POLL: Is It Time To End The Wars In Iraq And Afghanistan?...

Is It Time To End The Wars In Iraq And Afghanistan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
I saw a comment recently by a US General in Iraq. He was asked about a coming victory in Mosul, Iraq. And he said that a 'victory' in Mosul wouldn't change much. He went on to say that the war in Iraq will go on for many more years regardless.

His comments just struck me as so sadly hopeless. How much longer will the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan go on? It doesn't seem like there's a plan, or any end in sight. It's starting to look like '1984.' Are the wars meant to go on forever?

But that's just my assessment. What are your thoughts?

Pack up, come home and stop aid.

Yeah, the comments were so deflating and disheartening. Even if there is a grand Mosul 'victory', the Iraq War is still gonna go on & on. I feel it is time to get out. We've already been there too long.

What kind of peace could ever come from a troglodyte society where people routinely marry their close family members?

It's Hatfields and McCoys on steroids there.

What kind of peace could ever come from a troglodyte society where people routinely marry their close family members?

So let's get out. We never belonged in those lands.

I saw a comment recently by a US General in Iraq. He was asked about a coming victory in Mosul, Iraq. And he said that a 'victory' in Mosul wouldn't change much. He went on to say that the war in Iraq will go on for many more years regardless.

His comments just struck me as so sadly hopeless. How much longer will the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan go on? It doesn't seem like there's a plan, or any end in sight. It's starting to look like '1984.' Are the wars meant to go on forever?

Obama definitely screwed it up. We were making progress until he cut and run, and then started funding and arming the enemy.

Iraq was relatively peaceful until Bush invaded. Now look at the results

Obama definitely screwed it up. We were making progress until he cut and run, and then started funding and arming the enemy.
Obama never cut and ran, but BUSH did sign the SOFA. Forget?

I don't think there's a plan to end the wars. It looks like they're meant to go on forever. I mean, the Generals are pretty much telling us that we're gonna be in Iraq and Afghanistan for the foreseeable future. It's so deflating and disheartening. But i betcha many Americans are gonna celebrate a so-called 'victory' in Mosul. Who knows what they'll be celebrating though? The wars are far from over.

Next time send nukes.......

Let's not have a 'next time.'
There will be more bs to emerge from there.....We tried it the hard way.........From now on entire region should be warned ......They won't like what happens next.....I don't think we have the balls.....Or ya could just bomb their grid and anything else ya felt like and this time.e leave it that way

I didn't agree with Bush on anything. Barking up the wrong tree. I do know things were progressing. I'm involved with some of the power and water projects in Afghanistan and Iraq. When Obama cut and run, it started going downhill fast. His decision to fund and arm terrorists ensured there will be no peace.

I didn't agree with Bush on anything. Barking up the wrong tree. I do know things were progressing. I'm involved with some of the power and water projects in Afghanistan and Iraq. When Obama cut and run, it started going downhill fast. His decision to fund and arm terrorists ensured there will be no peace.
You still didn't explain how Obama cut and ran after Bush signed SOFA. Oopsie

Which was always intended to be renegotiated. The SOFA had more to do with funding than anything else. Obama announced the exact date he was cutting and running. The man is a mental midget.

Which was always intended to be renegotiated. The SOFA had more to do with funding than anything else. Obama announced the exact date he was cutting and running. The man is a mental midget.
The exact date Obama announced was the exact date that Bush signed the SOFA. You don't sign an agreement to leave thinking you are going to renegotiate. Thats about as dumb as your comments

I already crushed you today on Obama's funding of terrorists. He quit and started funding and arming the other side. You read the thread and all the verified links. You know it happened.

I already crushed you today on Obama's funding of terrorists. He quit and started funding and arming the other side. You read the thread and all the verified links. You know it happened.
Sorry- no

The exact date Obama announced was the exact date that Bush signed the SOFA. You don't sign an agreement to leave thinking you are going to renegotiate. Thats about as dumb as your comments

Yeah, are we to stay there forever? Sure looks like it.

Forum List

Back