically,

they can use that to make him cave.

Their oath to Grover Norquist trumps their oath of office.

If you think the long-term way to get us out of the hole we're in now is just to cut spending then you're not looking at the bigger picture.

Cut loopholes.. fine. Cut spending.... come to me for higher taxes when you've exhausted all else and you can justify why the government needs more than 35% of my income.

Reagan raised taxes IN A RECESSION. And that was BEFORE all that wonderful growth that Reagan worshippers love to rave about ever happened.

funny how you feel free to insert yourself here, I don't recall quite screwing it up as as badly where in someone elses name actually appears next to; "Quote: Originally Posted by"

and I can see you maybe, dipping your oar in if I dropped the hammer on the poster and made an insulting commentbut alas.........ever hear of the saying;

"those that cannot beat the asse, beat the saddle"?

if I may be so bold, it holds meaning for you...

why don't you answer some of the several unanswered posts I have I have left for you instead of continuing to over compensate and be cute?

Not my fault your sense of humor is dead. I thought it was pretty humorous that you did the same exact thing you were complaining about.

Ah, humor? I see, :lol:please huh? we don't and never had that kind of board relationship, well, maybe our first 20 posts in exchange oh 8 months ago. and you just did it again. grow up kid.

There was a clear violation of the board rules by another poster and you're the one who was ridiculed. I would send a PM, but I doubt that would help. Later.

That's mental.

The irony here is, and it's huge, is that the Republicans know that President Obama is too good a man, too good a leader, too good a president, to let the disaster of a debt default occur in order to stand his ground in a pissing match with the GOP, so,

ironically,

they can use that to make him cave.

Their oath to Grover Norquist trumps their oath of office.

Obama is no leader, a shitty President and frankly, not a good person.

But hey.. keep goosestepping along there buddy.

Cut loopholes.. fine. Cut spending.... come to me for higher taxes when you've exhausted all else and you can justify why the government needs more than 35% of my income.

Except on average, the people who are in the 35% income bracket rarely pay that amount. I remember reading the average is somewhere around 23% with those making more than $10 million pay 19%.

So the American people should just sit back and relax in the back seat as Thelma (Obama) and Louise (The Republicans) drive us off the cliff.

Cool
The American people don't have the foggiest idea what's going on and most don't care. In an AP poll 41% said the debt limit should not be raise. 30% though that a government default would not effect them. But that’s to be expected since the average American voter has an IQ of about 98, and only 2 of 5 can name the three branches of the federal government and 49 percent think the president has the authority to suspend the Constitution. The American people are just pawns in an ideology battle.

Forum List

Back