Police will not enforce Trump's deportation plans

Why do you consider laws that allow us to know who is entering our country to be stupid?
Why do you consider laws that get ignored with impunity to be wise?
The purpose behind the laws is sound, but their implementation needs work. You're just arguing in circles.

You indicated that immigration law is stupid. Why do you believe that?

The purpose behind the laws is sound, but their implementation needs work. You're just arguing in circles.

It's stupid because it is being ignored, just as MJ laws and the 55mph speed limit have been
ignored.

Insistence upon enforcing stupid laws only makes things more profitable for violent criminals, like the coyotes and drug smugglers.

It's stupid because it is being ignored, just as MJ laws and the 55mph speed limit have been
ignored.

Insistence upon enforcing stupid laws only makes things more profitable for violent criminals, like the coyotes and drug smugglers.
Then we need to reform the law instead of ignoring it, because open borders is really stupid.

Then we need to reform the law instead of ignoring it,
Duh.

And until the law gets reformed, it will be ignored. That's less the fault of those ignoring the stupid law, then it is the fools trying to enforce the stupid law. It remains axiomatic: if you want the laws to be respected, they must first be respectable.

because open borders is really stupid.
Something faulty with your logic there. Murica had a basically open border policy with Canada for decades, and we didn't have millions of Canadians coming into the country.

I didn't say they were equivalent as to severity or proper punishments; I said they were both crimes which they are. For that matter so is holding a bag of pot most places. Are you trying to argue that only the crimes you don't like should be punished?
What I'm saying is that if your law is ineffective and being disregarded with impunity, then it serves you better to revisit the law, rather than insist upon doing more of what is clearly isn't working.

As already mentioned, you have people paying real violent criminal coyotes $3,000 - $5,000 to smuggle them across the border, instead of suffering all the bureaucratic rigmarole to come to Murica legally. The money is telling you something you refuse to hear. In effect, the law is creating even more lawlessness.

"What I'm saying is that if your law is ineffective and being disregarded with impunity, then it serves you better to revisit the law, rather than insist upon doing more of what is clearly isn't working"

The primary reason the law is ineffective is that we have government officials (all levels) who actively prevent their enforcement and direct the officers we pay to enforce them to not enforce them. This is about as counter-productive as it gets. It makes a great deal more sense to replace corrupt politicians than good laws.

I read in THE TIMES of last Wednesday that the mayors of Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, and Philadelphia say they will reuse to co-operate with Donald Trump's plan to deport at least two million immigrants. Charlie Beck, the Los Angeles police chief, said that his officers would stand by their decision of refusing to enforce some federal immigration policies, as they are obliged to do by some Californian laws and regulations. Chief Beck said that the LAPD was "not going to engage in law enforcement activities solely based on somebody's immigration status. We are not going to work with Homeland Security on deportation efforts. That is not our job, nor will I make it our job."
LAPD Chief Beck on deportation: 'That is not our job'
Chief%20Beck_zpshlbfx7hf.jpg

Charlie Beck -- a good cop

A law is only as effective as how it is policed. Trump has met his match if he wants to take-on American cops.
Where are you getting your information?

California does not require that state or local law enforcement officers check the immigration status during traffic stops or similar circumstances.

Immigration into a State or the Union is no longer a States' right or give States any standing over immigration issues.

Then we need to reform the law instead of ignoring it,
Duh.

And until the law gets reformed, it will be ignored. That's less the fault of those ignoring the stupid law, then it is the fools trying to enforce the stupid law. It remains axiomatic: if you want the laws to be respected, they must first be respectable.

because open borders is really stupid.
Something faulty with your logic there. Murica had a basically open border policy with Canada for decades, and we didn't have millions of Canadians coming into the country.

The name of my country is "America" NOT "Muica". You might want to remember that.

The primary reason the law is ineffective is that we have government officials (all levels) who actively prevent their enforcement and direct the officers we pay to enforce them to not enforce them. This is about as counter-productive as it gets. It makes a great deal more sense to replace corrupt politicians than good laws.

