Poll finds Americans believe Republicans are sabotaging economy

Hey Dean............knock yourself out trying to change the course of the electorate from this little corner of political irrelevancy. Im interested to see how many posts between now and November you will rack up......but dont worry, I'll keep and eye on it. Im sure you will be falling all over yourself with the efforts.

Do me a favor though.........on election night, dont be crying in your beer and going home to spend the night doing the gorgan poke of the cat. Have the balls to show up here and get the salt rubbed in the wound for a few hours!!

If Romney wins, it's America that will suffer. The reason Romney doesn't tell us his positions is because he knows if people know what he will do, they won't vote for him.

Mitt: I Won’t Detail Plans, Because Then I’d Lose

We all know that Mitt can't possibly go through an entire election and not detail any of his plans.

We already know one of his policies, "Less Policemen, less Firemen, and less Teachers". Yea, he needs to stick with that plan. I bet Americans will love it. What do you think? Is it a "winner"?
then dont vote for him Dean.....go green party like i am.....those people have their shit together.....my new canvas shopping bag looks great.....:D

Lmao this is why I wont debate as much anymore I mean you have to be a liar or don't know what's up thread writer. Only way to jump start an economy is tax breaks for business for starters, saying that there were 13-19 jobs bills Reid wouldn't vote on the House passed. Another stimulus is Obama's answer LMDAO stimulus = steal from the people to fund the public sectors sweet deals we can't afford anymore. As for the poll Tw I bet it was a contaminated pool they drew from, lol like the readers like the lady said above me.

Last edited:
49 percent of respondents to the poll say that Republicans are intentionally stalling the economy, compared to 40 percent who say they are not. 11 percent replied “not sure.”

Among independents, 50 percent said that Republicans are stalling the recovery compared to 40 percent who said they are not, and 61 percent of self-described moderates said they are compared to just 40 percent who said they are not.

Former Florida Governor, son of George H.W. Bush, and brother of President George W. Bush is calling for a more moderate Republican Party. Bush said President Ronald Reagan "would be criticised today for the things he did. He added "My Dad and Reagan sacrificed political poinbts for good public policy." He said today's party has an "orthodoxy that doesn’t allow for disagreement.”

If Republicans continue to block every jobs bill put forth by the President, voters will begin to see that they are more interested in power than helping the economy. When the House of Representatives refuses to pass a highway bill even after it passed the Senate by a 74% majority, it will give voters pause.

Poll finds Americans believe Republicans are sabotaging economy - National economic policy | Examiner.com

As time goes by, it will become clearer to the American people that Republicans are putting power over the good of the American people. Americans want jobs, Republicans want to police women's bodies and add discrimination to the constitution.

If they turn off fux, its all right there in front of them.

Then there are those who prefer ignorance.

Only Rasmussen screws with the polls, duh. It's a little amazing it's not seen more, but it's also amazing how few pay ANY attention LOL. Great country....lol

What ever happened to investigative journalism, or journalism, or news budgets...

49 percent of respondents to the poll say that Republicans are intentionally stalling the economy, compared to 40 percent who say they are not. 11 percent replied “not sure.”

Among independents, 50 percent said that Republicans are stalling the recovery compared to 40 percent who said they are not, and 61 percent of self-described moderates said they are compared to just 40 percent who said they are not.

Former Florida Governor, son of George H.W. Bush, and brother of President George W. Bush is calling for a more moderate Republican Party. Bush said President Ronald Reagan "would be criticised today for the things he did. He added "My Dad and Reagan sacrificed political poinbts for good public policy." He said today's party has an "orthodoxy that doesn’t allow for disagreement.”

If Republicans continue to block every jobs bill put forth by the President, voters will begin to see that they are more interested in power than helping the economy. When the House of Representatives refuses to pass a highway bill even after it passed the Senate by a 74% majority, it will give voters pause.

Poll finds Americans believe Republicans are sabotaging economy - National economic policy | Examiner.com

As time goes by, it will become clearer to the American people that Republicans are putting power over the good of the American people. Americans want jobs, Republicans want to police women's bodies and add discrimination to the constitution.

If they turn off fux, its all right there in front of them.

Then there are those who prefer ignorance.

Odd. I rarely watch Fox. In fact, I probably watch CNN just as much nowadays, which is still rare. The only thing obvious is that poll is total nonsense presented by a partisan group.

I don't believe to much in polls to begin with but this is by KOS. The phrasing of the questions will distort answers and so on.

