POLL: Is It Time To End The Wars In Iraq And Afghanistan?...

Is It Time To End The Wars In Iraq And Afghanistan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw a comment recently by a US General in Iraq. He was asked about a coming victory in Mosul, Iraq. And he said that a 'victory' in Mosul wouldn't change much. He went on to say that the war in Iraq will go on for many more years regardless.

His comments just struck me as so sadly hopeless. How much longer will the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan go on? It doesn't seem like there's a plan, or any end in sight. It's starting to look like '1984.' Are the wars meant to go on forever?

But that's just my assessment. What are your thoughts?
Obama definitely screwed it up. We were making progress until he cut and run, and then started funding and arming the enemy.
Obama never cut and ran, but BUSH did sign the SOFA. Forget?
Which was always intended to be renegotiated. The SOFA had more to do with funding than anything else. Obama announced the exact date he was cutting and running. The man is a mental midget.
The exact date Obama announced was the exact date that Bush signed the SOFA. You don't sign an agreement to leave thinking you are going to renegotiate. Thats about as dumb as your comments
Obama was an absolute failure.

In U.S. Exit From Iraq, Failed Efforts and Challenges

I saw a comment recently by a US General in Iraq. He was asked about a coming victory in Mosul, Iraq. And he said that a 'victory' in Mosul wouldn't change much. He went on to say that the war in Iraq will go on for many more years regardless.

His comments just struck me as so sadly hopeless. How much longer will the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan go on? It doesn't seem like there's a plan, or any end in sight. It's starting to look like '1984.' Are the wars meant to go on forever?

Obama definitely screwed it up. We were making progress until he cut and run, and then started funding and arming the enemy.
Which was always intended to be renegotiated. The SOFA had more to do with funding than anything else. Obama announced the exact date he was cutting and running. The man is a mental midget.
The exact date Obama announced was the exact date that Bush signed the SOFA. You don't sign an agreement to leave thinking you are going to renegotiate. Thats about as dumb as your comments

If Obama was a failure what would you call Bush who began this entire disaster?

Yeah, are we to stay there forever? Sure looks like it.
Do we have troops in Europe? Korea? Japan?

Iraq is an epic horrific blunder. The biggest winners in the blunder have been Al Qaeda, ISIS, and Iran. Let's wrap it up and come home.

Pay attention loser. I already acknowledged I disagreed with nearly everything Bush jr did.

Iraq is an epic horrific blunder. The biggest winners in the blunder have been Al Qaeda, ISIS, and Iran. Let's wrap it up and come home.
Thanks GWB

Pay attention loser. I already acknowledged I disagreed with nearly everything Bush jr did.
but you voted for him twice

Yeah, are we to stay there forever? Sure looks like it.
Do we have troops in Europe? Korea? Japan?

I hear ya. But i don't agree with the policy. It's time to come home.

Thanks GWB

Fair enough. It is his blunder. I can't disagree.

Sadly, i know i'm gonna see poor misguided folks here celebrating a supposed grand 'victory' in Mosul. But what will they be celebrating? It's not a 'victory.' The war is gonna drag on & on. It truly is a hopeless situation. We need to get out. It's time.

Sadly, i know i'm gonna see poor misguided folks here celebrating a supposed grand 'victory' in Mosul. But what will they be celebrating? It's not a 'victory.' The war is gonna drag on & on. It truly is a hopeless situation. We need to get out. It's time.
It more of a half assed police action. Those never turn out well. If we turned the military loose, it could defeat ISIS in a month.

Thanks GWB

Fair enough. It is his blunder. I can't disagree.
W and all the war hawks. The Clintons being some of the biggest. They did nothing but beats the drums of war.

It more of a half assed police action. Those never turn out well. If we turned the military loose, it could defeat ISIS in a month.

It's a very disheartening situation. It makes you conclude that the MIC wants these wars to drag on. But the big problem in Iraq is that the Sunnis will never stop fighting. The invasion resulted in handing power over to the Shiites. Sunnis have been left out in the cold.

Sunni resistance isn't about Al Qaeda and ISIS. Those are Sunni Terrorist Orgs, but they only represent a small minority of Sunni resistance. So even if the Terrorists are defeated, the Sunnis will continue fighting. We really blew it there. Another Blow Back nightmare.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back