As it was with the 55mph speed limit, the law itself is unenforceable. This didn't just start eight years ago.

Ever heard what doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result is called?

I read in THE TIMES of last Wednesday that the mayors of Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, and Philadelphia say they will reuse to co-operate with Donald Trump's plan to deport at least two million immigrants. Charlie Beck, the Los Angeles police chief, said that his officers would stand by their decision of refusing to enforce some federal immigration policies, as they are obliged to do by some Californian laws and regulations. Chief Beck said that the LAPD was "not going to engage in law enforcement activities solely based on somebody's immigration status. We are not going to work with Homeland Security on deportation efforts. That is not our job, nor will I make it our job."
LAPD Chief Beck on deportation: 'That is not our job'
Chief%20Beck_zpshlbfx7hf.jpg

Charlie Beck -- a good cop

A law is only as effective as how it is policed. Trump has met his match if he wants to take-on American cops.
Where are you getting your information?

California does not require that state or local law enforcement officers check the immigration status during traffic stops or similar circumstances.

Immigration into a State or the Union is no longer a States' right or give States any standing over immigration issues.
I got my information from Chief Charlie Beck LAPD.

I think they can't do that because they have the legal duty to obey orders.
So if Trump administration tell them to deport they have to do it.
Am I right? :eusa_think:
No, anti Mexican directives from Washington are not the business of the LAPD.
Executive orders and federal laws have no power to the Los Angeles Police Department? :eusa_think:
I'm asking you because I don't know very well how laws work in the United States :)

I think they can't do that because they have the legal duty to obey orders.
So if Trump administration tell them to deport they have to do it.
Am I right? :eusa_think:
No, anti Mexican directives from Washington are not the business of the LAPD.
Executive orders and federal laws have no power to the Los Angeles Police Department? :eusa_think:
I'm asking you because I don't know very well how laws work in the United States :)
Correct; federal agents have jurisdiction over federal directives and state or city cops look after the enforcement of state and local laws.

As it was with the 55mph speed limit, the law itself is unenforceable. This didn't just start eight years ago.

Ever heard what doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result is called?

The fact that some people break a law without being caught doesn't mean that a law is unenforceable. Or that it's not being enforced. Or that it is not a good law that accomplishes exactly what it was intended to.

The fact that some people break a law without being caught doesn't mean that a law is unenforceable. Or that it's not being enforced. Or that it is not a good law that accomplishes exactly what it was intended to.
The fact that it's being broken with impunity is prima facie proof that it is unenforceable. Besides that, it is only a civil violation, which means that it is literally not a criminal act.

I'm just laying out the objective facts as they are.

Ya learnt it did ya.....
Illegals need to go. Oh I tried to find an interpretation but Google doesnt seem to want to cooperate.

"bitte ihre reise-papiere. interpretation to english"
"Bitte, Ihre Reise-Papiere." = Your travel papers, please.

Thats weird. Google translate wont do it.
But until we weed out illegals i'm good with that.
Of course the easier route would be to ban all public services and they'll leave on their own.
For translations you can use:
German English Translation
Persons do not lose their human or civil rights simply because they are undocumented Mexicans.

You dont have civil rights in America if you're an illegal.
Someone told you wrong information; human and civil rights are not forfeited once a Mexican makes it to Escondido. Any restaurant which refused food to a paying customer in the United States cannot, by law, refuse service on the grounds that a person is undocumented. Where did you get such an idea from, 1956 Montgomery, Alabama?

Sure ya can. Just call ICE.

The fact that it's being broken with impunity is prima facie proof that it is unenforceable. Besides that, it is only a civil violation, which means that it is literally not a criminal act.

I'm just laying out the objective facts as they are.

The objective fact is that if the law was in fact unenforceable you wouldn't be concerned that it might be enforced.
Game.Set. Match

Forum List

Back