Sorry, a waste of time and money, just hype for a story.

There is no doubt that Republicans are sabotaging the economy in many ways, including the following:

gov%20employment%20four%20recessions.png

By Ezra Klein

In the graph atop this post, I ran the numbers on total government employment after the 1981, 1990, 2001 and 2008 recessions. I made government employment on the eve of the recession equal to “1,” so what you’re seeing is total change in the ensuing 54 months, which is how much time has elapsed since the start of this recession.

Since Obama was elected, the public sector has lost about 600,000 jobs. If you put those jobs back, the unemployment rate would be 7.8 percent.

But what if we did more than that? At this point in George W. Bush’s administration, public-sector employment had grown by 3.7 percent. That would be equal to a bit over 800,000 jobs today. If you add those hypothetical jobs, the unemployment rate falls to 7.3 percent.

Today, Ben Polak, chairman of the economics department at Yale University, and Peter K. Schott, professor of economics at the Yale School of Management, widen the lens, with similar results:

Without this hidden austerity program, the economy would look very different. If state and local governments had followed the pattern of the previous two recessions, they would have added 1.4 million to 1.9 million jobs and overall unemployment would be 7.0 to 7.3 percent instead of 8.2 percent.​

More: Public-sector austerity in one graph - The Washington Post

America's Hidden Austerity Program - NYTimes.com

Think Government Job Losses Don't Hurt Us? Think Again | Media Matters for America

ROFLMAO so a Poll By a Liberal Hack web Site, Of it's Liberal Hack Readers blames things on the GOP.

Shocker.

Dude do you ever listen to anything that does not come from left wing Propaganda sites?

Anyone, and I do mean anyone, Who believes that GOP has the Power to Sabotage our Economy when they only have a thin margin in 1 House of Congress is a FUCKING RETARD.

Of course we already knew that about you Dean.

Yea, but a lot of those stupid fucks who said the GOP are screwing up the economy also don't think it matters if they vote. So they get what they deserves. The American middle class deserves to disappear. If they are dumb enough to vote for Walker or Romney, fuck em. Only problem is they take us with them. Stupid fucks. I hate half of America.

Hey nutjob,

Your poll doesn't mean shit when it is just you, your cats and your play dolls. I do believe Raggady Anne said you're a dumbass bitch.

Polling Methodology

The Daily Kos/SEIU State of the Nation Poll is conducted each week (excluding those with major holidays) by Public Policy Polling ("PPP"). Respondents are chosen randomly from a nationwide voter file provided by Aristotle, Inc. Calls are typically made between Thursday and Sunday of each week, and at least five attempts are made to reach each potential respondent over the course of those four days. Respondents are interviewed through an automated telephone survey with the exception of those in Indiana and North Dakota, who are contacted via live telephone interviews because of restrictions on automated telephone calls in those states.

Typically, poll respondents represent a greater proportion of whites, older people, and women than found in the American public as a whole. Because of this, PPP weights its polls for race, age, and gender to ensure its surveys properly represent the population. (Note: PPP does not weight for party identification.) Based on a combination of census numbers, voter participation in past elections, and poll response, PPP develops target ranges for the share of poll respondents that should fall into each of these categories.

After contacting a sufficient number of respondents, PPP uses a random deletion process to achieve an appropriate gender and race balance, which generally involves removing excess cases of white and female voters. PPP then uses a statistical formula to adjust for age imbalances, which creates the final results. Even though the final results are weighted, the number of respondents by gender, race, and age is not necessarily identical every week.

Using a statistical formula to weight the results can result in a round number of respondents in each demographic category because the Daily Kos/SEIU State of the Nation Poll generally has a base of 1,000 respondents. However, an examination of the raw data (which is also provided each week) demonstrates that this pattern does not exist at the individual respondent level, but rather is merely a by-product of weighting.

In addition to the raw data used to generate the final results, Daily Kos and SEIU also make available the raw data discarded via the random deletion process described above. The discarded data is not used in calculating final poll results and is provided only for the purposes of transparency.

Ezra Klein, Washington Post, NY Times, and Media Matters as sources LMAO.

Yes, specifically the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Ezra Klein, two Yale University economics professors, Business Insider, Calculated Risk, Economic Policy Institute, Wall Street Journal, ABC News, U.S. News & World Report, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, The Brookings Institution, etc...

Maybe you'd like to share your "opposing" sources with us...?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back