Plus and minus on Herman Cain

I like what he said about going through every department up there in Washington and keeping what works, getting rid of what doesn't work.
That's what a good CEO does.

Well our current president also campaigned on doing the exact same thing. However, since taking office, I don't believe a single government department has been abolished and, depending on who you ask, we have anywhere from 200,000 to 500,000 more federal employees and he's talking about hiring more even as the deficit and national debt soars into the statosphere which is increasingly weakening the reputation and stability of the country.

So obviously it was just campaign nonsense when Obama said it. And since his past school, work, and political history is pretty well under lock and key, we don't know what his track record up to the Presidency has been.

Does Herman Cain mean it? He has a reputation for doing what he says he'll do. And he is already 100% more transparent than our current fearless leader.

New guy coming out of right field I never heard of before.

So I did a bit of looking here and there.

He seems a very competent businessmen, as opposed to Trump who is mostly competent at self promotion. He has been writing for a while (never saw his stuff, so I am going to have to hunt it down) and has had some government service in the Federal Reserve bank of KC.

First big "I don't like this" is he is a gold bug. I think gold bugs are very spooky. Gold buggery is the big reason I favored Bush I over Jack Kemp. Seeing how that was a mistake, I am going to be a bit more forgiving this time.

Especially since I have issues with the major front runners Huckabee and his revolving door jails and Romney and his version of Obamacare light.

My personal favorites aren't in the running right now. I was big on Palin, but now my first choice would be Christie.

Anyway, Cain looks very able. He may run off with it, the way things look right now.

Christie isn't running for Pres, but he has made it clear that he's open to VP.

A Cain - Christie ticket could be hard to beat.

He seems a very competent businessmen, as opposed to Trump who is mostly competent at self promotion. He has been writing for a while (never saw his stuff, so I am going to have to hunt it down) and has had some government service in the Federal Reserve bank of KC.

First big "I don't like this" is he is a gold bug. I think gold bugs are very spooky. Gold buggery is the big reason I favored Bush I over Jack Kemp. Seeing how that was a mistake, I am going to be a bit more forgiving this time.

Especially since I have issues with the major front runners Huckabee and his revolving door jails and Romney and his version of Obamacare light.

My personal favorites aren't in the running right now. I was big on Palin, but now my first choice would be Christie.

Anyway, Cain looks very able. He may run off with it, the way things look right now.

He must be good if he pass off that shit he sells as pizza.

The Gold standard is what we started on at the beginning of this country.
What about the Gold we have at Ft. Knox?
Why do you think gold bugs as you call them, are spooky?

He must be good if he pass off that shit he sells as pizza.

He has not been CEO of that company since 1996.

OMG I love what i see already. He has a message that gives me thrills, and delivery better than Churchill. I have never seen anything this good before

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDkacOveF0"]Wow![/ame]

I like what he said about going through every department up there in Washington and keeping what works, getting rid of what doesn't work.
That's what a good CEO does.

Well our current president also campaigned on doing the exact same thing. However, since taking office, I don't believe a single government department has been abolished and, depending on who you ask, we have anywhere from 200,000 to 500,000 more federal employees and he's talking about hiring more even as the deficit and national debt soars into the statosphere which is increasingly weakening the reputation and stability of the country.

So obviously it was just campaign nonsense when Obama said it. And since his past school, work, and political history is pretty well under lock and key, we don't know what his track record up to the Presidency has been.

Does Herman Cain mean it? He has a reputation for doing what he says he'll do. And he is already 100% more transparent than our current fearless leader.

Yes I think he means it.
The more I hear him the more I like him.

Gold is deflationary, as it is not produced in large enough quantity to even meet industrial demand every year.

Fort Knox only has cobwebs in there now.

The US was on a bimetallic standard up until 1861, and the metal of choice was silver. going for gold was a bad mistake based on perceived military necessity. And even during the war, it was more of a headache than it was worth.

The US does not produce much gold. Going on a Gold Standard would mean our money supply would be under the whimsy of Russia and South Africa. I don't really relish the idea of Vladimir Putin having more authority over our money supply than us.

I guess that puts him square into the cheap labor camp.

:lol: :lol: :clap2:

No, but he brought Burger King from least profitable to profitable in 3 yrs and then he brought Godfather's Pizza to unprofitable to profitable in 14 months.
With a record like that I think he would be able to make our country profitable again.

the country isn't a business. it doesn't exist to make profits.

That's right, that's not government's purpose. However that's the purpose of private sector businesses.

I like Cain.

If, and it's a big if, Christie were to join the race, I'd like to see a double act of Cain and Christie.

+ Is that he is not Obama

- is that he is not Ron Paul :He is very much like RP before some dumb ass tries to say "That's a good thing!"

Cain will get some face time and be a non-factor in the primaries pulling single digits and no delegates

This years flavor of the month

he is a strong supporter of affirmative action

No he is not for affirmative action.
Already the lies begin.

Cain is staunchly conservative. An entrepreneur from Atlanta who grew up the son of a Coke executive's chauffer, Cain raised himself from poverty in the civil-rights-era south to become one of the most successful African-American businessmen in the region; and his politics reflect both his entrepreneurial spirit and his deeply religious past. Cain is adamantly pro-life. ( He is anti-affirmative action). He stood against an extension of prescription-drug benefits, noting that the benefit was bound "to become another massive entitlement program that is destined to fail and burden the next generation;" and he has stated his dedication to the Second Amendment, to Social Security reform, and to abolishing the current tax code. It appears, as Cain himself noted in a Washington Post article this weekend, "If you want to define conservative, I'll spell it for you: C-A-I-N."

Already the lies begin.

Cain is staunchly conservative. An entrepreneur from Atlanta who grew up the son of a Coke executive's chauffer, Cain raised himself from poverty in the civil-rights-era south to become one of the most successful African-American businessmen in the region; and his politics reflect both his entrepreneurial spirit and his deeply religious past. Cain is adamantly pro-life. ( He is anti-affirmative action). He stood against an extension of prescription-drug benefits, noting that the benefit was bound "to become another massive entitlement program that is destined to fail and burden the next generation;" and he has stated his dedication to the Second Amendment, to Social Security reform, and to abolishing the current tax code. It appears, as Cain himself noted in a Washington Post article this weekend, "If you want to define conservative, I'll spell it for you: C-A-I-N."

Meh, he is good on a lot of issues that I have looked into so far but he is religious, and I don't mean "I believe" religious, but "I am better than you" Religious. His ending comment in the first Debate "And God DOES bless America" was a HUGE killer for me as being I'm a conservative not inflicted by religion.

Already the lies begin.

Meh, he is good on a lot of issues that I have looked into so far but he is religious, and I don't mean "I believe" religious, but "I am better than you" Religious. His ending comment in the first Debate "And God DOES bless America" was a HUGE killer for me as being I'm a conservative not inflicted by religion.

I much more trust a man who is unashamed of his religious faith and beliefs and quite open about them than I do a man who seems desperate to prove to two different religions that he is one of them and doesn't do a very good job of it to either.

Already the lies begin.

I much more trust a man who is unashamed of his religious faith and beliefs and quite open about them than I do a man who seems desperate to prove to two different religions that he is one of them and doesn't do a very good job of it to either.

Why are people so afraid of religion?

The Founders weren't...and most Americans I know aren't either...

Already the lies begin.

I agree and in the end it's why I like Ron Paul even more... He believes in the separation of Religion and Government to the point where he does not integrate it into his Campaigning.

I didn’t even know RP was religious until he was asked about back in 2008. And again while Cain is good on many issues he seems like the more in your face “he said she said BS” candidate. I’m sure Cain will draw a lot of attention but I want a leader that knows how to get things done that I agree with rather than someone that I agree in essence but don’t believe can get them done. I still think Cain would make a bad fucking ass VP.

At this point if Cain was the guy against Obama I'd prolly vote for Cain. I just need to learn more about Cain, and lucky me, I will =D

Forum List

Back